Thought regarding 6 linking

A sixlink so much easier to get nowadays and people still complain about it even if they need it less than ever. You don't like to gamble? Buy one, they are usually sold at around 2/3 of the cost of the Vorici recipe + cost of the 6-socketed base. Or buy an even cheaper corrupted one. Or a white base from ome of the divination cards. So many options...
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 28, 2016, 4:13:14 AM
buying 6L is really these days.

I failed to 6L anything myself so far after spending 1000-2000 fus over the last few leagues, but that's fine.

In PSC, i used 1500 fus for my shav. Took me 1 month to collect those and I was happy to not try my rng (i could have maybe 6L with only 300 fus and saved up 1200, who knows?)

"
Bars wrote:
A sixlink so much easier to get nowadays and people still complain about it even if they need it less than ever. You don't like to gamble? Buy one, they are usually sold at around 2/3 of the cost of the Vorici recipe + cost of the 6-socketed base. Or buy an even cheaper corrupted one. Or a white base from ome of the divination cards. So many options...

As long as "it's there", people will want it. People will feel they need it. And no matter where GGG draws the line, a lot of people will never get it - hence the complaints. We see the same everywhere: 6L, XP gain, Masters etc. The line has to be drawn somewhere, and it will always be players on both side of the line complaining.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
damianus666 wrote:
Hi all,

I was thinking the other day, trying to unsuccessfully link my Coil again, having spent 100s of fusings on an item I really want my charachter to wear, why GGG has taken this design decison. I think it's wrong to deny the players from thier favourite item, simply by means of RNG.

While I do think to some degree, it's necessary to keep randomness in the process of linking the item, so that only the most dedicated players, actually link these gg items, keeping them rare and exclusive, has clear advantages.

However, my idea, that would not break the concept, is that GGG add an internal counter on every item, so that after a certain noumber of fusing used ( 100 would be ideal ), your odds start gradually improving. So that after 500 you would almost be gruaranteed a 6 link.

I really think this concept would not break the game, and would greatly reduce player frustration.

idk, I'm sure this idea came up frequently, let me know what you guys think.

Your idea is vorici. You just can't accept that number is 1500.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Actual system is good enough, 1500 fusing is a good goal to aim for and usually while grinding that you make enough currency to speed up the process or buy the 6L item directly.
"
BndrIPL wrote:
Other than that I can't explain the richness of everybody.

Some people play PoE all... the... time.

Others play the economy, but still play way more than a casual.

It's not hard to get rich in PoE, even in a month's time. It just takes understanding of the market and more focused/informed grinding. It really depends on what you want out of PoE. You play PoE for what's fun to you.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Before Vorici was available, 6L was a lottery. Using orbs of fusing can feel really bad with no guarantee, I agree. Before 1.2, there was a lot of talk on the forums about wishing for a deterministic method of getting a 6L (back then, my favorite idea was a vendor recipe of vendoring something like 1.5k fusings with the item to get it 6Led). Vorici is now that option. The estimated cost of a 6L in random fusing is around 1.2k-1.4k depending on who you ask (I don't think anything concrete other than "less than Vorici costs" has been stated), but there's no guarantee. For a few hundred more fusings max (1.5k), you can guarantee a 6L. The ability to ignore the RNG of crafting a 6L has been there since 1.2 Forsaken Masters.

Personally, I'd rather try my luck. I'm averaging just under 1.5k fusings to 6L so it saves me currency in the long run, but my first 6L (Belly of the Beast, still wearing it on WruntTheArcher) took me 2073 fusings.

That said, a 6L is a chase goal...and there is a way to get around that chase goal:

For less fusings than it would likely take to 5L your armor, you can see for yourself why 6L items are so powerful as to be an end-game goal - powerful enough that a 6L with no stats can easily carry through yellow-tier maps.

The request you're making is for something that's been in the game for nearly 2 years. The only costs are that the fusing cost is a bit expensive and you have to have a level 7 Vorici (probably the hardest part, Vorici missions are annoying if you are an AoE build).
"
BndrIPL wrote:

You can make roughly an exalt an hour just speedfarming maps with IIQ/IIR and doing only the unidentified chaos recipe. Without a single sellable item drop.

What's baffling to me is how there are players who play for years and can't farm up currency worth a damn.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 28, 2016, 11:24:21 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
BndrIPL wrote:

You can make roughly an exalt an hour just speedfarming maps with IIQ/IIR and doing only the unidentified chaos recipe. Without a single sellable item drop.

What's baffling to me is how there are players who play for years and can't farm up currency worth a damn.

You get 80c per hour from the recipe? That's impressive. I think I found 6 rings in the last 4 days. Sitting on more amulets than I know what to do with for the last month. I would like to buy your RNG.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
BndrIPL wrote:

You get 80c per hour from the recipe? That's impressive. I think I found 6 rings in the last 4 days. Sitting on more amulets than I know what to do with for the last month. I would like to buy your RNG.

Shitload of 6sockets, other currency orbs and the chaos recipe.

I don't even use any MF gear, oh wait, I do use this, but only for the stats not the IIQ.

I run trough maps, pick up jewelry, slam them into a stash tab, then collect the rest for the recipe into a different tab when I feel like I want to start vendoring them, made at least 500 chaos from the recipe this league, but probably even more.

For me the secret is not giving a damn about looking for a specific item, and fot he 6 ring that you found, did you clear 2 maps in the past 4 days? Because then it looks to be realistic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info