Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.4 updates] Voltaxic Volley Fire Barrage Deadeye -- Well Barrage is now #1 Bow Skill

"
jinraQ wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

It's because of the Powerful Precision ascendancy node. It gives 100% additional pierce chance which is reduced the farther the projectile travels. This should still give 100% pierce chance on most mobs hit.

Personally I'm having some doubts because the tooltip DPS does increase with Piercing Shots and I have played with and without and feel like it clears faster with Piercing Shots... still, a feeling is not a proper proof.

If you have 60% pierce chance and Powerful Precision gives 100% additional it would be 60% + 60% is 120% pierce chance which is capped at 100%. If a projectile is travelling further and the additional chance is 50% it's still 60% + 0.5*60% = 90% pierce chance.

I've tested it too, and it Piercing Shots node does increase tooltip pierce chance to 100%. Without it, tooltip reads 60% with Powerful Precision. I guess that leaves two questions: Does Powerful Precision increase our projectile damage by 40% even though the tooltip suggests it does not, and if not, then is 40% more projectile damage worth 6 points?
If it does not, then I guess I will just use a Poacher's Aim jewel for 25% projectile damage for 1 point instead, 6 points seems a little too much to me.

6 points for 40% pierce for drillneck bonus is not worth imo
You can get a jewel with %projectile dmg +% chaos damage +% lightning damage if you really want that 40% damage. those 6 points is better spend elsewhere.
Last edited by kindevu on Oct 3, 2016, 12:20:20 PM
"
jinraQ wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

It's because of the Powerful Precision ascendancy node. It gives 100% additional pierce chance which is reduced the farther the projectile travels. This should still give 100% pierce chance on most mobs hit.

Personally I'm having some doubts because the tooltip DPS does increase with Piercing Shots and I have played with and without and feel like it clears faster with Piercing Shots... still, a feeling is not a proper proof.

If you have 60% pierce chance and Powerful Precision gives 100% additional it would be 60% + 60% is 120% pierce chance which is capped at 100%. If a projectile is travelling further and the additional chance is 50% it's still 60% + 0.5*60% = 90% pierce chance.

I've tested it too, and it Piercing Shots node does increase tooltip pierce chance to 100%. Without it, tooltip reads 60% with Powerful Precision. I guess that leaves two questions: Does Powerful Precision increase our projectile damage by 40% even though the tooltip suggests it does not, and if not, then is 40% more projectile damage worth 6 points?
If it does not, then I guess I will just use a Poacher's Aim jewel for 25% projectile damage for 1 point instead, 6 points seems a little too much to me.

Powerful Precision DOES increase DPS via Drillneck. Mark (GGG) has confirmed it.

Also, it is giving you 100% pierce chance. You can "test" it by checking if any projectiles return (one of the other Powerful Precision effects). They will only return if they don't pierce, so if none return, you have 100% pierce against every mob. If one arrow out of your 12 arrows comes back, then it means one arrow hit a mob too far off screen to pierce but the rest was 100% chance.

Grabbing Piercing Shots doesn't do anything for your DPS if you have Pierce gem and +10% quiver pierce. All you're doing is blowing 5-6 points on the passive tree for nothing.
El Psy Congroo.

Can someone help me out? I'm a bit lost with my gem choices since I just switched from another build. I can't go double curse yet since I lack the chest. Which is the best 5th gem for barrage? I am using slower projectiles right now but I think increased critical strikes is a better choice.

Is there anything else I could do to fill my gem slots in a better way?

Thanks in advance!
Fun build im using QOTF 12k eva +Jade flask/Vaal grace very fun facetank bosses
"
Patchumz wrote:

Powerful Precision DOES increase DPS via Drillneck. Mark (GGG) has confirmed it.

Also, it is giving you 100% pierce chance. You can "test" it by checking if any projectiles return (one of the other Powerful Precision effects). They will only return if they don't pierce, so if none return, you have 100% pierce against every mob. If one arrow out of your 12 arrows comes back, then it means one arrow hit a mob too far off screen to pierce but the rest was 100% chance.

Grabbing Piercing Shots doesn't do anything for your DPS if you have Pierce gem and +10% quiver pierce. All you're doing is blowing 5-6 points on the passive tree for nothing.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming that!
"
2slow4flow wrote:

Can someone help me out? I'm a bit lost with my gem choices since I just switched from another build. I can't go double curse yet since I lack the chest. Which is the best 5th gem for barrage? I am using slower projectiles right now but I think increased critical strikes is a better choice.

Is there anything else I could do to fill my gem slots in a better way?

Thanks in advance!

get 6l Voltanic use Slower projectile + critical strike
or
Poison + void manipulation if u like

also get rat net + 2 barrage it really help the dps
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
Last edited by ArfJason on Oct 4, 2016, 3:20:22 AM
Really like this build, any help for newbie? i can't get in which order i should lvl up skill tree. Thx!
"
SinCaras wrote:
Really like this build, any help for newbie? i can't get in which order i should lvl up skill tree. Thx!

skill tree?
Go for the life first to dodge

forget the name
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
Last edited by ArfJason on Oct 4, 2016, 10:19:40 AM
Try on t11 map on boss for rare mod in map
and found boss to be hard and insufficient
die 1-2 time due to elemental resist chaos etc

Swap the dodge to life have 5.1k HP now

change flask to viktar was doing better but dodge skill was terrible
have to keep press movement flask if wan to move fast / dodge

easy to die if not careful
but overall still fun build able see purple hit on monster

Total con is more
Defend weak
Movement soso / worst if big map spam pot
Boss: Worst against on chaos resist boss
Aztiri : soso
UberAztiri : when boss swap voltanic i suggest to fast kill boss or swap to defensive item
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
Last edited by ArfJason on Oct 4, 2016, 10:23:18 AM
can i use a harbinger for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info