Tell me about your noob stories.

Wow, these are some good ones people have...thanks all for making feel a lot better about trashing that Shav's, lol.

My first couple builds were so bad I had to grind fellshrine to lvl 70+ and I still died often.

Poe endgame is hard as hell with not a single life or defense node.
Started with HC (1st noob mistake) in open beta. First char died to the old Hailrake. (no mistake, working as intended^^)

Then I used a build guide but didn't realize it was horribly outdated (2nd noob mistake). Didn't really matter because I got oneshot by Kole ("What is Brutus doing there O_o", 3rd noob mistake).
Last edited by Sa_Re on Jul 29, 2016, 1:18:40 AM
I got a unique wand to drop, and when I told the friend who was introducing me to the game what I just got, he jumped and excitedly said it'd be perfect for a build he's planning on making. He asked me to hold onto it for him.

Two days later, I vendored it because I forgot what it was.
I had only been playing a few days and was grinding on Cruel Twilight Strand...had been for hours since I was still learning the game's mechanics. I was tearing things up, getting exp and loot and thinking man, I'm really getting the hang of this game! I restart the level for the 30th or so time and then suddenly out of nowhere this fast moving enemy starts beating the ever loving crap out of me. Nothing I can do works and then I'm pretty much instantly dead in a few seconds. I stare at the screen for a while and have no idea what the hell just happened.

I was clueless for a long time until one of my guild members said "oh, that's a Rogue Exile, watch out for them!". Had no idea they even existed and I pretty much shit myself every time I saw one after that. :)
Coming back from a break a while ago, I sold a double legacy BoR for a few ex (maybe 2-3?) because I wanted to buy a Rat's Nest for that price. Double legacy were going for 12-15ex I think at that time.

I also used the first few Ex I found on gear while levelling. I didn't know it was a rare orb and figured I would find plenty more. Back then, if you watched the top end streamers, they were exalting their maps for more IIQ/IIR. So I figured, if they use it on maps, it must be super common.
"
mikeandkayley wrote:
My first couple builds were so bad I had to grind fellshrine to lvl 70+ and I still died often.

Poe endgame is hard as hell with not a single life or defense node.
Hahaha omg I had forgotten about that. I too leveled an arc witch to 73 doing fellshrine runs. I remember running for my life or alt+f4 whenever I saw a rogue exile because they would just wreck me in 1 hit. I used to suck so bad at this game and it used to be a lot harder when Dominus was end boss.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Farming Merveil for hours, and selling alts without knowing I could convert to fuses....

pfff

Andy
one recently from BLMST Izaro Kill

me: oh yes!! he is almost dead, lets tank him for the last shots
brutus: go to standard noob!
my english sux.
I fused past a 6 link by mistake .

I droped a khoams chest in beta , never used it cuz " no sockets = garbage "

Did not know that you can get wisdom scroll from transmutations till last mounth , iv been picking up all scroll i find for years .

"Ground slam is the best skill ever" ( this was me in beta )

Got kicked out of BLOW for calling charon a idiot , to one of his alts . ( or something like that )

Beat the game with only majic items , now the game is boring .

Still use self cast discharge builds ( I just like fire ok !!! )

Tryed to tank a character by stacking armor on gear .

Put so much time into playing closed beta that when the game launched to open beta i was totaly burnt out and missed the first 4 mounths .

Started playing this game for loot based PvP

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info