Lab is [Removed by Support]- some answers and feedback

"
morbo wrote:

The Lab is actually a very good "proving ground" for your build.

Ever tried it with a leech based LL or life/ES hybrid build which has no Armour and no physical %mitigation? You could argue that it is a very good "proving ground" for the players hip hop skills then. Certainly not for the build - unless you want to make a lab runner...
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Ever tried it with a leech based LL or life/ES hybrid build which has no Armour and no physical %mitigation? You could argue that it is a very good "proving ground" for the players hip hop skills then. Certainly not for the build - unless you want to make a lab runner...

Is anyone forcing you to have no physical mitigation? Ever heard of Basalt or Granite flask?

I've done it with several hybrid builds, yes. And with pure EVA builds with crappy life pool (~4k). I've never played a LL build, because they are too expensive. But if you can afford a LL build, you can afford a properly rolled & qualitied Baslat / Granite. Maybe throw in some endurance charges, for Izaro fight? A chaos golem, perhaps?

The Lab will test your build (aka your ability to adapt) and yes, also your hand-eye coordination skills & reflexes.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 25, 2016, 4:33:16 AM
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

My main atm is a VP Berserker ( I did not have the warcray acsndancy until the last 2 points ).
I hade 3000 armors maybe back when I ran uber lab the first time, and it worked.
Had 4500 HP and 1000 ES I think.

No physical mitigation, no basalt.
Just a granit in the pocket, for Izaro.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
morbo wrote:
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:
Lab is killing alt creation.

Well, at least is not killing alt-account creation :D

For me, the boring 3X same questline is killing alt creation. It takes ~10-15 hrs to get to the point where your build is roughly shaped, for most builds. And most of those hours go into slogging through the same questline.

The Lab is actually a very good "proving ground" for your build. And I enjoy ascending my chars much better than going through the yaawnnn easy questline.

it seems you don't like the regular leveling through 4 acts, maybe all acts I don't know and I don't wanna speculate. the thing is what does it have anything to do with lab?
I like PoE gameplay and the current 4 acts, and I reroll a lot, at least I used to.
maybe I have a thing or two to say about some parts of those 4 acts.
I'll not do it here, cause they have nothing in common with the lab boredom and the deviation of gameplay and character progression bound to certain area.

in what way the lab is a very good proving ground?
if you mean anything other then quicksilver, whirling, warping, would you share it?
"
selcuk wrote:

if you mean anything other then quicksilver, whirling, warping, would you share it?

First of all, those help but are anything but necessary, you can walk with no movement modifier through all the traps.

Plus even if you use movement skills, you have to be careful, you cannot just brainlessely zerg stuff from far away, you have to consider traps ( it's even more true in uber ).
Lab haters pretend that with whirling you can almost do it without looking at it ... which is blantantly wrong. Do it within big floor spikes tileset without thinking and you will rip.

Whirling blades is too strong against many traps, I hope that GGG will change that, whirling blade could get a movement penalty while taking damage, or just while hitting traps for example.

And then there is Izaro, either a gear check or a skill check depending on how you do it.

Another element is that you cannot rush and rip 50 times in a row to bruteforce it, one death and you have to start over .
That makes it a build check in a way that if your build cannot handle it at all ( all correct build can imho ), you will be back to 0 when you rip.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 25, 2016, 5:15:19 AM
"
morbo wrote:

The Lab will test your build (aka your ability to adapt) and yes, also your hand-eye coordination skills & reflexes.

Wow. And there's the winner of the "most original lab apology of the year" contest.
Gratulations, Morbo san.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
selcuk wrote:

Pick one:

* If the Lab is trivially easy, then it means you get lots of power for little investment, no reason to complain
* If the Lab is not trivial, then it's a proving ground for your build & skill

Considering all the complaints, I'm leaning toward the second one.

Try to do the Lab on the same level or even under-levelled. For some builds it's harder, sure, but you have the ability to overlevel or even ignore all Labs until you are 90+. The Lab is not forced upon you. Except for Uber, you can make the experience as easy or as hard as you wish.

Think about it: there is no other activity in game, that (deterministically) gives you as much power for a relatively small time investment, as the Lab. Yet, some would want to make Ascension points free to obtain, just by killing Malachai or some thing you'd do anyway.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
torturo wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Wow. And there's the winner of the "most original lab apology of the year" contest.
Gratulations, Morbo san.

Apology for what?

It's a simple fact. Izaro will test your build (defenses, mostly) and skill in some phases (essences, conduits & charges). Traps will mostly test your movement/flask skill.

Izaro is prob. the most mechanical / tactical fight in game (much more fair than Malachai clusterfvk) and thus one of the best / balanced fights PoE has to offer.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I do agree that Izaro brings an interesting fight. But players simply trivialize it by just fighting him overleveled so he poses no threat at all, besides the glass cannons or some very squishy builds. Uber Izaro is another beast, ofc.

I was mostly about the hand-eye coordination & reflexes statement.
Still undefeated champion on the lab defense arena!
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
morbo wrote:
"
selcuk wrote:

Pick one:

* If the Lab is trivially easy, then it means you get lots of power for little investment, no reason to complain
* If the Lab is not trivial, then it's a proving ground for your build & skill

Considering all the complaints, I'm leaning toward the second one.

Try to do the Lab on the same level or even under-levelled. For some builds it's harder, sure, but you have the ability to overlevel or even ignore all Labs until you are 90+. The Lab is not forced upon you. Except for Uber, you can make the experience as easy or as hard as you wish.

Think about it: there is no other activity in game, that (deterministically) gives you as much power for a relatively small time investment, as the Lab. Yet, some would want to make Ascension points free to obtain, just by killing Malachai or some thing you'd do anyway.

check "you say those things cause you think lab is hard" in the first post,
and maybe read other stuff too for compaints?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info