What happened to Zenocidegenius?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
In his heart, beneath all the male ego stuff and the hothead carry ons, the outbursts and the rivalries I think zeno at his core was a guy with a big heart, a lot of love and an overall wish to get along with everyone and for the whole world to just be 1 big happy family without any drama or bullshit. There were moments when he failed to live up to that just as we all fail to be what we should be from time to time but when I judge someone I judge them by what is in their heart, not the mistake they made on this particular day or that. Ultimately zeno is a good bloke beneath it all, which is more than can be said for a lot of the hate mongering wastemen who populate reddit and these forums constantly looking for reasons to not like people. Zeno never went looking for hate, people brought it to his door and he reacted, sometimes in unfortunate ways, thats ultimately the difference.

That sounds like a funeral speech :S
"
Bars wrote:
@Moshe - addressing a few of your points:

1. GGG should listen to the top players:

There is a huge, enormous gap between the top players and the normal ones. The top players aren't the 1% as they are popularly called. They are a few highly visible guys who are the absolute tip of the iceberg. They are players with top-end theoretical and practical knowledge, experience and dedication who have optimized every action they perform to the point where they achieve as much in one hour as someone who's good enough to be in the top 1% would achieve in three or four. And they also play a lot. They play as much PoE every day as most people with a normal work and life schedule play in a week. The difference becomes exponential from the rest of the population - to the point where you can't really compare them. These people are the absolute exception. Balancing the game around their input, as well-meaning as it may be, wouldn't always be a great idea. Something they perceive as overly easy would be a nightmarish grind for most players. Of course GGG wouldn't listen exclusively to a small fraction of the population. They might sometimes have great ideas and insight about PoE, but for some things their viewpoint is extremely skewed.
I kinda disagree there. My actual view is slightly more complicated than this, but I'll summarize it as: a game developer should listen to everybody's feedback, and to nobody's suggestions. The top 0.1% is part of "everybody," and an important part, too; it's usually only a matter of time before the next 1.9% or so catch up.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I kinda disagree there. My actual view is slightly more complicated than this, but I'll summarize it as: a game developer should listen to everybody's feedback, and to nobody's suggestions. The top 0.1% is part of "everybody," and an important part, too; it's usually only a matter of time before the next 1.9% or so catch up.

I didn't say they aren't important. They are the best and most knowledgeable players in the world, of course their opinion matters. I just said GGG shouldn't always follow their word as if it's law. It's just that there's a trend in the PoE community to take anything said by some players as gospel and undisputable truth.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Well, of course that is silly. I trust players to accurately report whether they enjoy or do not enjoy content which they've played. When it comes to content they haven't played yet or methods to fix content they don't like, being a gamer conveys zero authority - that's designer work, not player work.

It is fun to play at being a game designer, though.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 27, 2016, 3:31:47 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It is fun to play at being a game designer, though.

That it certainly is.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Mobile fucked up
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 27, 2016, 9:47:28 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:

btw pushing stacy into cam mode despite her saying dude iam no camgirl so he gets more viewer (cause gurl) was the biggest scumbagmove he could do and he deserves every shit thats comng at him now...karma is a bitch

the rule of state of exile was that you use a cam, no one was allowed on without a cam, hege wouldnt cam... gone. When stacy agreed to go on state of exile she agreed to use a cam, that was a precondition of her being on the show, no one male or female was allowed on without the cam. Its not him pushing for girl views, it was a rule for everyone. The reason that went so badly for stacy was because the community has a vocal minority of c**ts who called her a fat cow and made fun of the way she knew so little about the game. These are the same hate baiting, vile little creatures that eventually just made zeno say "you know what, fuck it this isnt even worth the heartache of dealing with these people."

Youre just making shit up. The idea that Stacy was there to get state of exile more viewers is bullshit, state of exile was there to grow the featured streamers viewer bases, it worked the other way around. You are painting a completely false picture to suit your own agenda.

Saw it live podcast and prepodcast
He peer pressured her multiple times despite her being uncomfortable

No need to lie Rewatch it be my guest

Btw Chris has never a running cam...
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 27, 2016, 9:36:53 AM
Maybe this is OT, but I kinda wish the whole streaming thing would disappear. It's a double edged sword for game designers, one that ends up skewering the common gamer.

On one hand, you get free* promotion. On the other, people watch these damn things, and think the top-level gameplay should represent what they, the common gamer, will experience in the game.

Is that the case for most of you?

What ends up happening: waves of endless whiny feedback. Massive, unending waves. Cries that this or that is "unbalanced", because what they see as balance is just the snow at the tip of an iceberg.

Pohx cleared a Gorge in 20 seconds! Why can't I do that with my freeze pulser?

^ That's what we focus on now. What we get is "balance" designed for Pohx, and not the 99.99% of Antnees out there. This is fucked, and untenable. Ironically, by making gaming more accessible to watch, streaming drives gaming to be more inaccessible to play. The future of gaming seems to be more of a spectator sport, designed for the elite to participate in, and the rest of us slobbering masses to watch (in between games of Angry Birds).

/disjointed rant
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
^That holds true for delusional people who have no concept of their own worth.

Anybody with a sense of grounding doesn't face those issues, granted people like that seem far a wide spread nowadays.
Not entirely surprising given our current society model is based on lying and self-induced illusions.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Antnee wrote:
^ That's what we focus on now. What we get is "balance" designed for Pohx, and not the 99.99% of Antnees out there. This is fucked, and untenable. Ironically, by making gaming more accessible to watch, streaming drives gaming to be more inaccessible to play. The future of gaming seems to be more of a spectator sport, designed for the elite to participate in, and the rest of us slobbering masses to watch (in between games of Angry Birds).

And at the same time, games are becoming easier, not harder.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info