Tell me about your noob stories.

Very first attempt at this game, I got stuck in act 2, because I completely overlooked the chamber of sins. Thought it was a bug and quit the game for about a year and a half.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I dropped a portal gem in the twilight strand on my first ever character. I though it was something normal.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 27, 2016, 7:53:50 PM
Trying to roll Tempered-prefix on a ring.

I spent about 300 chaos before doing some research and found otherwise.

My defense was the website (Game > Items > Mod > Prefix) didn't specify that rings could roll until Annealed.

I still stand by that. :(
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
I once bought the most horrible 5L imaginable, for 1ex + all my other currency back in HC perm (before there were even leagues) I didn't really know the value of the exalted or the 5L. Pretty sure I got ripped off good.

I also took a short break once, and when I got back I needed some stash space, So I figured I would just vendor all of my gem tabs, well I must have vendored about 40+ Item quantity gems, not realizing they had been removed from the drop tables.

Also lent an alternate art Karui Ward from race season 2 to a friend who had just started without realizing it, he quit the game some hours later.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

"
XSyntheticX wrote:
I once bought the most horrible 5L imaginable, for 1ex + all my other currency back in HC perm (before there were even leagues) I didn't really know the value of the exalted or the 5L. Pretty sure I got ripped off good.

What I remember from the "good old days" is that everything was so expensive. Every today's shit 1c item used to be a 2ex best in slot unique back in 2013.

I had a guy that was trying to scam me by putting a voidheart up, then swap it for blackheart, only he was terrible and ended up trading me both rings. He then went on and on about how he got one over on me, only to realize 60 seconds later that he basically just gave me a free ring. Pretty hilarious when he realized what happened.

Last edited by DuckYourHead321 on Jul 28, 2016, 3:45:02 AM
My noob story.. I still feel so ashamed, but glad that someone could earn some nice exalts :D

It was the beginning of this league, maybe second week, don't really remember. One day I found harbinger bow with 120+% physical dmg, attack speed, additional physical damage, projectile speed and something else, really, really sexy bow. I sold it for 20 chaos... 10 minutes later I found it on sale for 2 exalt :(( Silly me.
[Removed by Support]
Realization 1
I was portaling back and forth to pick up all of the white trash... until I realized it's costing me more in portal scrolls. And then eventually that a majority of drops you'll never want to bother with any ways. Item filters are mandatory.

Realization 2
Kept getting all of these orbs. Used them. Pretty cool. Used them regularly. Oops, they're actually currency in the game. Stopped using them so liberally.

Realization 3
I vendor trashed so many gems with quality before I realized you could combine 40% of them for a Gemcutter's Prism. Then I realized some are rare drops, so pretty much kept all gems to hoard, level, and sell.

Realization 4
I got 6L on a somewhat crappy chest piece in may be 20 tries while using orbs of fusing. And I wasted hundreds of fuse on my next armor piece only to research afterwards and discover how rare getting a 6L was. I'm not really a gambling man (can't afford to be as a casual player), so just going to use the Artisan's Bench recipe next time.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jul 28, 2016, 10:49:27 AM
used a vaal orb on my 4l chest - instant poe delete.. that was ~ 2011 thank god poe got my attention last year again
i used my first 10 or so exa orbs adding another mod to my rare items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info