What happens if the sextant adds 1 mod your build CANNOT DO?

Blood magic sextants to tease low life builds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
i guess you can just override your map with the use of another sextant, is it so unlikely?
Shit...

Sextants are like vaal orbs? Like you don't see the mod it adds until you've already added it to the map?

They are going to have to make this in line with the mods that roll on zana maps then. I don't they want to make people waste maps to simply get rid of a bad sextant.

You would think they have already thought of this.

However I believe sextants are tiered? So those red-tier sextants will be nasty...

"
galuf wrote:
OP Dude thinking about a very straightforward concept.

1) Oh boy I have to put a support ticket. Because GGG guys probably never though about game balance, but I have because I'm a boss.

2) Oh boy I have to tell everyone in the forum I did it because I'm a boss.

3) Oh boy... oh boy

Followed by several pages of garbage :). This thread easily made my night.

And you must be...GGG's garbage collector, right??? Good, while you are at it, can you also clean my 100 standard league temporary tabs? :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
Jankalor wrote:
I don't see the issue here.

If you're playing a build that is unable to run certain mods, don't use that Shaper's Orb on your maps.

Noone is forcing you to use it anyways and I am pretty sure that this Orb is supposed to be used by people who can run the strongest maps anyways and as such want to increase the potential reward (rarity / quantity) even further and/or are looking for a challenge.

........another one who confuses "sextants" with shaper orbs :P

Yeah, I may have confused the two new Orbs, my point still remains.

You're complaining about an issue that is in your own hands to fix.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
This is a serious concern I already mentioned on reddit.
The "Adds 1 additional map mod" can be really bad if it rolls a map mod you can't do.
And you can't even tell before entering the map.
The "solution" people suggested to burn 5 maps to get rid of it is bullshit.
No one will burn red maps.
The solution will be just not use sextants at all.
And for those that say, just make a build that can run all map mods!
Yeah, that's nonsense as well. 99% of builds have at least a couple of mods they can't run.
So what now? remove 99% of builds from the game?

And even of your build can run all map mods but some are very scary and you usually re-roll those.
Now you have to run then and risk dying or burn the map.
This doesn't look like good design to me.
Last edited by CoronaLVR on Aug 26, 2016, 6:39:46 AM
"
CoronaLVR wrote:

The sextant covers a specific radius. If you want to be safe, make sure there's some less desirable maps also in range. Should be doable for every map, at a cursory glance.

What mods have we seen from sextants? The only ones I can remember are 'boss drops a Unique', and 'one random Property' - neither will lock you out of five Maps guaranteed. Your build should be able to cover most of the common Map mods, the odds of one random property fucking you over five times in a row is existent, but infinitessimal. It's going to happen, but you'll be reading about it on a forum post.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
CoronaLVR wrote:

The sextant covers a specific radius. If you want to be safe, make sure there's some less desirable maps also in range. Should be doable for every map, at a cursory glance.

What mods have we seen from sextants? The only ones I can remember are 'boss drops a Unique', and 'one random Property' - neither will lock you out of five Maps guaranteed. Your build should be able to cover most of the common Map mods, the odds of one random property fucking you over five times in a row is existent, but infinitessimal. It's going to happen, but you'll be reading about it on a forum post.

True, but even entering one map and leaving immediately because it rolled reflect or something is not fun at all.
I mean, the added value of using a sextant is not worth the potential of throwing away maps.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
galuf wrote:
OP Dude thinking about a very straightforward concept.

1) Oh boy I have to put a support ticket. Because GGG guys probably never though about game balance, but I have because I'm a boss.

2) Oh boy I have to tell everyone in the forum I did it because I'm a boss.

3) Oh boy... oh boy

Followed by several pages of garbage :). This thread easily made my night.

And you must be...GGG's garbage collector, right??? Good, while you are at it, can you also clean my 100 standard league temporary tabs? :P

:) Why not, but you do my cleaning too then!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info