What happens if the sextant adds 1 mod your build CANNOT DO?

"
Have multiple characters or just run like, five "Dungeon" tier maps near by to burn off the 5 charges, and by run I mean enter and leave.

LOL, that's another thing! What counts as a "run" ? :P You open the map, so the map is consumed and then you run another? So, in this case you would have to waste 5 maps? :P

Damn silly and confusing presentations ..!!!

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
srt746 wrote:
GGG's intended "economy stimulant" solution to this:
Spoiler
Pay someone to run it for you.

:x

lol, that's what I was thinking :P

But you would have to pay 5 times :P

There are TONS OF BUILDS that cannot do certain mods.

For example RF builds can't do BM / Ele weakness etc, many builds can't do reflect maps, others can't do no regen maps.

RF CAN do BM and Elly Weakness. And Vulnerability.

What it can't do is NO regen...Unless you've gone for RF and something, like Firestorm. In which case you CAN, just slowly and annoyingly.

There's no saying that Sextant mods will be the same as regular map mods, or that they wull include all mods if they are.

There IS a valid point to..."If you aren't planning your builds to do all mods, stop making builds"

There are very few modifiers that literally prevent a quality build from functioning. RF can, if you do it right, run any mod at all, even no regen, as long as you aren't foolish enough to build a "Just RF" RF build. If you were foolish enough to make an RF build with no other damage source, then, you're kind of hosed....Put in a second damage source when you plan your build, so it doesn't suck.

- Sheepster
"
mark1030 wrote:
You think these maps don't expire like every other area in the game? Open and leave 5 maps and when they expire try again. Seems like you're trying to create a problem so you have something to complain about.

Can you even read??

I'm trying to PREVENT A PROBLEM from appearing! Who's complaining? :P

So far GGG's support replied "We can't reveal info on unreleased content yet, but we'll pass your concerns along to the appropriate team".

I wouldn't call that info "unreleased" though :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
That's why I will craft builds that can tackle all the mods. Even if I have to switch auras or gear to do so. It's part of the process for me.

Righteous Fire is the obviously outcast though. Can't really do much with that.
Seriously. If you get stuck with a mod you just cannot handle, then spend thirty portal scrolls to scrub the mod off. It's a hassle, and potentially a waste of more valuable mods, yes, but there's an option if you're just flat-out hard boned by whatever the game gives you.

Alternatively...have more than one area of the Atlas you can work in. If one area ends up hosed, work in the other one until you find a solution. Or, and I know I'm about to speak some sacrilege here...make a friend or two. Preferably ones who don't play your same Voidquake build. I know my brother and I are defo going to be coordinating builds at least a little bit in this thing, probably to deal with reflect. If he gets shit mods he can't do, I'll see if I can step in and clean them out for him. Same if I end up with shit mods I can't do.

Figure out a way around it. Kinda the same way we've all been figuring out ways around dodgy map mods for the whole course of the game so far.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
You think these maps don't expire like every other area in the game? Open and leave 5 maps and when they expire try again. Seems like you're trying to create a problem so you have something to complain about.

Can you even read??

So far GGG's support replied "We can't reveal info on unreleased content yet, but we'll pass your concerns along to the appropriate team".

Ok, you're pre-complaining. Why start worrying before they even release the content? You're being just like all the people who said <insert every new teaser mechanic> was going to break the game. I remember people complaining that daily missions going to be the downfall of the game. It doesn't do any good to speculate on something you think is going to be a problem before you have all the imformation.

If you think you're notifying GGG of a possible problem, don't you think somebody might have thought about how things would work in the 6 month development cycle?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 12, 2016, 8:48:29 PM
"
e1337donkey wrote:
That's why I will craft builds that can tackle all the mods. Even if I have to switch auras or gear to do so. It's part of the process for me.

Righteous Fire is the obviously outcast though. Can't really do much with that.

RF totems can do ALL MAP MODS though and super cheap.

The concern here is that we don't have enough info and that obviously...we can predict a ton of problems GGG cannot; that's why they're BETA-testing all major updates. As far as I know, 2.4 will have a beta in a week or so.

-Mythabril
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Can you even read??

Ok, you're pre-complaining. Why start worrying before they even release the content? You're being just like all the people who said <insert every new teaser mechanic> was going to break the game. I remember people complaining that daily missions going to be the downfall of the game. It doesn't do any good to speculate on something you think is going to be a problem before you have all the imformation.

If you think you're notifying GGG of a possible problem, don't you think somebody might have thought about how things would work in the 6 month development cycle?

Do you know how many bugs players find in betas? And how many times GGG didn't even see what they were doing as they're only humans? We have thousands of players vs a handful of game designers / programmers etc.

Don't interpret my words differently; if I wanted to complain, you'd understand it :P On the contrary, I'm very excited about some of the changes / additions!

-Mythabril
if they limit the mods it shouldnt be a problem. I never go into a zana map for example and find its bloodmagic and as a ci Im now fucked. They know theres some mods that are just unacceptable in a situation where you cant reroll the area, lets hope theyve stuck to the same sort of principal.

I guess part of it will be gaming the system, maybe you use the orb on a map near the one you want to play so its in the radius, but theres another map in the same radius on the other side thats a t1 map you hate and if need be you can burn 5 of those to get rid of it.

Bloodmagic should certainly not be in any random pool of mods you cant reroll though.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
if they limit the mods it shouldnt be a problem. I never go into a zana map for example and find its bloodmagic and as a ci Im now fucked. They know theres some mods that are just unacceptable in a situation where you cant reroll the area, lets hope theyve stuck to the same sort of principal.

I guess part of it will be gaming the system, maybe you use the orb on a map near the one you want to play so its in the radius, but theres another map in the same radius on the other side thats a t1 map you hate and if need be you can burn 5 of those to get rid of it.

Bloodmagic should certainly not be in any random pool of mods you cant reroll though.

Imagine that BM mod used to be a looot more common in the past till GGG made it a rare map mod when they realized it was breaking things :P

-Mythabril

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info