"
Boem wrote:
"
Dawnmayr wrote:

ill be honest. i have no clue what you are talking about here. What enemies in act 4 explode? I have never noticed anything like that...on another note i agree with op that volatiles can definetly be tanked if you arent playing pure clearspeed meta.

off-topic
Well i can't recall their name, or i would use it.

But the lightning based projectile spiders that summoners frequently utilize as specters. They revive units and when you kill them they leave this pulsating circle and later on perform a "corpse explosion".

Hmm they called revenants or something? Not entirely sure atm.

Peace,

-Boem-

Ah thanks for the info. Guess they just never did enough damage for me to even notice since ive played mostly tankier characters.
That's actually not correct if I'm not mistaken. The pulsating red circle comes from the things that spawn these eye-thingies. It is a delayed physical explosion, similar to storm call.
"
Emphasy wrote:
That's actually not correct if I'm not mistaken. The pulsating red circle comes from the things that spawn these eye-thingies. It is a delayed physical explosion, similar to storm call.

No your confusing a physical spell with a delayed corpse explosion upon kill effect.

Go find some revenants, let it summon some undead back to life and then kill those and you will know what effect i'm referring to.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
How much is enough? I've seen them obliterate 6k-7k fortify toons. Devourers with tough map mods and personal damage mods can gib pretty much anything.

The standard HC "I've got 5-6k hp and as much defense as i can reach/get" toons are easily rekt by lesser volatiles.

The fact is, it's not just glass cannons at risk, it's basically nearly all toons with the right mods and definitely all mid range defensive builds.

Try acro see how fair you think they are... cannot be spell dodged.
This sounds great. I also think they should grant all monsters Resolute Technique, and remove block from the game. Its really too overpowered to have defences in a clearspeed based game.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:10:06 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

I admitted on the first page that Volatiles themselves might need rebalancing to fit the ideal I described, maybe not basing the explosion damage on the monster's initial life would help.

The damage isn't based on their life.

"
Zaanus wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

I admitted on the first page that Volatiles themselves might need rebalancing to fit the ideal I described, maybe not basing the explosion damage on the monster's initial life would help.

Needs source to substantiate claim.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

Needs source to substantiate claim.

Peace,

-Boem-

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4jq4cj/hows_volatile_blood_damage_calculated/

However, if you played as much as you forum warriored it would be pretty obvious when a charging ribbon volatile gouges you for 3-4k (lowest life in game, relatively high base dmg attack).
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:10:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info