Guardians of the Void - Unique Items

I guess the mace might be good for a skin transfer, thats about it.
Boem is right about the left hand side of the tree being geared towards lightning with weapons moreso than the right hand side of the tree.

Fundamentally the item is limited by the how it goes against the design of the tree (which I think is fine, but maybe not for an end game item). The simple fact of the matter is that as conversion from phys is fundamentally easier than conversion from an element (especially lightning at this point), which means that if you want to use the item in a specific way, then you're going to have to move the tree (or spend multiple ex and use avatar of fire, and then three dragons if you want to shock).

The left hand side of the tree is generally better for two handed weapons (maces especially), but that requires you to scale phys - which the weapon is relatively poor at. The right hand side of the tree will get the most out of the conversion and elemental damage.

I mean that's fine, but there's whole lot of unique conversion items right now where the defacto best "use" requires sacrifices like using avatar of fire, call of the brotherhood and pyre in order to get 100% phys to fire and then scaling fire on the right hand side of the tree - or other strange combinations.

In the end the item will probably settle around a couple of chaos and will be based around using skills that are essentially OP (like EQ).

I would like to see it used in a maim/temp chains/shock-slow (maybe abyssal cry) build, just to cripple your enemies movement.

But in a meta where DPS is king - the item is basically dead on arrival except for people who like to follow the "its new so I'll use it" FOTM, or are like me and try and work out meme builds.

The main issue is that we have uniques which are effectively DPS sticks that actually align with the tree (eg. Disfavour) and you can have any brain dead build go with them.
Last edited by ihasmario on Aug 22, 2016, 10:50:03 PM
Vessel of Vinktar on that mace, though.
mace and amulet are vendor trash, but the ring might be fun for some goofin around.
Ring seems the most interesting :o
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
GGG, you guys are awesome! Thank you for your awesome game, hard work, and incredible content!
Mace is a build enabler, it doesn't need to be the best ever, just good enough to be fun.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Phenixer wrote:
Eye of Innocence :

If the fire damage you take when you ignite has your own ignite chance it would be incredible.
It also probably applies from Mokou's Embrace 25% chance to be ignited.

So you will get a way to ignite yourself reliably against pack and bosses and you can get the 20% speed from Mokou's + damage and leech from amulet in a reliable way.
Defenately a very interesting unique ! Really hyped about that one.

Snakepit :

Nice item overall. I am pretty sure we will see builds using this to get free LMP in very useful ways.

Brain Rattler :

The mace does around 454 DPS with the rolls shown. It is not a good damage for a 2H weapon but it's not unplayable. We will defenately see 100% lightning earthquake builds with this.

Also, I noticed the conversion is not applied only to attacks so basically you could do a physical caster with it, not sure the usefulness of it though.

Eye of Innocence: Or you could just get an amulet and ring that does way more with additional benefits. Not that it is bad, but there is no reason to use it either, except maybe as a cheap Scold's Bridle for a discharge Juggernaut.

Snakepit: It's nice, but not for level 68+. The reason LMP is utter shit is that there is no middle ground. Either you get as many projectiles as you can (FW + KB / LA), or you obliterate anything anyway with just one (Essence Drain). I can see it as a makeshift GMP with Deadeye Ascendancy, but giving up two ringslots for that is kinda shit. Especially considering it only applies to spells.

Brain Rattler: If this thing gets some serious DPS it can actually be great. As far as I know the weapon effect is not a curse, meaning it applies completely to any boss reducing their speed to a crawl just with Vaal lightning traps (if shocked ground you created counts as being shocked by you). Might also be fun with an EQ Elementalist.

I mean, these aren't bad, but they are level 63-68 items and endgame rewards. By the time you can farm these you already outgeared them. Even for twinks they are bad thanks to the level requirement.
So yeah, almost 50% of endgame rewards already vendor trash.
Last edited by Bananaplasm on Aug 22, 2016, 11:27:04 PM
That amulet is very niche and imo badly designed

i really hope some changes are made to that thing before release..

The other two items are great
This would be the build that the mace is best suited for imo.

It won't be meta, but this will get the job done.

Best i can come up with for now. A slick 33% lightning pen before penetration gem should make it top end maps viable and might allow boss shocking.
Combined with some other neat tricks and it will most likely be able to run reflect maps.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info