"Never pay-to-win" Dishonest Marketing by GGG?

You don't need to trade to play. You instantly "lose" as soon as you do, at least by my definition of the word. Hence, stash tabs are pay to lose.
players having only the standard amount of tabs need to get rid of their findings asap either by trading to other players or ingame npc's if it's not a improvement for the current char.

what doesn't sell to other players in 3 days get's offered cheaper in 3 steps then vendored (causing massive item price deflation).
currency they find get's upgraded to higher currency (exalts/fusings) because currency also needs alot of space.

that's usually letting them end up with more exalts/fusings than me who ends up with over 20 pages of junk which didn't sell and 30 pages of good stuff i kept for other chars.

because that is the main point: the only need to permanently store items away is to save them up for future builds. but that's not what ggg guarantees when they say "free to play", you can easily play one char through a temp league with 4 tabs.

being successful is just a matter of time and skill you are able to invest into the game, nothing more.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
being successful is just a matter of time and skill you are able to invest into the game, nothing more.

People never touch on "Play to Win". It certainly is. I will certainly never win a race against players that devoted their life to path of exile. I mean how else does people get to Level 100 if not by spending countless hours in this game? I will never beat them, and I never wish to...
"
deathflower wrote:
"
vio wrote:

People never touch on "Play to Win". It certainly is. I will certainly never win a race against players that devoted their life to path of exile. I mean how else does people get to Level 100 if not by spending countless hours in this game? I will never beat them, and I never wish to...

can't change that in general. except they implement more diminishing returns.

specifically it would be nice if they changed the worst "play to win" effects like getting nowhere successful in a temp league if you can't nolife the first 4 days after which devs fixed their exploitable oversights without setting players back who profited from them.

for example, players who got their challenge to get maps from bosses solved by doing piety runs should this challenge get set back if piety no longer works this way for other players.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Not linking regular stash tabs to the item index for the players who have not or have yet to purchase them is a huge disadvantage at obtaining wealth. I would say the selling of items through the upgraded tabs increases profit by 1000% and you also don't have to spend all day spamming trade chat. To continue to market this game as not pay to win is becoming more and more far fetched.

If they wish to have a non-p2w game, they need to link all players to the index instead of just the ones that p2w.
^only a 1000%?

Pfffs.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Why do I see the same people shilling for GGG in every thread that criticizes GGG?

I don't understand. Criticizing a game makes the game better for the consumer.

It's a shame.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Ventor wrote:
Why do I see the same people shilling for GGG in every thread that criticizes GGG?

It's a shame.
Except they arent shilling, its call micro management. I made plenty of currency for years on 4 tabs and i only bought tabs to store rare items like Alternate Arts and Legacy items.

Also, youre free to create and use as many mules are you like, just like any other free to play games that have significantly worse features with legitimate "pay to win" features.

If GGG truly felt the base wasnt manageable they would have changed it, but they havent because they know that it is. Most people who play casually will never need more than the base amount, after all you have 4 tabs, 10 characters which are an additional few tabs of storage, in addition to that you have the equipment slots.

Stash tabs are nothing more than a convenience for people who play the game alot to keep stuff they want to collect.

Edit - Edited that last part out lmao. I dont know why but i always get you and VOC mixed up when i post first thing in the morning. Statement would have been directed at VOC. But be the V's early in the morning throwing me off. I remember i almost did that on reddit before but caught myself before posting by double checking.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 14, 2016, 10:40:37 AM
"
Ventor wrote:

It's a shame.

Because only about 20 of us post on the forums.
"
Not linking regular stash tabs to the item index for the players who have not or have yet to purchase them is a huge disadvantage at obtaining wealth. I would say the selling of items through the upgraded tabs increases profit by 1000% and you also don't have to spend all day spamming trade chat. To continue to market this game as not pay to win is becoming more and more far fetched.

If they wish to have a non-p2w game, they need to link all players to the index instead of just the ones that p2w.
Every time I see somebody think that the two options are stash tabs or spamming trade chat I see somebody that either has no clue how to trade or is trying to make trading look worse than it really is.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info