So I can see Melee is STILL in the gutter with the release of the new Uniques.

"
turenayal wrote:
Now you've given the exact same type of item (yay, more projectiles without dealing less damage, while still dealing more damage if you're using cold skills. Because this idea wasn't used for range at all. Nope. Probably going to be hit with the nerf bat in the near future? Maybe.) to Spell-casters.

Umm, that ring won't be nerfed. It is not very OP.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
you want to say "2h melee" because 1h have all it need, shield,defense,block...

2h is in the gutter in you don t own Atziri axe or hege.
Yeah, 1h is quite ok at the moment. Unless you want to be fancy/creative and use the goddess unleashed. Damn that thing's GROSSLY underpowered... it has less damage, higher requirements, more drawbacks, worse gems and a far more difficult way to acquire it than the cauteriser... that is bulls***. Give it a buff already ggg!

Best use I've found for TGU has been Spectral Throw. Seems pretty strong. I've got 25k tooltip ST with LMP.

I guess I'm not really melee though. But TGU works, at least.

Gear and passives for reference
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:
I do love my "melee" Lacerate. I mean, sure its range is the screen, but at least I have a sword.

"
My Hegemony's Era Crit Berserker could easily rival my AssReacher this league. I don't know what you're on about, melee is good.

"
FCK42 wrote:
And melee will get a pretty nice boost once that armor/eva community belt is released... onslaught while fortify seems pretty damn awesome.

"
Souleus wrote:
Melee being dead is exactly why 99% of uber lab tour guides are 1h shield juggernauts.

a refreshingly real intro to a melee sucks thread for once, maybe there is hope for the community yet.

Not one of them you quoted even has a character over 90, let alone a melee character as their highest, it looks like.

I'd like to sell you a very nice bridge that I own...

No, there is no hope for the community you just confirmed it heh.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Well, since Prophecy mechanics are hanging around, you could dual wield Breath of the Councils with Abyssal Cry and some melee skill (they give area radius, so EQ or Cyclone or GS, probably). Toss poison/voidheart into the mix too, of course (even if poison scaling off 'area' modifiers gets removed like it should, double Breaths and getting into the shadow starting area will net you plenty of increased damage for poison).

My eponymous build right now is just that, it's pretty fun (although the Abyssal Cry doesn't exactly make it feel very 'melee' while clearing). The way I built it is pretty glassy though, so it's not for everyone.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 24, 2016, 11:53:31 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
That was done with barrage poison mines wasn't it? Then you could theoretically do bladefall mines with a 2hand white weapon. You're just missing some spell damage from wands/dagger setup.

Actually, if you wanted to use a 2h melee weapon (though not white) for bladefall mines you could use the Cauterizer. Gives you 70% of phys added as fire (all phys, not just for attacks with the weapon like with Doomfletch), and it gives you culling strike. I've been considering making a hybrid attack/ phys-spell build with it.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 25, 2016, 12:06:02 AM
"
zSavage wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
you want to say "2h melee" because 1h have all it need, shield,defense,block...

2h is in the gutter in you don t own Atziri axe or hege.
Yeah, 1h is quite ok at the moment. Unless you want to be fancy/creative and use the goddess unleashed. Damn that thing's GROSSLY underpowered... it has less damage, higher requirements, more drawbacks, worse gems and a far more difficult way to acquire it than the cauteriser... that is bulls***. Give it a buff already ggg!

Best use I've found for TGU has been Spectral Throw. Seems pretty strong. I've got 25k tooltip ST with LMP.

I guess I'm not really melee though. But TGU works, at least.

Gear and passives for reference

I use the same set up but with more aggressive crit rings and ammy. 75k wild strike. Blasphemy enfeeble, blind from the sword and full acro/evasion. It's legit.
I'll admit I'm fairly new to the game (about 250 hours or so, according to Steam), and I haven't played a lot of melee yet. Last couple of days I've been running a dual-wield claw attack-speed based character though. I'm gone for 10-14 hours a day for work, so I'd be further than I am, but it's running pretty hot so far. Wild Strike, Multistrike, Life Gain on Hit, and Added Chaos Damage, been clearing really well. Only level 44 so far, plan on taking her as high as possible. Lady_of_A_Million_Blows, for anyone wanting to check out my (not even completely opimized) set-up so far.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Not one of them you quoted even has a character over 90, let alone a melee character as their highest, it looks like.

I'd like to sell you a very nice bridge that I own...

No, there is no hope for the community you just confirmed it heh.

yawn, mr I hide my characters, ya maybe theres no hope for you.
Look at the end of the day we can all just strap on our Kaom's and play perma-IC Juggernauts with Earthquake. Or we can go CoC with cyclone and say that we are "melee" because we use cyclone. We can all do this and proclaim "melee is in great shape!".

However, you guys need to get real - any sane person playing PoE can take a look at the vast majority of other melee builds and melee skills in this game and see there is a significant disparity in balance.

I must say that like every melee thread that comes along, you will always have people circling these threads like vultures saying melee is in great shape. Strangely, it usually turns out they are in one of the below buckets:

i) not actually playing melee
ii) playing T10s and below
iii) playing an imbalanced melee build (in this patch it is perma-IC Juggernaut, Earthquake BS)

Like some guy pointed out in this thread that melee is in great shape because all he sees for Uber Lab runners are Juggernaut melee. I don't even know what kind of cerebral logic sequence leads to that conclusion. No one stops to question why the vast majority of the melee runners are Juggernauts - what happened to the other classes/Ascensions?

"
Ceryneian wrote:
No one stops to question why the vast majority of the melee runners are Juggernauts - what happened to the other classes/Ascensions?

No one really has to question why Juggernauts.

Its nothing to do with the other classes and everything to do with the Juggernaut being absolutely perfect for lab running.

I watched Hegemony farming the lab on a Lacerate Slayer and it was fine doing it, but not as safe as a perma IC Juggernaut. Nothing in the lab is as safe as a class that can stand in the traps and face tank the boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info