ZiggyD show us the Hydra Bow!

Rigwald's quills for the win then.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Ha
Spoiler
hahahahahahahahaahahaa

Dayum i facepalmed quite hard when i watched that video of the bow showcase, what a fucking nightmare.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : in before EK build using slivertong bow.
edit 2 : ah at least it's arrows, so hopefully it will not function with EK.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 25, 2016, 2:38:54 AM
I'd recommend using an item in a build designed around it before having such a negative opinion. But what would I know. :3
"
Nuro wrote:
I'd recommend using an item in a build designed around it before having such a negative opinion. But what would I know. :3

Don't worry, i like your bow and it looks beautiful.

And people are permafreezing bosses with it, so op clearly has not tried playing with it and is just assuming things.

Had a giggle when i realized it was you posting though \o, thx.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
Nuro wrote:

And people are permafreezing bosses with it, so op clearly has not tried playing with it and is just assuming things.

Had a giggle when i realized it was you posting though \o, thx.

Peace,

-Boem-
Got a link to that? wouldnt mind giving it a watch to see what kinds of stuff people do with it. Im a melee kinda guy soo i pretty much never play with anything outside of my niche.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 25, 2016, 3:31:09 AM
No link, but i remember a thread in feedback discussing this bow where some people posted in and posted proof of concepts.

If i remember correctly he could freeze bosses up to tier 11, which is pretty ok, it's still a niche item.

The cold damage on frenzy charges from essence league might be extremely potent for a build like that.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
No link, but i remember a thread in feedback discussing this bow where some people posted in and posted proof of concepts.

If i remember correctly he could freeze bosses up to tier 11, which is pretty ok, it's still a niche item.

The cold damage on frenzy charges from essence league might be extremely potent for a build like that.

Peace,

-Boem-
Thanks, ill try googling some keywords then and see if i can find it.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Boem wrote:

Thank you; I really appreciate it!

While I'm actually happy with its current state in terms of DPS builds, I do understand that others may find it lacking whether due to differences in build choices, comparisons made to other options, or just plain differences in what people want to play. Calmly giving feedback is great (whether positive or negative) as it promotes discussion and sharing ideas. This is especially so for a game as complex as Path of Exile.

Alternatively: people making fun of or insulting something that someone else put a lot of time and thought into is just very hurtful and upsetting; it doesn't promote constructive discussion either.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Got a link to that? wouldnt mind giving it a watch to see what kinds of stuff people do with it. Im a melee kinda guy soo i pretty much never play with anything outside of my niche.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1696350/page/1

That's my thread (OP not updated, but I keep things updated in subsequent posts). Page 3 is current, and singapore kid links to his thread there, where he did a build wildly different than mine. My OP ended up as a bit more negative than I ended up feeling about the build once I got the build to 75~79k dmg.

My final thoughts on the bow and the build were:

The thing is... this bow is pretty awesome if you just look at what it does. Had this bow come out 18 months ago people would call it good. Had it come out 3 years ago it would be "OP". But because it's 2016 and RotC etc etc, reception is a bit ... cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biu2xjiayN8

And there's a video of a guy doing a gorge run, again different set up than mine, but pretty representative of my gameplay. I use an onslaught flask, so my attack speed and movement speed are a bit better than his I think, but it's fairly representative of what you can expect from yellow maps with good gear.
Last edited by innervation on Aug 25, 2016, 4:18:23 AM
Ok so reach got obliterated by the hydra bow :-)
No Problem,
Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info