Performance Improvements in 2.3.3

"
DoomCarpace wrote:
How does this affect players with computers that only have a Dual Core computer. A computer with 2 cores. My computer I got about 4 years ago. I wouldn't want to be using a feature that is really designed for more like a quad core computer. It might damage the cpu of the computer that I am using.

It should offer a significant boost even on just a dual core system, since you are effectively doubling the available processing power.

You dont have to worry about it damaging the cpu, software pretty much has to go out of its way to do that. Worst case scenario your machine is extremely dirty and it overheats and shuts down/locks up. Nothing a good cleaning wont fix.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Jul 26, 2016, 12:42:50 AM
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Nothing mentioned about horrible laggy servers? US servers, London, Singapore... Look at Reddit, tons of people are complaining about lags and disconnects, why all of this is being so very well ignored? Please do something, thanks

Dude, seriously?

Do you even understand the difference between the client performance and the network performance?

Let me explain.

Client performance: stuff that the game tells your CPU and GPU to do, to render frames, effects, lots of things happening on the screen. If this is poorly optimized the game will be slow because your client (your PC) is slower than the theoretical simulation ran on the server. This is bad because PoE should not be as resource-intensive. This is what they're trying to describe in this post.

Server performance: how fast server-synchronized information (in case of lockstep = everything (with small caveats)) is synched with your client. This depends on:

1) Your network card.
2) Your CPU.
3) Viruses you might have on your system.
4) Your ISP.
5) Proximity to your closest PoE datacener.
6) Your ISP.
7) Your ISP.

You get my point.

It's biased, sure. But this has been my experience in the last 4+ years of playing PoE:

1. Blame lack of SSD.
2. Blame CPU.
3. Blame GPU.
4. Blame ISP.

In that order. And #1 is the most significant factor BY FAR.
Get your SSD.

I received a brand new PC last year(and an SSD specifically for PoE) and everything was running well until 2.3.0. Then started the stuttering, disconnects, lags and freezes. I reached 100 on Perandus HC and I never experienced any issues back then. So why should I blame my PC or my ISP if everything was running fine before and then all of a sudden it's a shitfest where I can't even level up to 90 and die from unexpected(or expected) disconnects, freezes etc.? And I am not the only one who is experiencing this. Look at reddit, even AngryAA died from a disconnect although if he is a streamer he must have had a great PC and ISP. So yes, it's the servers that's garbage, obviously GGG is saving up money from supporters and spending it on everything but fixing their damn servers.
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Jul 26, 2016, 12:45:13 AM
No more lags from discharge dudes? O_O
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
Yay performance improvements. The best thing ever!
make video in 6 man discharge xD
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
where is my non-laggy DISCHARGE mtx??
Thanks GGG, your hard work is appreciated. Also, nice stealth leak on the next league's name :D
I don't know what improvements did you fix in 2.3.2b, but until that patch I didn't encounter any infinite loading screen in map and daily's. I had to put --noasync for my game to run so sorry but I'm worry about your improvements.
Last edited by haker2001 on Jul 26, 2016, 1:37:30 AM
Nice! My GPU is 280x radeon so hopefully not too far off of what his card is. But it's time I get a new cpu, this old Athlon 2 x4 is not cutting it anymore.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Yes!
Yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yesssssssssssssssssssssssss....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info