Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:03:00 PM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2016, 6:18:37 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Or they could just change the volatiles to behave like the exploding minions from the act 4 monsters.

A delayed, visually displayed corpse explosion.

A melee doesn't move or doesn't notice it = get shrekt.

A ranged speeds on and runs over the unit without noticing it = get shrekt.

Preferably, make it an AOE effect that takes all corpses around the rare into account and proqs this delayed corpse explosion.

Your suggestion is not bad, but it wouldn't really address the issue of melee volatiles. Those things can hurt like a mofo with certain map modifiers.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:03:13 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
but I think we need more stuff that takes a second and slows you down a little bit if we ever want to come back down from the clear speed meta.

Yes, and we do this by increasing monster res and life and/or decreasing player damage and attack/move speed(you know, fucking balance...), adding broken mods to oneshot players is not the way.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:06:02 PM
"
Volatiles are currently one of the few things that force you to make a defensive choice in your build rather than an offensive choice.

Not really, they force you to look at what you are killing, but that's it. Also you can't really defend against them, a high HP enemy in the right map kills you regardless. But their AoE is very small and it is easy to kill them with something from afar.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:06:28 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Or they could just change the volatiles to behave like the exploding minions from the act 4 monsters.

A delayed, visually displayed corpse explosion.

A melee doesn't move or doesn't notice it = get shrekt.

A ranged speeds on and runs over the unit without noticing it = get shrekt.

Preferably, make it an AOE effect that takes all corpses around the rare into account and proqs this delayed corpse explosion.

Your suggestion is not bad, but it wouldn't really address the issue of melee volatiles. Those things can hurt like a mofo with certain map modifiers.

Peace,

-Boem-

ill be honest. i have no clue what you are talking about here. What enemies in act 4 explode? I have never noticed anything like that...on another note i agree with op that volatiles can definetly be tanked if you arent playing pure clearspeed meta.
"
Dawnmayr wrote:

ill be honest. i have no clue what you are talking about here. What enemies in act 4 explode? I have never noticed anything like that...on another note i agree with op that volatiles can definetly be tanked if you arent playing pure clearspeed meta.

off-topic
Well i can't recall their name, or i would use it.

But the lightning based projectile spiders that summoners frequently utilize as specters. They revive units and when you kill them they leave this pulsating circle and later on perform a "corpse explosion".

Hmm they called revenants or something? Not entirely sure atm.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:07:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info