[2.4 updates] Voltaxic Volley Fire Barrage Deadeye -- Well Barrage is now #1 Bow Skill

Is it okay if im Raider ??
I noticed in your build of the week video while you're using barrage theres a strafe from time to time that goes right to left im just wondering whats doing that
"
SevennDeadly wrote:
I noticed in your build of the week video while you're using barrage theres a strafe from time to time that goes right to left im just wondering whats doing that

If you mean the red fire arrows that shoot in a circle, then that would be the labyrinth glove enchant "Attack with Commandment of Fury on Hit"
what about going pathfinder build when assuming without cospri's?

u get free poison on hit, 40%increased ele dmg snd some dmg increase from flask use, but lose powerful prescision and some projectule dmg ascend nodes. (but the crit can be compensated with diamond flask i think)

if i go deadeye without cospri's, poison gem should be placed on my 5l...(i dont like snakebite.. there're so many better options u can get on gloves)

going pathfinder will bring me better survivability, but i worry about how much dmg should i sacrifice.
someone help me choosing ascendancy plz ;)
"
saharquiel wrote:
what about going pathfinder build when assuming without cospri's?

u get free poison on hit, 40%increased ele dmg snd some dmg increase from flask use, but lose powerful prescision and some projectule dmg ascend nodes. (but the crit can be compensated with diamond flask i think)

if i go deadeye without cospri's, poison gem should be placed on my 5l...(i dont like snakebite.. there're so many better options u can get on gloves)

going pathfinder will bring me better survivability, but i worry about how much dmg should i sacrifice.
someone help me choosing ascendancy plz ;)

I thought of pathfinder too but then realized what you sacrifice for it.
You have to invest in piercing shots nodes because you have no powerful precision.
Miss out on huge damage because 40% elemental damage of pathfinder is whimsical compared to fast and deadly+far shot.
Miss out on Rupture.
And imo,the damage and pierce nodes you have to sacrifice for little amount of survivability pathfinder gives is not worth it.

If you can`t afford cospri, replace one of your gems with Poison until you can afford cospri`s. Don`t replace void manipulation.
Cospri`s is awesome for this build.
For anyone playing, do yourself a favor and roll one of these:

The low charge requirement + refill on crit means you can basically have 100% uptime on a flask that gives you 100% increased evasion, plus blinds enemies if you're in the smoke cloud. Jade flask technically can give more evasion, but it has a much higher charge use.

EDIT: That's really weird. I swear that flask has a "gain charge on crit" mod.
Last edited by bridgeburner on Oct 6, 2016, 1:00:13 PM
This has probably already been discussed earlier in the thread, but is RotC a better bow for barrage than Voltaxic or no?
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
jinraQ wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

It's because of the Powerful Precision ascendancy node. It gives 100% additional pierce chance which is reduced the farther the projectile travels. This should still give 100% pierce chance on most mobs hit.

Personally I'm having some doubts because the tooltip DPS does increase with Piercing Shots and I have played with and without and feel like it clears faster with Piercing Shots... still, a feeling is not a proper proof.

If you have 60% pierce chance and Powerful Precision gives 100% additional it would be 60% + 60% is 120% pierce chance which is capped at 100%. If a projectile is travelling further and the additional chance is 50% it's still 60% + 0.5*60% = 90% pierce chance.

I've tested it too, and it Piercing Shots node does increase tooltip pierce chance to 100%. Without it, tooltip reads 60% with Powerful Precision. I guess that leaves two questions: Does Powerful Precision increase our projectile damage by 40% even though the tooltip suggests it does not, and if not, then is 40% more projectile damage worth 6 points?
If it does not, then I guess I will just use a Poacher's Aim jewel for 25% projectile damage for 1 point instead, 6 points seems a little too much to me.

Powerful Precision DOES increase DPS via Drillneck. Mark (GGG) has confirmed it.

Also, it is giving you 100% pierce chance. You can "test" it by checking if any projectiles return (one of the other Powerful Precision effects). They will only return if they don't pierce, so if none return, you have 100% pierce against every mob. If one arrow out of your 12 arrows comes back, then it means one arrow hit a mob too far off screen to pierce but the rest was 100% chance.

Grabbing Piercing Shots doesn't do anything for your DPS if you have Pierce gem and +10% quiver pierce. All you're doing is blowing 5-6 points on the passive tree for nothing.

My question is... what if I don't have a pierce gem?

10% from the Quiver.
50% from the Skill Tree and Piercing Shots
40% from Powerful Precision, at least...
Totals out to 100% Pierce.

Why would I still have a pierce gem?
Why not switch it out for slower projectiles, or culling etc.

To me, the question is, is it worth investing on the skill tree, so that I can allocate a different skill gem that could do even more damage then pierce.
Not sure if this question was asked already, but how would you optimize this build for an Assassin utilizing Poison and Crit to amplify that Poison dmg?
another thing...
It's obvious that Voltaxic is a great all-round choice with less reflect risk but after finding a wind ripper and taking it for a spin I found that this is clearing much faster. So, if you play smart and have a map without ele reflect then a windripper is a great choice. Base crit on my ripper is 9% compared to the 6% of the voltaxic. That is a huge difference on actual crits. I guess the same goes for a good harbinger if you have a map with ele reflect.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info