Information I posted to Reddit about Core Malachai

Qarl for president!

Cheers for the cross-post \o

Will be interesting to see how he's tuned now. Honestly i think the fight is pretty "ok" even with less solid builds, if the crapshoot of AOE spam would be reduced.
He's quite a fun mechanical encounter if not for the,

"avoid 95% of the screen or go vaal pact + shit ton of ES"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I totally get that. But devoting effort to appease one crowd without even tossing the rest of the players a bone will lose you a large fraction of your player base. You'll learn this. Too late, perhaps, but you'll learn it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I totally get that. But devoting effort to appease one crowd without even tossing the rest of the players a bone will lose you a large fraction of your player base. You'll learn this. Too late, perhaps, but you'll learn it.

The one time they made an update for end-game content only and you're this mad?

You know how many bones they've tossed the rest of the players LOL
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
thx for posting info on pathofexile forum. really.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:18:33 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Actually, i think that big part of the player-base that doesn't go into maps or pushes high into them do so because it's a different game.

There is almost nothing tying the story content to the current mapping system.

What happens if your wrong and a lot of the players your thinking about end up going into maps due to this expansion and actually enjoying it a bit?

There basically making a structure for the endgame that they can possibly connect to
"the story of wreaclast". And they are providing some motivation to do the end-game apart from just
"grind your way to 100 endlessly for no apparent reason"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Sometimes you just gotta make what you think is cool and save making what you think will draw the most cash for later time.

Don't think there's such as disproportionate amount of cash to be drawn from people who don't partake in the mapping part of the game but that's purely speculation on my part.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Aug 23, 2016, 10:26:37 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Actually, i think that big part of the player-base that doesn't go into maps or pushes high into them do so because it's a different game.

There is almost nothing tying the story content to the current mapping system.

What happens if your wrong and a lot of the players your thinking about end up going into maps due to this expansion and actually enjoying it a bit?

There basically making a structure for the endgame that they can possibly connect to
"the story of wreaclast". And they are providing some motivation to do the end-game apart from just
"grind your way to 100 endlessly for no apparent reason"

Peace,

-Boem-
Personally, the reason I don't like maps is because I always die inexplicably on them. Well, there is an explanation(1-5 second long lag spikes). For as long as GGG try to catch 15k+ EHP players off guard, maps will never be something I take seriously, story ties or no.
Hope I am wrong... and I'm about as far from "angry" as you can get. But you can't keep a group of players happy by adding something to your game that they'll never see. It just can't happen that way.

I'd be fascinated to know what fraction of the millions of "players" that they refer to in their hype have ever encountered core Malachi. I'd bet it's less than .01%... yes... less than one in 10000.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 23, 2016, 10:32:43 PM
This change sounds fair :)
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info