Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

Yea, for EA choosing Ele or Pathfinder looks hard. Ele gets so much more damage and life from the tree, but you move alot slower and dont get as much out of the flasks. I am sort of a speed addict so pathfinder will win :)
Welcome to the club, tbh I haven't slept in the past 2 days being torn apart which Ascendancy to choose ha ha :)
"
sentryc wrote:
hey, dingis, with a patch notes release, do you think EA might be good as Raider with Avatar of the Chase and Avatar of the Slaughter?

I mean it's likely going to be fine, but I don't think you get as much out of it as you think. EA is generally solid just off the gear and tree before ascendancy. This build generates frenzy mostly from using frenzy attack. you can use a different skill for curse on hit and potentially get all the frenzies you need out of that. The tree's current pathing doesn't get a lot of frenzies anyway.

You're gonna get pretty nice movement speed though, just less defenses and less ignite chance. I would probably go avatar of the veil instead of instead of the slaughter. Get immunity on flasks again, max out frenzy charges easily with frenzy curse on hit, have permanant onslaught even on bosses.

You don't get a lot of evasion on our pathing, if you go the dodge route you might though. Then you'd drop block stuff and run a regular quiver.

Hey! Would this be a good league starter? Im trying to decide between this and elementalist flameblast. Ive never played either but I'm a bit conscious of the quill rain requirement and the fact that you would only switch to EA at A4M. For endgame this definitely looks more thrilling/fast paced but I have no experience with it, so I have no idea how enjoyable it would be to start the league with this build.
Last edited by m0onknight on Nov 30, 2016, 6:19:02 PM
"
m0onknight wrote:
Hey! Would this be a good league starter? Im trying to decide between this and elementalist flameblast. Ive never played either but I'm a bit conscious of the quill rain requirement and the fact that you would only switch to EA at A4M. For endgame this definitely looks more thrilling/fast paced but I have no experience with it, so I have no idea how enjoyable it would be to start the league with this build.

You switch in After cruel piety at level 47. Cruel dried lake is where you start it, it will gradually feel better as EA gem levels. Flameblast elementalist is easier to level with because of lax gear requirements, and is generally a really good league starter if you like the play style. this one is too, quill rain is kinda annoying to buy first days of the league, but you can get a low ilvl one cheaper because people don't think you know 5link it with jeweller's touch. Usually the higher ilvl ones are like 10c on the first couple of days then drop in price.

Cheapest route in leveling is usually buying a white 5link chest of any kind for single target, and using essence of greed to put life on it. 4link will be enough for aoe clear.

All that said I've started 2 leagues with it and it was fine, but I am generally comfortable with starting a league as EA, if you want to take the safer route, flameblast elementalist is definetly one of the best league starters in the game, I think this outshines it in late game in terms of clear, and they both have pretty good single target overall. Both can start out relatively cheap and you can sink a lot of currency in both if you want to really push them. You're gonna be fine with either.
Last edited by dingis on Nov 30, 2016, 6:57:24 PM
As the raider get buffed and the PF have a little nerf...

"

Raider Ascendancy Changes:
Avatar of the Veil's elemental damage has been increased to 40%.
Avatar of the Chase's increase to Onslaught effect has been increased to 100%.
Way of the Poacher now has a 20% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill or on hitting a rare or unique enemy.
Rapid Assault now has a 100% chance to gain Onslaught on kill.
Quartz Infusion now has a 100% chance to gain Phasing on kill.
The minor Ascendancy skills leading up to Avatar of the Chase now grant 20% increased Onslaught duration, instead of 5% attack speed.

Can It be good to switch to the raider ?

As avatar of the veil's is now 40%, you have more burning dmg and explosion dmg.

With the "Way of the Poacher" that can give you the frenzy just by hitting boss or rare at a rate of 20% as well as "on kill" you can now reach the 4 frenzy easily, get and hold all of them during boss fight.

Plus if you have full frenzy charge you are phasing -> no more status alignment and +10% dodge spells

In a short for ascendancy:

Avatar of the Veil's that now grant 40% of elemental dmg + phasing + dodge spells + elemental status immunity on phasing.
+
Avatar of slaughter for the extra move speed / atk speed on frenzy.

and bring a surgeon silver flask to gain phasing on drink if you drop your frenzy.

OR

Avatar of the Veil's + way of the poacher + rapid assault (but atk dmg is for explosion/burning ? i don't thing so)

for a max frenzy generation + onslaught on kill

For me the best is Avatar of the Veil's + Avatar of Slaughter.

But what about items ? the same or other uniques ? Damn why this "nerf" for path finder.

What do you think about that ?
Pathfinder nerf doesn't affect this build, it actually helps it. It only affected crit buildds and now that it's 100% flask gain on crit and we don't crit much so it's a more reliable gain than before.
Not sure what to do in 2.5 league. I played BV PF last 2 leagues, but they got nerfed.

Trying to decide between this and BF Raider.

How is this a league starter? How soon can it push to t16 guardians?
FAQ for 2.5 added to front page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RobCNUm_CDs

As far as raider is concerned. The frenzy charge stuff isn't all that important when you can use frenzy to curse on hit already. You don't get as much out of the raider buffs for this character as you would for a spell caster or melee character. None of the nerfs for pathfinder matter at all for this build except for rumi's block chance.

So for raider, your extra damage isn't that important(we get 40 here are well) the attack speed and movement speed are nice, but we get good movement speed. You lose ignite chance and defenses, and the extra aoe and arrow if you go for dying sun.

It will probably be fine to use a raider, but it's not better than pathfinder.

"
Th3LoRD wrote:
Not sure what to do in 2.5 league. I played BV PF last 2 leagues, but they got nerfed.

Trying to decide between this and BF Raider.

How is this a league starter? How soon can it push to t16 guardians?

You'll need a 6link quill rain to do guardians comfortably, and probably decent jewels. My guardian guides are with prohpecy league gear if you want a frame of reference for damage.
"
dingis wrote:
"
m0onknight wrote:

You switch in After cruel piety at level 47. Cruel dried lake is where you start it, it will gradually feel better as EA gem levels. Flameblast elementalist is easier to level with because of lax gear requirements, and is generally a really good league starter if you like the play style. this one is too, quill rain is kinda annoying to buy first days of the league, but you can get a low ilvl one cheaper because people don't think you know 5link it with jeweller's touch. Usually the higher ilvl ones are like 10c on the first couple of days then drop in price.

Cheapest route in leveling is usually buying a white 5link chest of any kind for single target, and using essence of greed to put life on it. 4link will be enough for aoe clear.

All that said I've started 2 leagues with it and it was fine, but I am generally comfortable with starting a league as EA, if you want to take the safer route, flameblast elementalist is definetly one of the best league starters in the game, I think this outshines it in late game in terms of clear, and they both have pretty good single target overall. Both can start out relatively cheap and you can sink a lot of currency in both if you want to really push them. You're gonna be fine with either.

Thank you for the detailed answer. I have one more question, if you don't mind!

It's clear from your videos that the build scales amazingly with currency investment. What I'm slightly concerned about is how much currency is required for it to be good. You've got all the gg flasks, 2 6-links, a Kaom's and 2 relevant enchants on your helm and boots. Would it be fair to say that's over 10ex investment just on those? I'm not a great player, I usually amass 2-4ex worth of stuff total, throughout the league.

What I'm getting to here is, what would the build be able to do with a 5-link rare chest, 5-link quill rain, rare flasks and no relevant lab enchants?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info