Performance Improvements in 2.3.3

Daaaaaamn, the game is so smooth offline...
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Yay, one more reason to keep my 1055T.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
Finally. :) Thanks for addressing the performance issue. It looks promising. Looking forward to 2.4.0. :)
I didn't know there is GOD MODE for this xDDD #longlivehacks
pls in undate fix the endurance discharge :DD it make the ground 100% black and I hate it XD pls fix that : I think u should change that black in to the ground-crack like earth quake but not copy the earthquake Xd u know wut I mean haha .. and clear some un usefull grass . change the pls change the bleed :DD u I can make a ghost and skeleton bleed tho how logic is that ...Snow...
out
"
enjoto wrote:
"
Hogaric wrote:
Apparently this is serious business since my memes got deleted from the thread so lets do a serious response then.

This is probably good for me because my CPU is really old and my video card not that much. Is that the type of user that is going to benefit from this the most?

The opposite I would say. They are making the game use more CPU threads (at the moment it uses 1 for the game and others for the loading introduced in 2.3.0). However older CPU have less threads so I suppose it will be less noticeable with them (don't take my word for it though I don't know much about threading)

The multi-threaded game seems to be using no more than 6 threads at a time, so the difference between old and new quad core CPU's shouldn't be too huge unless their also adding support for newer CPU instruction sets like SSE 4.3 and newer too to get even more performance somehow (Intel i7 920 supports up to SSE 4.2).

Intel has mostly just been doing incremental upgrades with their CPU's, so there's prolly a 20% to 30% performance difference between old and current CPU's (Depending on type of work load) which imho isn't too big of a gap.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 26, 2016, 2:46:37 AM
Perfect
God mode^
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
Our prayers have been answered guys
Now THIS is where I want to see GGG spend their resources.

Improving performance is what will keep players around in long run. Lockstep was a tremendous improvement, now keep going!

Personally, my largest gripe with the game is server stability at the start of new leagues. It's very frustrating to commit a day or two towards leveling a character (especially in hardcore) only to lose all of the progress do to a latency flatline/crash.
"
Vincent_GGG making wraeclast great again. :D
Can't wait.

Haha, very funny m8

;D
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info