An Update From the Press Tour!

"
Jarnhand wrote:
So to have the same 2 people play at the same ladder is pointless for the self-found player, if he wants to have any impact on the ladder.

exactly!!
i'm playing only with white items because making them magic or rare or even unique would feel like cheating the game to me!!

can i have my own league and ladder?

----

on a more serious note: the idea has it's merits ...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Now I get it. Those mysterious round grey things are similar to Amiibos, the censored thing in the picture is the mat you'll need to connect to your computer to use them. One Amiibo is one new world in PoE, you'll get a random one ;) with each supporter pack.
Last edited by xpldngmn on Aug 11, 2016, 10:46:58 AM
Chris is looking more and more like the templar. Don't you guys think? Just hope he's wearing pants or kuduku bless our souls.. Haha :P
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Nice beard Chris !
Beta member since 0.9.8
"
one question; where is the scotch?

Bigger question, where is their mice? I cant stand not having a mouse.
Life will be technically better Soon TM
No Bex no ;_;

Edit out the apostrophe!!! Atlas of Worlds, not World's D: D: D:

"
Jarnhand wrote:
Then we are kinda playing 2 different games. I started very late, just started playing PoE again, just a couple weeks ago. I got 1 char 50+ and 1 char 40+, and so far I have found only 21 uniques, and of those only about 5 have been useful for the 2 chars combined (and its sucks to find level 5-15 items at level 50+).

roflmao

50+? 40+? So you've been playing for like 6 hours on one and 5 hours on the other? And you think you have representative data?

I've self-found 5xreach of the council, 1xshav's, 1xcospri's, and several drillnecks and maligaro's virtuosity, just this league. And over 10 tabulas. You have to actually play the game to find good shit, though. Maybe build an MF character if you want a lot of value more reliably, but even that shouldn't be necessary (I have a grand total of 1 item with +rarity that I'm wearing, and no quantity uniques).

Of course, I had to trade to get top-tier corruptions on high roll versions of some of these uniques:

But as for finding the uniques in the first place? Play the game.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 11, 2016, 12:01:38 PM
"
No Bex no ;_;

She's saying Atlas of World's (possessive) announcement. It's correct.

Edit: Actually I guess it should be Atlas of Worlds's.
IGN = Tetti
Last edited by Tetti on Aug 11, 2016, 12:00:14 PM
"
Tetti wrote:
"
No Bex no ;_;

She's saying Atlas of World's (possessive) announcement. It's correct.

Edit: Actually I guess it should be Atlas of Worlds's.

No, it would just be Atlas of Worlds'. Learn English. Plural possessive. But even that is only if that was grammatically correct in this sentence, which it is not. The possessive is already handled by "our".

"The GGG team is currently working really hard to get ready for our full non-possessive noun goes here announcement on Saturday (NZT)." "Our" connects directly to "announcement".

If you wanted to use the plural possessive of the title, it would be "The GGG team is currently working really hard to get ready for Atlas of Worlds' announcement on Saturday (NZT)." Then the announcement belongs to the expansion rather than to GGG.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 11, 2016, 12:05:18 PM
ooooooooooooo
"
Jarnhand wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:

To the players saying the droprate for solo self found is too low, because it has been lowered to trade are wrong. I've found nearly every unique item in the game already, and often at times I do not even play that much. Often I only go for the mtx challenges.

Then we are kinda playing 2 different games. I started very late, just started playing PoE again, just a couple weeks ago. I got 1 char 50+ and 1 char 40+, and so far I have found only 21 uniques, and of those only about 5 have been useful for the 2 chars combined (and its sucks to find level 5-15 items at level 50+).

Compare that to someone trading, and they would have been decked out in most slots with uniques, if they wanted to.

So to have the same 2 people play at the same ladder is pointless for the self-found player, if he wants to have any impact on the ladder (outside of someone playing close to 24/7).

I know well how PoE is at this point, and I do not expect GGG at all to change it, since they obviously love trading, but I and others like me can express our wishes and hopes for the game.

And to have 1 more league running in parallel would cost GGG very little, the only thing is that there also would be a need for two more permanent self-found leagues (standard and hardcore).

