An Update From the Press Tour!

"
Jarnhand wrote:
"
No Bex no ;_;

Edit out the apostrophe!!! Atlas of Worlds, not World's D: D: D:

"
Jarnhand wrote:
Then we are kinda playing 2 different games. I started very late, just started playing PoE again, just a couple weeks ago. I got 1 char 50+ and 1 char 40+, and so far I have found only 21 uniques, and of those only about 5 have been useful for the 2 chars combined (and its sucks to find level 5-15 items at level 50+).

roflmao

50+? 40+? So you've been playing for like 6 hours on one and 5 hours on the other? And you think you have representative data?

I've self-found 5xreach of the council, 1xshav's, 1xcospri's, and several drillnecks and maligaro's virtuosity, just this league. And over 10 tabulas. You have to actually play the game to find good shit, though. Maybe build an MF character if you want a lot of value more reliably, but even that shouldn't be necessary (I have a grand total of 1 item with +rarity that I'm wearing, and no quantity uniques).

Of course, I had to trade to get top-tier corruptions on high roll versions of some of these uniques:

But as for finding the uniques in the first place? Play the game.

No Mister Elitist, I did not get to level 50+ in 6 hours, neither 40+ in 5 hours. Just got to Cruel on the 47 char, done all quests and cleared all areas, I do not rush the game like it is a race.

Good on you its raining uniques in your games, sure aint in my games the times I have played this game in 2013, 2015 and now in 2016. Neither done so for my friend that plays with me normally. Most uniques we have gotten are low level useless items, really depressing to get level 5-25 items at level 40+.

I actually have a life outside the game, I cannot play 10+ hours a day. And just got back to PoE about 2 weeks ago...or less.

Kthnxbyecomeagain

The game isn't all about unique's. Unique's in this game work like they did in diablo2, not like they do on diablo3(thank god!). Which is a huge difference. Nor do we want it to rain unique's.

Every item in this game counts! Play with other items as well, use alchemies on whites you want to become good, roll magic items to good props and regal them, all of those can easily beat unique's which weren't meant for your build. Unique's in this game mostly allow or enhance builds.

Anyways, even though we think totally different, I do hope you are enjoying your time in path of exile, and will stay with us. :)
"
sarannah101 wrote:

The game isn't all about unique's. Unique's in this game work like they did in diablo2, not like they do on diablo3(thank god!). Which is a huge difference. Nor do we want it to rain unique's.

Every item in this game counts! Play with other items as well, use alchemies on whites you want to become good, roll magic items to good props and regal them, all of those can easily beat unique's which weren't meant for your build. Unique's in this game mostly allow or enhance builds.

Anyways, even though we think totally different, I do hope you are enjoying your time in path of exile, and will stay with us. :)

Thanks for the 'welcome' :)

I started to play first time back in 2013. Got tired, took a break, and got back in 2015. Played again for a while, and took a break. Now I am back again, and I hope I stay longer this time. I am not very 'one game focused' when it comes to gaming, I have a few I swap between. I really hope the news tomorrow are exciting! Also hope for a good support pack. I missunderstood the mystery box free box offer, so I missed the free box, had the impression it would last until today, but sadly was only last week. So when I got the support pack yesterday, and did some shopping, I sadly got no free box :(

The items on my current 2 chars are kinda badish. I need to do some crafting, but at level 40s it feels kinda wasted when I do not have more currency that I got (got extremely few link drops this league, only played about 2 weeks). I have had a hard time getting enough good linked items so far, so my build is far from optimal, a few skills unlinked/partially linked. In a few levels I need to make me some good linked ones, if I am not able to get droped ones. So its kinda depressing to have uniques drop, just to find out they are hardly socketed, and they are low level.

The upside this league is that my 2 current builds (partly self made) have been far better then my earlier runs, far less deaths. Yes I play mainly softcore, do not have the time to have my chars killed, that would just lead to me stop playing again. I am currently just in a 'dead' guild, so for me it takes time to get a new char leveled, and I do not get items handed down to me.

In this genre I have played all Diablo games, Torchlight 1 or 2, Grim Dawn + ?. GD is really good game, but the offline single player with no cheat prevention kinda ruined it in the long run for my part. Takes away the sense of achievement for my part, knowing someone can just cheat and have it all. If GD had had same online aspects as PoE, it would have been a very good competitor.
Last edited by Jarnhand on Aug 12, 2016, 7:12:41 AM
so what kind of laptops and mac's can play poe on a wifi thats gotta be good or maybe myine is just not fine tuned adjusted for poe wish i knew
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbubbajukes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info