Dear GGG,Leagues are dead after 1month, are there plans on making them last longer or its intended?

"
markww wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Other f2p games maintain retention by giving login and timed bonuses, timed events and other such shenanigans. Even D3 does this once in a while. I hope GGG doesn't do it.

Isn't that exactly what the race season does.

Race season does nothing for leagues.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
you can stop talking already about this topic

http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#1y

after 1 month still 50% of players are playing. i played yesterday and people still buy my stuff and trade. no clue what you are talking about

It's concern trolling but I feel it's still a valid topic.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
markww wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Other f2p games maintain retention by giving login and timed bonuses, timed events and other such shenanigans. Even D3 does this once in a while. I hope GGG doesn't do it.

yeah
Race is race
League is league

Sure race can drag league people but there are people that are on a break because league is dead and the only motivation they find to play the game are races
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Dear GGG,Leagues are dead after 1 month, are there any plans on making them last longer or is it intended?

Some of my previous suggestions got quite of lot of approval but sadly nothing has been done so far

One was about making the league evolve in terms of complexity and difficulty through its course

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3ke7c7/povtemp_leagues_should_evolve_through_their/

and the other was about releasing content in waves instead of all of it on day 1

Prophecy has been the league that i gave up on the fastest and from what i heard, im not the only one, by a large margin

when you log in on peek hours on week8 and automatically get on global 1, there is a problem

when you ask something on global 5055 and the next reply is 2 minutes later, there is a problem

So, GGG, is it a concern or intended? just asking

Dude if u play 7-10 hours a day ofc its gonna get boring imagine if they add more difficult content only the top elitist would ever achieve it. I really don't get it. Aim high, try to be that top 5% of players and stop comparing yourself to casuals. Idk i usually play 2-3 hours a day and was never bored in 1 month. Heck i would even make a league 1 month longer but that is just me.
Another Sexcalibure shit post :P

"
markww wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

You didn't mention leagues, I didn't mention leagues...

The race season is exactly what you stated other f2p games do, timed events, and it works as it brings people back, maybe not into the league but back to the game which at the end of the day is what GGG want.
Let's say you live a normal, adult life - with family, friends, job and obligations. You have about 10 hours of game time every week. Max. Three months may be a lot of time for the no-lifers, but not for everyone.

If they should "change" the leagues after a while, it wouldn't be "fair" or experienced the same for everyone.

And I think we can all agree that the guys burning out after a couple of weeks, need that break. No?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Let's say you live a normal, adult life - with family, friends, job and obligations. You have about 10 hours of game time every week. Max. Three months may be a lot of time for the no-lifers, but not for everyone.

If they should "change" the leagues after a while, it wouldn't be "fair" or experienced the same for everyone.

And I think we can all agree that the guys burning out after a couple of weeks, need that break. No?
im not talking about changing the game
I'm talking about making it evolve

Releasing content in waves doesn't change the game, it's the same content you with a day one 100% but you get something new every 2-3 weeks

People that play 10h a week won't see the change but people people that play a lot will get bored way less

It's like giving a cookie every hour for 10hours or giving 10 straight cookies that can be eaten in 5min

People that eat slowly won't see a difference but people that can't hold them self will eat them fast and will have their belly hurt and say "no more"

Sadly, those people that can't eat the cookies really fast are also the people that can't hold them self from supporting

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Phrazz wrote:

You are presuming that the casual player needs to reach the same levels and milestones that the no-lifers reach in order to enjoy the game. The need for a complete game experience is a myth perpetuated by poor design philosophy and failure to understand the psychological motivations for playing.

This is the same mentality that ultimately started to kill WoW. Raiding use to be like Everest with only the elite able to completely reach the highest peak and despite the challenge limiting the accessibility WoW was at its most popular. Once that changed and Everest was turned into an easy to traverse hill casual players could experience the longevity and challenge was undermined for the core player base leaving people bored after a few months into a new patch.
"
Hackusations wrote:

You are presuming that the casual player needs to reach the same levels and milestones that the no-lifers reach in order to enjoy the game.

No, I'm not presuming that at all. What I AM "presuming", on the other hand, is what you are hinting at: Players enjoying the game in different ways and different pace. Keeping the length at 3 month, caters to a wider audience. It's not like GGG is capable of pushing out content every single month, so if someone burns out after a month in a one month league or a three month league, they still have to wait until the next league.

"
Hackusations wrote:

This is the same mentality that ultimately started to kill WoW. Raiding use to be like Everest with only the elite able to completely reach the highest peak and despite the challenge limiting the accessibility WoW was at its most popular. Once that changed and Everest was turned into an easy to traverse hill casual players could experience the longevity and challenge was undermined for the core player base leaving people bored after a few months into a new patch.

And I don't want PoE to get even easier than it is. I'm perfectly fine with never beating über Atziri, or a twinned Core Map. I'm playing SSF, and I'm OK with never reaching the same power as a trader. So what I'm "presuming" and what you're "interpreting" are clearly two different things.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info