Your authentication for instance transfer was invalid

To 'Steam' players:

I post to confirm that as of today 29 nov 2018, i had NO disconnection, no tranfert aborted, no triple login needed during a whole 10H play night.
just converted my login from steam to "PoE". (method described in above posts, just mail to support:
support@grindinggear.com )

the change is radical compared to previous game sessions with steam loggin/install where i suffered bald login, disconnections 25% times i used a portal scroll or waypoint (especialy waypoints to towns)

dont be afraid, you wont loose characters or whatsoever, just Add an email to your POE account, install the client from poe website. and enjoy the game !

(you can copy that big "Content.ggpk" from your steam/common/path of exile/ folder to the 'new retail' PoE folder, so you save yourself 15gb download, do that just after the PoE install(witch is very short), BEFORE launching the game)

ps: sorry poor english, not native :(
Last edited by Vermiflux on Dec 1, 2018, 2:32:53 AM
december 12
still happening
Le Mankey Face amirite guise :---------------------------------------)
Im suffering this bug too, in both launchers (Steam or Poe ).....
Last edited by urdriel on Dec 12, 2018, 7:00:27 AM
This shit only started happening for me after that wonderful hotfix on Tuesday I think it was. Awesome bug, combined with the "unexpected disconnection" error on log in is really making logging into PoE a hassle.
Last edited by Biovital on Dec 15, 2018, 11:46:00 AM
i had same problem and i coudnt even finish uber lab once...

i solve the problem with formating computer and instaling the latest windows xp thats suport dx 9c, now evrything works fine and i can even run 6/6 poorjoy rotas again :) whic i coud only dream of before...

and mybe the windows are old but they are still legend :)

hope this can help you guys ?
i had same problem and i coudnt even finish uber lab once...

i solve the problem with formating computer and instaling the latest windows xp thats suport dx 9c, now evrything works fine and i can even run 6/6 poorjoy rotas again :) whic i coud only dream of before...

and mybe the windows are old but they are still legend :)

hope this can help you guys ?
I am actually still getting this error when i log in now i did install the standalone client and it works but i prefer the steam version cause it has all my login info please fix as i only started getting this since the new update a few weeks ago
I have the same issue every time I logg in. Some times even 3 times in a row before I can enter a town. Pls fix this asap! It's very frustrating for someone who took a break for 1 year of the game and to find it in a worse technical situation then before.
Hi,
after some time away from the game I have been trying to play and getting this error everytime I try and connect to the London EU server. I never had this issue a year ago. Is there any advice on fixing this please?

David
well, we all have the same here. waiting legion for fixes but apparently it still happen .. there is no solution or answer from the support ? O_o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info