What are your best PoE item find/wealth moments? (Best trades/wealth accumulation etc...)

I'm sure there are some good stories out there between all of us. I'd like us to share stories of your jump-off moments aka the moment that lead you to wealth and/or your first awesome item etc....

I know some don't like to share their "secrets", but I think a lot of the old methods don't work anymore since the economy is completely different than it was a year ago.

Flip skyforths in league? 2 Leg kaom drops in beta?

What is YOUR sickest item/currency PoE moment?

My first two big moments:

Back in beta, the only really good MF build I knew of back then was the MF totem sporker. My buddy and I two-man farmed Kole at Lunaris 2 all summer long. We pooled together everything we got to get him a shavs first, then me a soul taker. I stood in town and got the shittiest, cheapest rolled soul taker I could find. We had only one divine orb between us, and I used it and rolled 198/24/24, a 4-off perfect. When they went legacy, I traded it straight across for my first mirror weapon, The 1H RT Long Sword, Gale Bane. I want to say mirrors were around 170 at the time.

Before I was 2H, I was dual wield BoR with 75/65 block with no shield. Since my background consisted mainly of BoR or Kaoms, I really valued high resistance rings. I bought a 3 t1 res +12% implicit prismatic for about 3ex and just had a shitty 40life master crafted to it. I phased it out, but never sold it because I never thought I'd get what I wanted off of it, put it in my stash and forgot about it. When Meta-modding came out, I wiped the 2 shit suffixes off of it, and sold it for 90ex in under a day. 5ex and 1 scour investment turned into 90ex.

Please contribute, what are your stories? :)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Oct 8, 2016, 7:37:47 AM
Last bumped on Oct 9, 2016, 10:42:23 AM
when i turned in my doctor cards for a ilvl 1 headhunter, which i then used to troll streamers

linked it to zeno and he was so confused
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
When I was playing in Torment League, I was literally new to the game and had no idea what was going on. Some guy in a3 was buying white Agate Amulets for Chaos, never really thought too much about why. Found out later he was chancing this "Voll's Devotion" amulet that was so popular. Used to no-life back then, so I just sat there and made 2-3 alts and visited town each level up. Had probably 10 tabs or Agates or so. Back then 8c for Anarchy was a bankbreaker actually. First set of portals I got one, sold it for I think 24 ex at the time, and then proceeded to chain Chance. I think my total was around 20 Voll's or so, and I used it to flipperino a bunch.

Mapped, pushed my character, and at the end of 1.3 right before the Awakening, I cashed in and bought two crucial items I'll probably never let go:

The bow was such a lucky buy too. It had 13% Crit Chance on it, and with Jewels I figured I could still Crit Cap in 2.0 no problems. Then meta-modding happened...

Anyways, have no currency in Standard atm (road to 100 was expensive) but I'd love to get an Incision roll on it some day, buy 1 Eternal, keep the imprint, craft AS, and yolo Exalt to hang on to. Hopefully PSC provides good funds for that ^^

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
When I was playing in Torment League, I was literally new to the game and had no idea what was going on. Some guy in a3 was buying white Agate Amulets for Chaos, never really thought too much about why. Found out later he was chancing this "Voll's Devotion" amulet that was so popular. Used to no-life back then, so I just sat there and made 2-3 alts and visited town each level up. Had probably 10 tabs or Agates or so. Back then 8c for Anarchy was a bankbreaker actually. First set of portals I got one, sold it for I think 24 ex at the time, and then proceeded to chain Chance. I think my total was around 20 Voll's or so, and I used it to flipperino a bunch.

Mapped, pushed my character, and at the end of 1.3 right before the Awakening, I cashed in and bought two crucial items I'll probably never let go:

The bow was such a lucky buy too. It had 13% Crit Chance on it, and with Jewels I figured I could still Crit Cap in 2.0 no problems. Then meta-modding happened...

Anyways, have no currency in Standard atm (road to 100 was expensive) but I'd love to get an Incision roll on it some day, buy 1 Eternal, keep the imprint, craft AS, and yolo Exalt to hang on to. Hopefully PSC provides good funds for that ^^

Jesus christ what a bow. How does it compare to a reach assuming you dont use gmp/lmp on the reach?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Back when I only played standard, got a flat out Kaom's Heart drop almost right after the change to +1000 being legacy. Still managed to sell it for ~30 exalts at the time to fund other builds. Was really my first big drop over.

Since then I really didn't get any major drops in an form or crafted anything particularly well. For some reason my first serious attempt at generating currency through running a functional shop in Talisman landed me ~30 ex in profit, but that league also costed my girlfriend and I a ton to get our challenges done. Since then I haven't managed to generate that same level of wealth. At the same time the release of public tabs for premium tabs probably reduced the wealth each person can generate each temp league if playing casually.

Now, the most recent item I didn't expect to get was when I chanced
this league.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
A couple leagues ago, I vaaled a 6L Voll's that got +1 to gem level. I managed to get for ~130ex.

A few months ago, my friend was trying to chance a Headhunter and after using all of his Leather Betls up, I asked him to open up a portal for me, since my Zana wasn't high enough. On my 14th belt I got

I also crafted
with ~6ex worth of currency. I don't think it's worth that much in Standard right now, though.

Finally, I chanced a Soul Taker back when it was ~40ex
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Aug 23, 2016, 12:02:30 AM
I 6L'd a Belly of the Beast in 3 fusings back in Torment League. That was rather amusing to me.

I also snagged a Crown of Eyes before it was nerfed, it was nerfed at the end of the league. I chanced a Lioneye's Glare back when it was considered GG. Among other things. I have a bad habit of acquiring something RIGHT before it becomes worthless.

I am sure my Reach is next on the chopping block for this league.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Great stories so far guys! Sarang, sick bow man. OMG.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Most recent best luck ive had was my Slayer this league. I did Crypt first map, got luck as hell and found a Shavarones Wrappings off the boss. Went on to 6L it in only like 20~ fuses, dont remember the exact amount. Sold it for 15 Ex and then proceeded to use those funds to fund my Slayers build and a few others.

As for rares, its been pretty meh. Ive chaos spammed some decent stuff but nothing worth mentioning.

Edit - Oh and lots of luck in the labyrinth. Got some nice things to take to standard.

bunch of others too, many arent rolled well still sadly.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 23, 2016, 12:28:27 AM
I'd have to say this league surprisingly. On my chieftain I wanted a Sire of Shards, a little before 49 I landed the Heart of the Fire prophecy. Later on after upgrading to a 100% Sire I landed The Jeweller's Touch to help me go from 4-link to 5-link. Then later on while saving for Kaom's Heart I had one drop. Lastly I managed to vaal orb a +1 Arrow drillneck which promptly let me build my originally planned Assassin

"Ranged Assassin (Volley Fire Barrage) - Maimed Bleeding and crit poison stacked mobs all over the place. Drillneck + Lioneye's for a quick start and 100% hit but hoping to transition to a High PDPS Harbinger Bow later."

Of course Tornado Shot and Death Harp/Opus and Reach of the council altered the build slightly (still have barrage for atziri runs though), also I added fire degen to the mix via HoA and chill/freeze/shatter via Hatred. Now I just need to uberenchant +2 proj on the helmet, and get a dodge corruption on my boots.
Last edited by Megatyrant on Aug 23, 2016, 5:22:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info