Vault Map Reveal

Fallacies, fallacies, fallacies galore, wrapped in general complaints. Not sure if you're trolling, but I'll address them regardless...

"
Manator wrote:
Who cares how many fucking different maps or bosses you add to this game. Result is still same.
End game is still RNG based;

Please tell me what online ARPG isn't RNG-based?

"
Manator wrote:
Rare drops are piece of shit (I found maybe TWO noticeable last year);

Don't wait for rare drops for what you need. Sell the ones you don't want to vendor trash or on poe.trade if they're good for another build. And then craft what you do need: base item -> transmute -> alt -> regal -> master mod. If you're waiting for the perfect rare drop you're going about it all wrong. Either buy what you need or craft it.

"
Manator wrote:
Uniques are junk (a good ones can be chanced or may be found once in a lifetime maybe);

Uniques are for build enabling, nothing more. You run one or two uniques and that's it, but many builds do not even need them. Uniques are not better than rares, nor are they supposed to be. They serve a specific purpose.

"
Manator wrote:
No additional currency sink (just look at ex prices);

Many, many currency sinks, but you're just not using them correctly. The market is high for some things because of the players who do nothing else in life but play this game. If you want to enjoy PoE, play the game not the market. Leave the market for those who've done everything else and have time left over to get that next 1% better stats at end-game.

"
Manator wrote:
You introduce more and more Lab bullshit (just looking from your video);

Lab "bullshit"? No lab additional lab anything in Atlas. There was more lab in leagues, hence uber lab, but not in Atlas. That is, unless you're talking about new mechanics in maps? If so, then what's wrong with more mechanics? Do you just want to mindlessly kill mobs from point a to point b in every single instance you enter?

"
Manator wrote:
Old and unused skills are forgotten;

Vast majority of skills have their place and purpose in either builds or as a utility skill. Of course some skills can become more powerful than others in specific builds, but that doesn't mean we have to drop those other skills. Skill diversity is what makes PoE interesting, let alone almost any ARPG.

"
Manator wrote:
Trading still relies on third party.

I'll grant you that: I'm displeased with the lack of work being done by GGG to take ownership of the trading tools. They leave this to a third party which 1.) I wouldn't trust to do this forever, and runs on non-GGG servers, 2.) does not have any sort of method of punishing violators of that system, and 3.) is still separate from the game.

"
Manator wrote:
Just looking forward to see performance improvements. If this fails then I see no reason to waste my time anymore.

So if you don't see performance improvements on your PC, you don't want to waste your time with PoE anymore? If that's all it takes, why haven't you left already?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 17, 2016, 11:22:52 AM
Switches in maps... don't you guys realize that most people prefer linear maps and don't like labs/traps? Do you live in an ivory tower?

I hope you didn't mess up with the new maps. The changes to T7s, which actually made them worse, and annoying chateau/plaza with walls everywhere isn't getting my hopes up.
Looks AWESOME :))) Hope its not all to difficult... Thank you GGG for the new content even tho I dont get very deep into end game maps much higher the 12 Iam sure this will make many others happy :) My hope here is Reach of the Council goes Legacy for all of us that really struggle maybe I will able to get above lvl 90 in std with it ... still leveling gems Will there be any new Bow skins an maybe even some Quiver skins ???
Last edited by Fasteddie1 on Aug 17, 2016, 11:35:49 AM
"
drake1666 wrote:
Switches in maps... don't you guys realize that most people prefer linear maps and don't like labs/traps? Do you live in an ivory tower?

How nice of you to claim "most people" when you, I, and everyone else here have NO CLUE what "most people" playing PoE want. With millions of players when compared to the small fraction here, in reddit, and whatever social circle you belong to complains about x, y, or z in PoE, we don't know what most players want. Only GGG can take stabs at guessing that based upon their internal metrics.

I am someone who likes the lab and traps. I don't always play lab because the rewards vs time investment is not there, but when I do need to run lab, I enjoy it. The only time I hate lab is when the servers happen to go down right when I'm doing a lab run.

And I'd bet a good chunk of the people who complain about non-linear maps and back-tracking are the same ones who race, watch their XP/hour stats, and invest significant time in watching and bragging about their position in the ladder for each league. Linear progression is for those types of players, while non-linear is for those who just enjoy playing PoE. Besides, the linear focused players will just find the best and most efficient ways around non-linear content no matter how non-linear GGG makes those maps. This is why movement speed stats and builds that focus on clear time are so popular among that crowd.

