"Never pay-to-win" Dishonest Marketing by GGG?

"
Namcap wrote:
This is pretty much how every single thread goes in the last months.

Random poster says something against/for GGG.
9 pages of the same frequent posters arguing about everything that derails until Sarah tells us to be civil.
OP never shows their face again and doesn't even have to explain the initial post.

Yeah I'll try and change the process.

"
Is it fair to say "Never Pay to Win" on the new Atlas of Worlds marketing: http://massivelyop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/AtlasofWorldsFactSheet.jpg

I think obviously the premium stash tabs do not confer just a cosmetic in game appearance. I think the premium stash tabs confer a tangible in game advantage in that it makes currency ultimately easier to obtain. I am not saying it is impossible to be successful in game without the premium tabs - but they certainly make the in game experience and acquisition of currency much easier.

I think the premium tabs are paying to get an in game in advantage - which I think is the common interpretation of "Pay to Win". I'm not saying if it is good or bad business by GGG - or judging GGG for charging for the premium stash tabs - or commenting on the price of the tabs - or judging those who do or do not have premium tabs - but is it not misleading to now advertise as "Never Pay to Win"?

So, OP, could you explain further? I've noticed a lot of people lately that like to say something is "obvious", then use that blanket statement as a bit of a smokescreen excuse to not actually give evidence that their position is true.

You say that tabs make acquiring currency easier, and that's the only evidence you give. I'd agree with that, but could you explain how much extra currency you think you'd get from having (X) tabs, and additionally how that extra currency lets you win at this game? By win, I mean reach 100 first in a 3 month league, come in first place in one of the Medallion races, or otherwise win a contest GGG run in which they ship a physical prize to your house.
Why do people have to take this so literally. Are stashtabs P2W? Undecidible. Are they ethical? By just about any standard of the word.
"
Ventor wrote:

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me with that link. If you're suggesting that the figures you linked is different from the numbers you quoted earlier. I think you're missing my point.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I think he's trying to show that D3 doesn't really have 30 million players (since that 30 million includes sales of RoS), so therefore PoE's number must be just as fabricated.

Edit: Incidentally, according to Blizzard's number there, I am 3 players. I bought 2 copies of the game and one copy of RoS.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 14, 2016, 12:55:40 PM
"
Ventor wrote:
things

Pretty easy to sell 30m copies,with D2 being the reason for the first 20m,and "we got new director that will fix the game with Reaper of souls" for then remaining 10.

Ventor,you are the delusional one,i don't care about how many people play PoE,there are things i don't like as well ,but all you are doing in your posts is to assume that a game is dead or will die because it doesn't match your criteria about what is good and what is bad.

What you are doing is seen in every game forum ever made,including Dota 2,LoL and WoW. Stop being so naive and realize that its impossible for ANY product to be good for everyone.

I got an idea,how about you give us some of your ideas for game improvement? Lets see how much will agree with you,so i can prove you once and for all,that you CANNOT please everyone.
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:
things

Pretty easy to sell 30m copies,with D2 being the reason for the first 20m,and "we got new director that will fix the game with Reaper of souls" for then remaining 10.

Ventor,you are the delusional one,i don't care about how many people play PoE,there are things i don't like as well ,but all you are doing in your posts is to assume that a game is dead or will die because it doesn't match your criteria about what is good and what is bad.

What you are doing is seen in every game forum ever made,including Dota 2,LoL and WoW. Stop being so naive and realize that its impossible for ANY product to be good for everyone.

I got an idea,how about you give us some of your ideas for game improvement? Lets see how much will agree with you,so i can prove you once and for all,that you CANNOT please everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/zqOs8yr.gifv
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
Last edited by Ventor on Aug 14, 2016, 1:00:47 PM
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:
things

Not like i expected different,but hey...at least there are people like you to keep me company while im bored :/
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:
things

Nice way to wrap things up :)
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:
things

can t sell shit anymore in std so game dead, make sense.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Well yea,D3 is pretty dead outside the first 1-2 weeks of a new season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info