Tell me about your noob stories.

First time I was playing. I created my first character on Hardcore, went to level 41 with him. After all this time, I didn't know that you need a link between a support gem and a gem. My support gems weren't doing anything. I don't even know how it was possible for me to get to level 41 without any gem being supported by anything.
Back in 2011, I never realized until lvl 40+ that the increased phys damage on weapon was for that weapon and not for me.. so i spent my 3ex self found at lvl 42 oto buy "the supreme truth" because i was sure the "(80 to 100)% increased Physical Damage" would double my dps...
Also it looked pretty cool for me.. +1 to gem, +exp gain..
Last edited by sniplol on Aug 1, 2016, 6:05:03 AM
bad newb experiences:

-Bought something from trade channel before knowing poetrade/acquisition etc existed and obviously overpaid. I wonder how many new people get scammed daily from that and maybe quit.

-Played awhile without knowing about the difference between more/less/increased and 'double dipping', local and global crit and a few other things. In my defense I was just trying to learn the game pure solo and without wiki (trying to play spoiler free and without minmaxing) and using tooltip dps as guidance regarding upgrades.

-Also used to think the links for my bow attack had to be in the bow and couldnt be in my hat or some other place.

-Didnt know that chromatics rolled certain colors easier or more difficult depending on the base+stat reqs.

and there is probably 20 more things I could list here that I learned the hard way trying to play a game without the wiki or reading the forums.
Its a bit odd how much information about the game is hidden away and not explained by this game that could make the new player experience better and help player retention. It seems these days game devs expect you to read an entire wiki site about their game to understand its mechanics and get maximum enjoyment out of it.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Aug 1, 2016, 6:36:37 AM
Playing this game self-found without an op meta build.

Oh wait.

That's still me.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Aug 1, 2016, 10:13:38 AM

Speaks for itself
"
MrokPandy wrote:

Speaks for itself

LOL. Took me a while to work it out.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Started PoE as noob player, had a mirror of kalendra drop early and I used it to mirror a vendor trash rare weapon to "see what it did". Months later and finally getting to know a bit more about how PoE works, I had to laugh!
Exchanged voll devotion for consuming dark (still hope it will rise in price someday))))

Gave ToH flask to friend ("Y'knaw I don't feel like using all those cranky flasks")
Found Carnage Heart in HC with my first build and used it. Moar leech is always good, right?

offtop:
"
pinksagee wrote:
After all this time, I didn't know that you need a link between a support gem and a gem. My support gems weren't doing anything. I don't even know how it was possible for me to get to level 41 without any gem being supported by anything.
Well just yesterday I helped a player to run normal lab with my support Guardian. He was about level 40 Mara and was doing ok with ice crash. After the end, when he killed Izaro (yes he, my dps was like zero, I was just soaking scratches) he asked me some questions. It turned out he didn't know about links too. Seems like its perfectly possible to complete acts 1-3 with 1-link nowadays.
"
rade0n wrote:
used a vaal orb on my 4l chest - instant poe delete.. that was ~ 2011 thank god poe got my attention last year again
You sure it was 2011? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sacrifice_of_the_Vaal
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
every league I spend more currency in jewellers/fusings/chromes to 4S/L boots/gloves/helm than it would be to just buy better gear that is already perfect. :\
Last edited by ClickHitBoom on Aug 2, 2016, 11:38:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info