48 Hour Solo Flashback Event Delayed by Three Hours

"
Seibar wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Dannefast wrote:
Are you actually fucking serious? You understand that people adjust their scheduele around these races right? When are you gonna learn to actually plan things GGG. So dissappointed.

They made a mistake in scheduling. While it sucks for those who race, a little forgiveness goes a long way.

Regardless, I've learned not to schedule my free time according to any game. Downtime, updates, and other issues always have the potential to completely destroy even the best of plans.
He has a point, I work 11-8 I knew for the last 2 months this race was 4pm and I needed to take a half day off of work, in order to to that I had to work an extra hour each day this week. I find out now (Thurs?) that it was all for nothing, as now its pushed later.

I'd rather this then 3 hours -earlier- but either way its poor planning to change the most hyped race of the league. And not to be rude, but during season racing I plan my free-time, flex time, and social time around races. Now sunday I can't go out for dinner as this race goes til 7pm, and then the other races of course got pushed forward too.

Love racing, but stick to time schedule. Either release patch notes 3 hours early, or just release them and who cares if people don't read them, not everyone races. Especially not new people your trying to attract with press releases. If a noob joins an 8 mod Flashback race they'll probably never return.

You do realise that the patch is out 9am NZT on a saturday? That means that the developers have to be in the office for that time... to bring it forward 3 hours that would require the developers to be at work at 6am on a weekend...
"
Bekari wrote:
yah fuck EU more right GGG?

POE doesn't revolve around eu players, GGG does what is best for their game and their players equally, yeah maybe it is bad for some players but for others it isn't.
With such a large player base they can't please everyone at the same time, just be thankful they are even offering this race, patience and understanding is a virtue.
MEME GODDESS
looking forward to new supporter packs. hopefully taken my idea for supporter designed MTX like u took my idea for Ebony Armor set and just changed name to Gloom:)
░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
"
Dannefast wrote:
Are you actually fucking serious? You understand that people adjust their scheduele around these races right? When are you gonna learn to actually plan things GGG. So dissappointed.

are u kidding right now. plan around races? GO OUTSIDE MORE PLEASE. I think ur grandma needs her patch of grass cut in front of the motor home
░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
"
Snapfire wrote:
Hey bro! This obviously isn't a thing for you, but for a racer that (...)

What, understanding scheduling conflicts, that sh*t happens, and life in general "isn't a thing" for me? Get real.

"
Snapfire wrote:
I actually am trying for the 1k prize, and took time off work for this event.

Your mistake, not theirs. This is why I don't plan my life around a game. I plan my gaming around my life. I understand it sucks, messes with your plans, etc., but so does just about everything else in life. I'd hate to see the ragefest if they had to delay the race for days.

"
Snapfire wrote:
Now I have to scramble to fix this change.

...for 3 hours difference? -_-

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 12, 2016, 4:05:50 PM
"
Seibar wrote:
And not to be rude, but during season racing I plan my free-time, flex time, and social time around races. Now sunday I can't go out for dinner as this race goes til 7pm, and then the other races of course got pushed forward too.

Please release the patch already, it's less than 3 hour now before the race start. Not everyone is having fast connection.
I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
"
Czarevna wrote:
GGG:

I think it would be a good idea (for the health, safety and well-being of your players) to make only half of the 48 hours count for the race.

12 hours of consecutive play count, 12 hours don't count - (do this twice.)

Means:
-Players of different time zones can easily participate. (Start when they want.)
-Players could get some sleep without fearing rest "makes them lose."

Players die at tournaments by taking drugs to stay awake that long, and you know some will try that.

Please think of health and safety.

+1 for health and safety!
Last edited by Tereng on Aug 12, 2016, 4:47:01 PM
with a new patch there will be new bugs ...
is it not better to do patches at the beggining of a week not at the end ?
so devs would have some free time during weekend?
good luck racers!
PS: Please die a lot! thanks :P
"
with a new patch there will be new bugs ...
is it not better to do patches at the beggining of a week not at the end ?
so devs would have some free time during weekend?

Yeah, I'd agree in general. But perhaps GGG knows their preferred time better than we do. ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info