Reach of the Council

is worth buying with a possible Nerf in coming?
Last edited by moneypants on Aug 17, 2016, 7:53:45 AM
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2016, 11:42:05 AM
Yes. The nerf may not be retroactive (fairly likely due to it having no truly unique mods), and it might still be a fine bow after the nerf all the same even if it is retroactive.
Very unlikely to go Retroactive.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I dont quite get why people think it wont be retroactive. I HOPE it wont be. I dont get nerfing retroactively, as it only effects standard leagues, and there is no "competition" in standard. Nerfing for future leagues/races etc, I totally get. You dont want the top builds all to be the voltaxic whatever or RoC whatever... but let standard just be.
"
Deliverme wrote:
I dont quite get why people think it wont be retroactive. I HOPE it wont be. I dont get nerfing retroactively, as it only effects standard leagues, and there is no "competition" in standard. Nerfing for future leagues/races etc, I totally get. You dont want the top builds all to be the voltaxic whatever or RoC whatever... but let standard just be.

The main reason that the bow is good is the huge + to base physical damage. They can't change that mod globally without it affecting all the other items with this mod. They can't change individual items without taking the database offline for a long time... they claim a matter of weeks. So it's really unlikely that they could change it even if they want to.

There's a chance that they planned for this and made a new affix which shows up as + base physical and they could change that globally, just my modifying the effects of that affix.
very few items were nerfed retroactively, the only ones i can think of are the chaos conversion items and crown of eyes and for crown of eyes the item itself wasn't changed but the mechanic it used

so retroactive nerfs are used to change something more than just one item
Last edited by 1235 on Aug 17, 2016, 8:52:08 AM
Right, retroactive nerfs are done when you don't mind changing all instances of that mod across all items that have it. If it's only one item it's a no-brainer, Acuities are a good example.

Reach will be retronerfed only if they used a separate mod for flat damage roll or extra arrows, which might be the case considering devs said they were in too much hurry to test it properly, or it might actually reinforce the view they had no time to mess around with database.

90% chance for a legacy item, in my opinion, and I bought the item a few days ago to put my money where my mouth is.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 17, 2016, 9:07:21 AM
"
Very unlikely to go Retroactive.

I would bet a grand it is.
They WILL changing the free GMP in something like "socketed gems are supported by lvXX GMP support" or nerf the add arrow to two. ANd that would be retroactive, for sure.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:

The main reason that the bow is good is the huge + to base physical damage. They can't change that mod globally without it affecting all the other items with this mod. They can't change individual items without taking the database offline for a long time... they claim a matter of weeks. So it's really unlikely that they could change it even if they want to.

There's a chance that they planned for this and made a new affix which shows up as + base physical and they could change that globally, just my modifying the effects of that affix.

Wut? The reason is not the dam, it's the free GMP with nearly no downside.
Delete that, and you have a Item noone would use over a Decimation/Harbinger.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last edited by Hunwulf on Aug 17, 2016, 9:21:59 AM
"
Hunwulf wrote:
I would bet a grand it is.
They WILL changing the free GMP in something like "socketed gems are supported by lvXX GMP support" or nerf the add arrow to two. ANd that would be retroactive, for sure.

And it would apply to every other item with Additional Arrows.
The only way it could be a change exclusive to Reach is if GGG had the foresight to make a redundant entry in the affix list *just* for Reach of the Council. It's possible, but unlikely.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 17, 2016, 9:23:27 AM
well id like to have a Reach of the council but dont think ill get i only manage to farm 3ex to me 3ex is alot for others its not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info