Thought regarding 6 linking

I like to approach 6L woes at least one of two ways in future characters...

Option 1
Save your fusings. Only use them to 5L your chest (and weapon if you use a 2-hand one). Or better yet, use other orbs to craft a base type 5L that you buy or that drops. Obviously your primary source of damage should use the 5L, so just don't slot the one gem that provides the least amount of DPS gain. Put that in your secondary weapon/shield/arrows to keep leveling at a similar rate to your other gems.

Option 2
Or just be happy with no stats on a Tabula Rasa while leveling. Vaal it to see if you get lucky with a +1 to all gems. I did this with mine and got lucky, so my 6L and +1 more than makes up for lack of stats until I'd start running maps.

Then...

Once you feel you have an end-game chest or 2-hand weapon, either do the recipe or chance the fusings. Aim for only ever 6-linking gear for level 90-something and again for level 100, if you ever plan on going that far with your current character.

I'm sure other players have been doing a mixture of those options for a long, long time in PoE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jul 29, 2016, 9:45:21 AM
[...]
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jul 29, 2016, 3:29:08 PM
"
Just to add to the coin flip point. In 6th grade we all flipped a quarter 100 times and tallied our results. I got tails all 100 times. Few years later we did the same thing for a different class, had very little to do with probability so I forget why. I got heads every single time. AP stats we did the same thing yet again years later. 50/50 split. Not streaky luck. Just probability. And like said above, no the "streak" had no influence on the outcome.

That's one of the most forced, absurd, and obtuse attempts at making a point I've ever seen. I've tried to puzzle through it a few times and still have no clue what you're trying to say. You may want to try honestly expressing your ideas in a straight-forward manner instead.
"
Jennik wrote:
"
Just to add to the coin flip point. In 6th grade we all flipped a quarter 100 times and tallied our results. I got tails all 100 times. Few years later we did the same thing for a different class, had very little to do with probability so I forget why. I got heads every single time. AP stats we did the same thing yet again years later. 50/50 split. Not streaky luck. Just probability. And like said above, no the "streak" had no influence on the outcome.

That's one of the most forced, absurd, and obtuse attempts at making a point I've ever seen. I've tried to puzzle through it a few times and still have no clue what you're trying to say. You may want to try honestly expressing your ideas in a straight-forward manner instead.

I don't really see reinforcing a point with anecdotal evidence as attempting to make a point, myself. It seems like they are just supporting what you and I have said about random being random.

Either way, I think further arguing that random is random and not luck is beating a dead horse without further response from people who think luck is a stat for/in PoE.
"
Wruntjunior wrote:
I don't really see reinforcing a point with anecdotal evidence as attempting to make a point, myself.

Please don't tell me you honestly believe that what he said happened is "anecdotal evidence." He clearly made up some truly ridiculous examples in order to prove some kind of point. If he'd given honest examples of coin flip results and listed conclusions drawn from those, I may have been able to discern what point he was trying to make. Instead, he felt the need to make up some absurd results.

1) Why did he use those made up results?
2) Why did he say those fabricated results were "not streaky luck" and were "just probability?" Obviously those blatantly false results are not probability, since they have no relation to randomness.

He's clearly trying to make a point. I just have no idea what that point is due to the way in which he attempted to make it.
Last edited by Jennik on Jul 29, 2016, 1:37:15 PM
the problem with voric is those basic 4 stash tab users. No way they can get 1500 fus+750jew and still get place to keep other items.

Would be nice if GGG give 1 extra tab.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Jennik wrote:
Please don't tell me you honestly believe that what he said happened is "anecdotal evidence." He clearly made up some truly ridiculous examples in order to prove some kind of point. If he'd given honest examples of coin flip results and listed conclusions drawn from those, I may have been able to discern what point he was trying to make. Instead, he felt the need to make up some absurd results.

1) Why did he use those made up results?
2) Why did he say those fabricated results were "not streaky luck" and were "just probability?" Obviously those blatantly false results are not probability, since they have no relation to randomness.

He's clearly trying to make a point. I just have no idea what that point is due to the way in which he attempted to make it.

I make no claims to the veracity of the statements of another person, and I have no desire to ever do so in an online forum. Anecdotal does not mean true.

"(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research."

This is why anecdotal evidence is not a proof, it can only support.

The statements as they are, without ascertaining whether or not they are true or reliable, made for that point. As to how useful the anecdotal evidence is, that's not a matter I was addressing at all, because the answer with anecdotal evidence is always "not very". If they are fabricated (the values indicate likelihood that they were, of course), it does not really change the affect that the anecdotal evidence has on the claim: it paints a narrative to explain, but it in no way, shape, or form can actually prove or disprove the claim. There is little difference between that illustration in result and me explaining that alternating tails and heads every time is just as unlikely as getting heads every time.

"
Head_Less wrote:
the problem with voric is those basic 4 stash tab users. No way they can get 1500 fus+750jew and still get place to keep other items.

Would be nice if GGG give 1 extra tab.

It's a cost of having a 6L, which is completely optional. You 100% have the choice to just go with the much more space-friendly 6S5L and still be able to do almost anything in the game content-wise.

Prior to the currency tab, it was still space-expensive even WITH stash tabs.
Last edited by Wruntjunior on Jul 29, 2016, 2:09:40 PM
"
I make no claims to the veracity of the statements of another person, and I have no desire to ever do so in an online forum.

Are you for real here? The guy used numbers so obviously fake that there's no chance he intended for us to believe they were real. 100 consecutive tails followed by 100 consecutive heads followed by a 50/50 split, and you "make no claims to the veracity of the statements of another person?" Seriously, nobody's as dense as you're pretending to be here.

I'm not even responding to the rest of that gibberish. Please realize that when you make a ridiculous statement and get called on it, doubling down by making even more ridiculous statements does not make you look any better.
"
Jennik wrote:
"
I make no claims to the veracity of the statements of another person, and I have no desire to ever do so in an online forum.

Are you for real here? The guy used numbers so obviously fake that there's no chance he intended for us to believe they were real. 100 consecutive tails followed by 100 consecutive heads followed by a 50/50 split, and you "make no claims to the veracity of the statements of another person?" Seriously, nobody's as dense as you're pretending to be here.

I'm not even responding to the rest of that gibberish. Please realize that when you make a ridiculous statement and get called on it, doubling down by making even more ridiculous statements does not make you look any better.

You caught me. I like making up random shit to try to sound impressive online to people I will never meet in real life. It isn't like that was an interesting little factoid from my childhood that I just thought I would share because it was relevant to the topic or anything.

Somebody woke up grouchy today I guess and now I am too because they have to take a personal jab at a fun little story I had experienced.

Happening to get very unlikely coin flip outcomes is totally a high point in my life that I should pick the most unlikely outcome to seem like a cool person to a fucking stranger even if it wasn't true! I felt so fucking accomplished until you.. You called me out on my bullshit. Good for you!

"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Jennik wrote:

lol wut?

Actually read what I said. You may learn something. Hint: apparently you don't know what anecdotal means.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info