The only reason I see for 'pro traders' to be against this, is that then they would not be able to pick OP FOTM builds each and every league and have a guaranteed spot at the top of the one and only ladder. More top places on the 'self-found' ladder (outside of the 24/7 people) would actually be taken by people that were lucky with their drops, and know how to use them the best.

Right now who comes on the top of the ladder mostly consists of 2 things: the most OP FOTM builds, and by people grinding 24/7 for currency for trading for the needed uniques for said OP build. Skill, is further down on the list. But sadly this can be said by many online games these days; grinding 24/7 trumps all, and skill and especially genuinity is far down the list.

The only thing that are still keeping PoE alive, is that there is no ingame auction house. Auction house mechanics and thereby ultra low drop rates of gear (that were at the same time ultra cheap on the auction house), killed vanilla Diablo 3, it made the game POINTLESS to play. Why grind for anything, when you could buy it cheap on the auction house? And the whole point of these games are finding good loot, so Blizzard killed their own game. But they did the unthinkable in gaming industry; a 180 turn and got their players back by removing auction house and binding drops to who were in group when it droped (and at the same time, in one big swoop kill off 'gold sellers').

So you are asking why do I not play D3 then? Well, I got tired of it. Its raining legendaries, and there is very little build diversity, its all about the new FOTM armor set build for each and every season.

So you are saying that I am contradicting myself? Not really, I want PoE skill/build diversity combined with self/group found/bound loot with a reasonable drop rate of uniques, more then today, but far lower then Diablo 3.

To find a unique should be a big thing, not just look at it as currency in a trade!

Make PoE uniques great again! (TM)

You are making some assumptions. You seem to think only unique's count in this game, and that there are only a few OP builds... both of those assumptions are wrong, you can make any build overpowered with enough time/gear investment and unique's often do not trumph good rares(Yes, some uniques or their abilities do). Also, the game doesn't really start until you are 80+. Rares are most of the time better to level with, except for some rare cases.

At first I used to be against an auction house, but right now I think it wouldn't even matter in a game like this. There are so many builds, types of gear, and different stats, that everything in-game is wanted by some build. When you save rares that seem "ok" for certain builds/characters, eventually it gets easy to self found new characters. I do this every league, and my second character is always self found with very good gear. What is also better in poe, is that there are orbs, meaning an auction house wouldn't be based on one inflating currency. And currency in path of exile cannot inflate too much, as the merchant sells most orbs.

Also, the droprates in this game aren't low, I often find upgrades for myself when I already have quite good gear. Also the amount of unique's and good unique's that drop is ok(not too high, not too low in my opinion). Yes, I've also had days of badluck, just keep going.

Thing is, what you want does not exist, case and point to diablo 3. In dlablo 3 they tried to make a solo self found league(everyone), and now it rains unique's/sets there, and most players left the game. If GGG would make a solo self-found league, people will only keep complaining about the droprate until it rains unique's. So not only would you then only be farming to farm more due to items being worth nothing unless it's an upgrade(pointless), you will also be splitting the playerbase, and you will have to forever increase the droprate because a certain percentage of players would have badluck with drops. Not to mention, the players who will have badluck with drops then, will just drop that league within a few days. I can already hear the complaints: "My friend dropped x unique and now does t8 maps alone. I want to play with him, but I cannot find a good item."

Diablo 3 tried to fix the auction house mistake(should have only removed the real money AH), but made an even bigger one with forced bound items. Ofcourse both of those issues are highlighted by the stupid gear system(no skill system) they have, only main stat, vit and some other crap that's mostly useless(not even going to mention 1000% damage sets hahaha).
Path of exile fixed those issues by using orbs with fixed values because of the merchants, allowing trading, having many different gear slots with many many different stats, and with an ok droprate(which can sustan both self found as well as traders). The droprate combined with crafting easily sustains any gear need a build can have without trading, unless you are looking to make a build based on certain very high end unique special. Yes, then you need to farm ALOT, but that is already the case(both trading and non-trading).

PS: I would never ask a player why they don't play D3, I've played it... the only thing I'd ask is, don't you feel bad you didn't go to PoE sooner? :P
Really wish I could get my money back from buying that.

Edit: I found all those upgrades and unique's without item quantity/rarity. So I can only image the droprates when using those.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Aug 11, 2016, 12:27:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info