Russian Garena User Account Migration

Russian garena? I believe, massive duped/hacked/botted whatever items will come too :/

I see already russian texts here that noone can understand except for russians. Just give them their own server and throw them all there.

Expecting most used words in POE will be Cyka i guess
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Jul 25, 2016, 9:03:43 PM
Please stop your prejudices.
First of all - size of Garena CIS playersbase is so small that it's negligible even compared to russian playerbase on GGG servers not counting all international players.
Second - there are already large amount of russian players on GGG servers even if you do not realize that. Not every russian player is illiterate prick spamming chats with russian text for no reason (these 12 year olds or adults with 12 yo mentality usually only enjoy PvP focused games anyway). The fact that you're not aware how many russian players are now on GGG servers speaks for itself. Even players that don't speak english usually hang out in russian guilds or just with their friends and rarely if ever interact with other players. For example my friend when he started always asked me to translate skills, trade for him etc. Now he learned basics and can do everything himself and rarely asks for help. If I wasn't around he would've probably end up playing on Garena or not playing at all.
Third - few players that actually played on Garena are mostly casuals. More hardcore players either stopped playing or moved to GGG server (or never moved to Garena if they started playing before Garena was even an option) because economy on Garena is dead. Not because of bots or anything like that but because there just not enough players. Simple example - try to look for Shavronne's Wrappings on poep.ru (which is like poe.trade for Garena CIS) for Prophecy league. Right now only 1 online and if you include offline results - all results fit in a single page.
Fourth - even if there were bots and they run 24/7 since the release of Garena CIS servers - they will have negligible impact on standard economy. People that rule standard economy probably have more wealth than entire playerbase of Garena CIS servers combined. League end transfers to standard likely have more impact on economy.
And the last - if Brazillian Portuguese launch is any indication then russian players will have their own global and trade chats and will have to type "/global X en" to join english chat. If someone does that on purpose to spam chat - then he'll be muted.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Jul 25, 2016, 9:55:32 PM
"
DemonikPath wrote:
Please stop your prejudices.
First of all - size of Garena CIS playersbase is so small that it's negligible even compared to russian playerbase on GGG servers not counting all international players.
Second - there are already large amount of russian players on GGG servers even if you do not realize that. Not every russian player is illiterate prick spamming chats with russian text for no reason (these 12 year olds or adults with 12 yo mentality usually only enjoy PvP focused games anyway). The fact that you're not aware how many russian players are now on GGG servers speaks for itself. Even players that don't speak english usually hang out in russian guilds or just with their friends and rarely if ever interact with other players. For example my friend when he started always asked me to translate skills, trade for him etc. Now he learned basics and can do everything himself and rarely asks for help. If I wasn't around he would've probably end up playing on Garena or not playing at all.
Third - few players that actually played on Garena are mostly casuals. More hardcore players either stopped playing or moved to GGG server (or never moved to Garena if they started playing before Garena was even an option) because economy on Garena is dead. Not because of bots or anything like that but because there just not enough players. Simple example - try to look for Shavronne's Wrappings on poep.ru (which is like poe.trade for Garena CIS) for Prophecy league. Right now only 1 online and if you include offline results - all results fit in a single page.
Fourth - even if there were bots and they run 24/7 since the release of Garena CIS servers - they will have negligible impact on standard economy. People that rule standard economy probably have more wealth than entire playerbase of Garena CIS servers combined. League end transfers to standard likely have more impact on economy.
And the last - if Brazillian Portuguese launch is any indication then russian players will have their own global and trade chats and will have to type "/global X en" to join english chat. If someone does that on purpose to spam chat - then he'll be muted.

People would be too annoyed by this and stop going to chat. Would you like to Mute 50 people everytime you go to the chat?

Every game, EVERY game (d2, d3, dota, cs, overwatch and many other games) i come to contact with russians and it ended up like cyka cyka, leave, spam, report
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
unlucky_child wrote:
People would be too annoyed by this and stop going to chat. Would you like to Mute 50 people everytime you go to the chat?

Every game, EVERY game (d2, d3, dota, cs, overwatch and many other games) i come to contact with russians and it ended up like cyka cyka, leave, spam, report

There is such thing as global mute by GGG. Most russians who do not speak english will never leave russian channels. And you know what's funny? How many times you come across russians and weren't aware it was russian player? I can assure you it's much more times than you imagine. You won't be annoyed by spam because there wouldn't be more spam than there is now. If anything there would be less russians in chat because some will move to dedicated russian channels (which are very likely to be added just like for brazilian portuguese).
Last edited by DemonikPath on Jul 25, 2016, 10:35:39 PM
Seeing as some have posted an image from reddit, it's only fair it should be posted again, with the new edit from Chris.

Also:

Moreover, a lot of people seem to conflate Graena Asia with Garena CIS. They are not the same. The Asian servers had/has all sorts of issues, which are simply not apparent on The CIS servers.

On another note, some seem to think their precious chat will be inundated with Cyrillic, however, if GGG implement support for additional languages, in the same way they have with the Garena CIS and, as far as I'm aware, the South American/Portuguese servers, there will be separate language chat channels, which may be chosen from the in-game options.
Last edited by Kellog on Jul 25, 2016, 10:57:49 PM
Good thing I only play in challenge leagues.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Whats gonna happen if i have acount on garena and int server with same email and some characters have same name but i both purchase micro transactions on it
"
Glicense wrote:
Whats gonna happen if i have acount on garena and int server with same email and some characters have same name but i both purchase micro transactions on it

I don't think all the details have been worked out yet. Chris said on reddit that accounts won't be merged, basically, the import will create a separate account. Perhaps they'll provide options during the transfer to deal with duplicate email addresses and character names...
Everything will be goog!
I'm glad to see all these ridiculous posts panicking about the impending Garena CIS (Not Asia) merger, have made it to the sky is falling list in General.
Last edited by Kellog on Jul 26, 2016, 2:31:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info