Reach of the Council

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:
I would bet a grand it is.
They WILL changing the free GMP in something like "socketed gems are supported by lvXX GMP support" or nerf the add arrow to two. ANd that would be retroactive, for sure.

And it would apply to every other item with Additional Arrows.
The only way it could be a change exclusive to Reach is if GGG had the foresight to make a redundant entry in the affix list *just* for Reach of the Council. It's possible, but unlikely.

"
Qarl wrote:

We need to assess the power of the rewards. For example, for Reach of the Council we knew went out with risky balance values. We pushed it a little as we wanted it to be used, but knew if it went out too high it would only be temporary. As part of the core game, this unique heavily distorts bow use. We know we will be changing this item, and we'll need to assess all the Prophecy content for going into the live game.

Well, its still a interpretation, but they had a nerf in mind right from begin of prophecy. So i bet for a retro nerf. Also, its the only item with 4 arrows iirc, so it could really have a genuine affix entry.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last edited by Hunwulf on Aug 17, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:
I would bet a grand it is.
They WILL changing the free GMP in something like "socketed gems are supported by lvXX GMP support" or nerf the add arrow to two. ANd that would be retroactive, for sure.

And it would apply to every other item with Additional Arrows.
The only way it could be a change exclusive to Reach is if GGG had the foresight to make a redundant entry in the affix list *just* for Reach of the Council. It's possible, but unlikely.

Thats not true. The only "aditional arrow" mods that the game has outside of council are +1/2, i bet the council affix is a unique one and could be changed directly.
The most sensible implementation is an affix with a property of 'Additional Arrows', with a separate value determining the amount of additional arrows, similar to how Increased Physical Damage has a range of possible values.
The item would have [affix number] [affix value] as a property, with the number pointing at 'Additional Arrows' in the affix database, and the affix value determining the amount of additional arrows.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 17, 2016, 11:12:31 AM
Item will go legacy, they will nerf it for the core game but there is no reason to adjust the current bow as many others in STD outclass it.

Spoiler
Actually I think it's something GGG planned to screw up Mirror services because everyone knows those Bows should have never existed and were crafted using duped currency (not saying the crafter duped himself but he used some 100% sur).

It's also a reward for playing the league, it was way too commun I admit (I dropped 3 without even trying to farm them), but nerfing it retroactively would definitely make everyone thinking twice before playing a new league for a specific unique. It's also not the first time GGG introduce a broken item to make it legacy at the end of the league (looking at you Vinktar).

Outside of pure power creep, the bow doesn't enable anything special like Voltaxic did (and still do). It's just a REALLY good bow but you can still one shot yourself on reflect with it and it doesn't one shot bosses by itself (Ascendancies and lack of increase difficulty did that).
I do agree it's too good with poison but I reckon the long overdue double dip nerf is coming with 2.4 as it would be a bit silly for GGG to see their new end game bosses get one shot by a stack of mines.

TL/DR
Get one for cheap and divine it to good values, there is very few chances for it to not go Legacy.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 17, 2016, 5:25:13 PM
Get one because there will never be a better bow under 30 exalts except maybe a legacy windripper but even it loses to the mighty reach around.

That is unless they retro nerf/
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 17, 2016, 5:29:39 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

That is unless they retro nerf/

Even if they "retro nerf", damages will stay the same. There is no reasons why they would have created unique entries for every mods, seems like a lot of work for not much.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 17, 2016, 5:36:16 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The most sensible implementation is an affix with a property of 'Additional Arrows', with a separate value determining the amount of additional arrows, similar to how Increased Physical Damage has a range of possible values.
The item would have [affix number] [affix value] as a property, with the number pointing at 'Additional Arrows' in the affix database, and the affix value determining the amount of additional arrows.

Why would they do it like that if they knew the item was "likely to be an issue"?

They'd implement the bow, and keep the aditional arrow property (the only thing really unique about the bow) its own unique property, so it could be tuned post-release to adress balance concerns.

That said. Flasks has their "charge on crit" modifier nerfed while still keeping old flasks untouched. That mod wasnt used anywhere else, and there was no conceivable reason to change one, but not the other. They still did it that way.

So, what that tells us effectively is, that what logic dictates might not what GGG implements.
*shrug*
"
Cataca wrote:

They'd implement the bow, and keep the aditional arrow property (the only thing really unique about the bow) its own unique property, so it could be tuned post-release to adress balance concerns.

The thing is it's not an unique property, other bows like death harp/death opus got the same mod and I'm almost 100% sur that the implicit corruption on bow and quiver is the same.
I made some calculation on others similar topic and the best they can do is nerfing the value by 25% (reducing reach arrows to 3 from 4) without affecting the rest.

Of course there is still the possibility that the mod include the value in the database by from what we know it's pretty unlikely. Most mods work as stated by vipermagi [mod][mod value].
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 17, 2016, 5:46:14 PM
"
Cataca wrote:
So, what that tells us effectively is, that what logic dictates might not what GGG implements.

It's a necessity, not logic. Their database would be a lot bigger if their entries aren't in form modID-value1-value2. For example, we assume Myolner went legacy because its 'unique' mod entry looked something like this:
251 - modID (cast socketed spell on hit)
11 - gem tag (lightning)
50 - chance to trigger

You would otherwise have as many mods of that kind as there are spell tags, it's a waste of space.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 17, 2016, 6:07:40 PM
I put my money on no legacy. I had one and sold it.
The chaos nerf combined with their expressed intent not to create legacy items any more and also the wording (As part of the core game, this unique heavily distorts bow use) makes me believe they'll retroactively nerf it. I guess we'll know in a few days.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info