What build are you planning for 2.4???

"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
It's nearly the same as coc discharge in terms of playstyle, you don't need a voll's devotion and you can use a real chest instead of Voll's Protector. You also don't risk getting an epilepsy from all the discharge flashes. I played a CI coc cyclone bladefall EK arc assassin in perandus softcore and I considered him better than a discharger.

Funny that you should mention it, one of the things I'm expecting from CoC nerf is limiting it to one spell, similar to one trigger gem rule.

I suppose just banning Discharge and enforcing that limit would fix things considerably without totaling the gem, though I'd personally like to see it fully redone.

I sure as hell hope not, but we'll see.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
raics wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:
Hoping for a buff for Spectral Throw ... one can hope.

It already got one last time, it's fairly usable now.

Lol ... it got one last time because before that they nerfed it to the ground. Meanwhile every other new skill is 3x better, ST doesn't scale with much and you go either Elebuzz (low DPS) or LL/CI (fucking expensive).

Spectral Throw is still useless as before without 50 exalts.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Heya!

Can someone give me (a relatively new player concerning rushing, farming, lvl90+) maybe 2 or 3 good starter builds for 2.4?

I think the lvl-skills are Fire Trap, Flame Totem, Spark, Freezing Pulse etc. as always?

Would be great if someone can help me a bit.. Also per PN.

Thanks! :-)
I want to make a fairly defensive, yet high damage split arrow/frenzy crit pierce with Victario's Acuity. Will have 5 power charge and 6 frenzy.

#NeverGoing90
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Bars wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Funny that you should mention it, one of the things I'm expecting from CoC nerf is limiting it to one spell, similar to one trigger gem rule.

I suppose just banning Discharge and enforcing that limit would fix things considerably without totaling the gem, though I'd personally like to see it fully redone.

Seems they combined both of my CoC rework tips in one.

- Raise proc to 100% but limit it to one proc per skill use.
- Only one spell can trigger per proc.

Too harsh, man, too harsh, half a second of cooldown is already way worse than the first one and adding the second one on top is plain teabagging.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 31, 2016, 4:57:06 AM
I'm contemplating a warchief heirophant, with or without Bond.
Just for shits and giggles, since it seems to be the one skill that didn't get the nerf nuke.

Too bad it can't use multistrike or proc CoMK. :/
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Too harsh, man, too harsh, half a second of cooldown is already way worse than the first one and adding the second one on top is plain teabagging.

IMO this, combined with the discharge changes and the lack of lab changes, will have a marked negative impact on the game overall in terms of hurting the population.

About CoC, they basically removed all current coc builds from the game. Although I can see some new coc builds emerging using coc as a supplementary dps source to an attack damage-based build, generating additional heavy hits for AOE clear (i.e. coc + bladefall instead of melee splash) and using support gem synergy (added fire benefiting both a physical attack and a physical spell). Combined with the 100% trigger on crit and the more damage multiplier, I think there's potential for some interesting and perhaps solid builds. I'm already contemplating one.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 31, 2016, 5:05:42 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
raics wrote:

IMO this, combined with the discharge changes and the lack of lab changes, will have a marked negative impact on the game overall in terms of hurting the population.

About CoC, they basically removed all current coc builds from the game. Although I can see some new coc builds emerging using coc as a supplementary dps source to an attack damage-based build, generating additional heavy hits for AOE clear (i.e. coc + bladefall instead of melee splash) and using support gem synergy (added fire benefiting both a physical attack and a physical spell).

You know, we're hitting that snag I mentioned before as a potential danger to such a rework, we basically have two options:

- A character fully optimized to use an attack skill with 5 fully optimized supports.
- A character with hybrid spec using an attack skill with 3 universal supports linked to a spell with 3 universal supports (ideally, it may be less) that triggers ever half a second (ideally, it will be less often if you can't adjust your attack speed to the breakpoint)

I don't think the spell is enough to cover for the loss of proper supports and build focus, considering the latter is also trickier to build and gear for I don't see why you'd even bother.

I do support the idea of augmenting your already decent attack damage with spells and like the direction of the nerf. I'm actually a big fan of the concept, but you need to have good infrastructure for that existing in game, we got chicken scraps currently. The game just wasn't ready for a nerf of this magnitude.

And that CoMK nerf was hilarious, I don't think anyone over there actually tried to play the build. The thing has legit drawbacks ad was perfectly fine the way it was, what spread the cheese on it was the Writhing Jar.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 31, 2016, 5:52:57 AM
I will do Occcultist with ES and Defence.. May be I try some interesting curses... May be Corrupted blood & poison. Of course Chaos damage too. Last League I died too much from these things. I don't like bow and minion builds.
Remember, my friend, that the expectation leads to disappointment. So don't expect anything from anyone, even from yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info