Information I posted to Reddit about Core Malachai

From here

Core Malachai has been reduced to be more in line with the other Tier 15s. He was previously kept strong to provide a serious challenge for those who want it.
He is still hard, but much of the difficulty will be in the Tier 16 maps and the Shaper's Realm.

Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 4:45:05 PM
You've got to realize that you're committing considerable resources to something that less than 5% of your players will ever see. I guess it's fine if you want to simply milk that population for as much as you can get, but really I think you would be much better served spending your time making the entire game much more fun for all, rather than just focusing on the encounters that people who have grown tired of the game might enjoy for a while.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 23, 2016, 9:33:17 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
to something that less than 5% of your players will ever see.

Doesn't mean it's not important

Also it's nice to see Dev's crossposting the info posted on reddit and showing these forums some more love
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Last edited by StDrakeX on Aug 23, 2016, 9:37:56 PM
Doesn't make them a buck either.
I actually think this change is fine, considering that the fight itself sort of limits what types of builds can consistently take him on. Like, I've killed him with a bow character, but it was by no means fun (and actually one of the more challenging things I've done in this game), whereas I've seen some builds be able to handle him with quite ease. This leads me to at least think it will open some gateways for those who are Abyss/Colosseum viable, but not Core viable to have a legitimate shot at reaching T16 and ofc the Shaper.

Whereas some of GGG's direction I've questioned in the past, this is (albeit a small one) a positive step in my eyes.

/e Also, I appreciate you posting in the forums as well, Qarl.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You've got to realize that you're committing considerable resources to something that less than 5% of your players will ever see. I guess it's fine if you want to simply milk that population for as much as you can get, but really I think you would be much better served spending your time making the entire game much more fun for all, rather than just focusing on the encounters that people who have grown tired of the game might enjoy for a while.

Jesus, calm down SSF boy.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 23, 2016, 9:42:15 PM
If I was any more calm I'd be in a coma.
Thank you Qarl for the info :).
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Doesn't make them a buck either.

Who are you, an authority on what makes people support GGG? Lets say the kind of balance and thought into stuff like balancing Core so that it goes in line with their new expansion is what I wanted, and that's why I bought a Phoenix Pack, has it made them "a buck"?

Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

The endgame elements are the specific focus of this expansion. Other expansions have had the content focused on earlier elements.

Thanks for posting it here too!
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info