What happens if the sextant adds 1 mod your build CANNOT DO?

good catch bro. @GGG any thoughts/information on that?
"
good catch bro. @GGG any thoughts/information on that?

Their answer 2 weeks ago was : We can't reveal that info yet.

I e-mailed em again today, let's hope they will tell us :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Lol, still no answer to my SUPER HARD QUESTION :P

GGG's e-mail answer is:

"We can't reveal such information about game mechanics" lol.

Telling us if we can scour the sextants or not is definitely releasing top secret information.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 24, 2016, 11:00:15 PM
In regards to the original question of the thread:

The announcement for today ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714099 ) states:

"Each mod applies five times and a use is consumed when you create a map of a type affected by the mod."

So to answer the question, you just need to open five of those maps; don't even have to go into them if you don't want to.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
In regards to the original question of the thread:

The announcement for today ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714099 ) states:

"Each mod applies five times and a use is consumed when you create a map of a type affected by the mod."

So to answer the question, you just need to open five of those maps; don't even have to go into them if you don't want to.

That is super lame. You will waste 5 high tier maps for nothing? :)
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 24, 2016, 11:14:31 PM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
That is super lame. You will waste 5 high tier maps for nothing? :)

Well, it effects all maps in the radius, so theoretically you could sacrifice five crappy maps to clear it. That doesn't make this system okay, but at least there's some kind of option. Also, since it's account-wide, if you have another character you could switch over and deal with it. Again, not that great, but at least it's something.
This is a buff™
Scour or riot ;)
Last edited by BKJohnsen on Aug 11, 2020, 9:04:24 AM
Most likely that a sextant charge will be used on map creation, so using 5 maps could be the scouring option.
But that isn't exactly a cheap option for high tier maps.
Reminds me about the Abyssal Tempest that ate high tier maps for breakfast

I had "decent" chaosres (+15%) and even white T5 map was very suicidal to even try.
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Aug 25, 2016, 6:17:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info