Reach of the Council

Been watching reach prices for quite some time,,insanely expensive item with prices holding over 10ex for any RoTC and 20ex is probably close to the average, I dont know how anyone but those who were lucky enough to get drops can afford this bow, ridiculous and post nerf its not that overpowered anymore when compared with most end game bows. Frankly after 350ish dps most bows except those top mirrored harbingers are pretty close overall anyway. I noticed even Deaths Opus is running like 3ex for 5link versions in standard, i guess the rich just never have enough currency,,,ggg needs to increase the droprate on RoTC severely to bring prices inline with the other end game options as right now its 3 times the price of unlinked harbingers.
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
"
Grizzledmoe wrote:
ggg needs to increase the droprate on RoTC severely to bring prices inline with the other end game options

Note:
Spoiler
I have not attempted the pale council in standard or post nerf. The information I'm basing everything off of is from the last 4 weeks of the prophecy league.

Sorry, but have you ever done a pale council run? Its RNG 1/4 chance to get a RoTC. I admit, I see myself as a filthy luckerdog because out of the 5 times I ran it in prophecy I got 3 bows.

To add onto that. The pale council isn't by any means difficult. Its easier than any twinned t8 map boss. The only pseudo difficulty is a book that appears, waits, and then instagibs with shocked ground and sparks.
Last edited by djfang on Sep 12, 2016, 3:03:15 AM
"
Grizzledmoe wrote:
Been watching reach prices for quite some time,,insanely expensive item with prices holding over 10ex for any RoTC and 20ex is probably close to the average, I dont know how anyone but those who were lucky enough to get drops can afford this bow, ridiculous and post nerf its not that overpowered anymore when compared with most end game bows. Frankly after 350ish dps most bows except those top mirrored harbingers are pretty close overall anyway. I noticed even Deaths Opus is running like 3ex for 5link versions in standard, i guess the rich just never have enough currency,,,ggg needs to increase the droprate on RoTC severely to bring prices inline with the other end game options as right now its 3 times the price of unlinked harbingers.

if this is standard we talking and not softcore essecne then you need to keep in mind a bunch of things.

1 there are considerably less people in standard then essence or prophecy when it was around. while this means both less supply and demand it feed to...

2 There is a considerably smaller population of people doing the unpopular content. Those players tend to live in temp leagues .. not perm leagues.

this is why death's door was 10- 15 exa in standard before prophecy ended... no one on standard really wants to deal with uber lab and its crap

3 on top of 1 and 2 ggg nerfed the crap out of silver drop rates... the chances of people completing full chains of the pale council is even further diminished as it on average can take 50+ coins to do so not including sealing in which case the costs get astronomical.

4 legacy is legacy.. so its diminishing resource as far as reach is concerned

as for softcore essence... id say its number three that keeps the expenses up ...
It's still at about 4 Ex in the new season, which is basically the same price as last season. I mean, that's somewhat understandable, Silver Coin drops down and demand also down - but I honestly doubt that a lot of bows are sold at that price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info