No thank you, drake. GGG, please feel free to give us more interesting maps instead of just feeding the addiction of the "1%".
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 17, 2016, 11:38:40 AM
Yawn... recycled pieces of Lab + other maps. Typical video where there are views using view perspectives we never can play with (just like simulated pictures on most cell phone commercials to make it look better than it really is). End boss golem type creature looks cool with minions but that's all so not revealing much (but wasn't expecting anything so GGG did not surprise here).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
drake1666 wrote:

I'm in agreement with Cipher_Nemo in that I think lot's of players don't want linear maps. IMHO that's what ruined Act 4 for me is most zones are way too narrow corridors that restrict the ability to kite mobs (Belly of The Beast is particularly bad and I just want to get through that as fast as I can). The switches to unlock doors are just annoying busy work (same as key run to unlock door) that we all could do without.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Spoiler
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Fallacies, fallacies, fallacies galore, wrapped in general complaints. Not sure if you're trolling, but I'll address them regardless...

"
Manator wrote:
Who cares how many fucking different maps or bosses you add to this game. Result is still same.
End game is still RNG based;

Please tell me what online ARPG isn't RNG-based?

"
Manator wrote:
Rare drops are piece of shit (I found maybe TWO noticeable last year);

Don't wait for rare drops for what you need. Sell the ones you don't want to vendor trash or on poe.trade if they're good for another build. And then craft what you do need: base item -> transmute -> alt -> regal -> master mod. If you're waiting for the perfect rare drop you're going about it all wrong. Either buy what you need or craft it.

"
Manator wrote:
Uniques are junk (a good ones can be chanced or may be found once in a lifetime maybe);

Uniques are for build enabling, nothing more. You run one or two uniques and that's it, but many builds do not even need them. Uniques are not better than rares, nor are they supposed to be. They serve a specific purpose.

"
Manator wrote:
No additional currency sink (just look at ex prices);

Many, many currency sinks, but you're just not using them correctly. The market is high for some things because of the players who do nothing else in life but play this game. If you want to enjoy PoE, play the game not the market. Leave the market for those who've done everything else and have time left over to get that next 1% better stats at end-game.

"
Manator wrote:
You introduce more and more Lab bullshit (just looking from your video);

Lab "bullshit"? No lab additional lab anything in Atlas. There was more lab in leagues, hence uber lab, but not in Atlas. That is, unless you're talking about new mechanics in maps? If so, then what's wrong with more mechanics? Do you just want to mindlessly kill mobs from point a to point b in every single instance you enter?

"
Manator wrote:
Old and unused skills are forgotten;

Vast majority of skills have their place and purpose in either builds or as a utility skill. Of course some skills can become more powerful than others in specific builds, but that doesn't mean we have to drop those other skills. Skill diversity is what makes PoE interesting, let alone almost any ARPG.

"
Manator wrote:
Trading still relies on third party.

I'll grant you that: I'm displeased with the lack of work being done by GGG to take ownership of the trading tools. They leave this to a third party which 1.) I wouldn't trust to do this forever, and runs on non-GGG servers, 2.) does not have any sort of method of punishing violators of that system, and 3.) is still separate from the game.

"
Manator wrote:
Just looking forward to see performance improvements. If this fails then I see no reason to waste my time anymore.

So if you don't see performance improvements on your PC, you don't want to waste your time with PoE anymore? If that's all it takes, why haven't you left already?

This is my POV [Removed by Support]
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Aug 17, 2016, 4:55:24 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Typical video where there are views using view perspectives we never can play with

Agreed. It's just for the hype. GGG seems to enjoy the trick of freezing the gameplay, but have the effects still whirling around. They used this everywhere, and even more so in the Atlas trailer. However at least they had the Cthulhu-beard guy walking around while it was frozen for a new twist on that.

I'd like to see those camera views available in the client as well, but then we'd probably have people complain that it's an unfair advantages. Can't win either way.
"
Manator wrote:
This is my POV - [Removed by Support]

Nothing wrong with your own opinions and point of view. Some of your arguments are opinions, but others... when you claim your opinion as a fact, and make statements to reflect that, I'll call you on it every time.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Aug 17, 2016, 4:57:15 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Manator wrote:
This is my POV - [Removed by Support]

Nothing wrong with your own opinions and point of view. Some of your arguments are opinions, but others... when you claim your opinion as a fact, and make statements to reflect that, I'll call you on it every time.

Of course nothing wrong, except every time, when someone posts something different and opposite (and FACTS btw), some white knight steps in and teaches how to approach/play/think.
Have nice evening Sir.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Aug 17, 2016, 10:28:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info