Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Oh by the way, if you want some math on top of that.

Theres 12 million registered accounts. According to GGG its pretty consistent that only around 1% of players hit maps.

That means that roughly 120,000 players are hitting maps. This would be considered the most active users.

Lets say for one moment that each of those threads were unique users, that means only 200 people posted a complaint. Thats about 0.00167% of 120,000 people who are actively playing.

However, we know that many of those threads are created by the same handful of users, soo in fact it is significantly less than 0.00167%

And by total user standards even less than that. Its a handful of people, stop trying to say it isnt.

These numbers are meaningless.

Going by "registered accounts" is the wrong approach. It doesn't account for people who basically "demo'd" the game, people who made alt accounts, spammers, bots, etc. You might be closer to the mark if you could look at active users, but we don't have definite figures for that, because there is some overlap, and the only charts we can access are on Steam, and those are only useful for identifying trends, not absolute figures.

Further, because you cannot know the actual number of people who like/dislike Lab, and many people on both sides of the issue never visit the forums, you don't get to count them on your side just for convenience.

As for the actual number of people on the forum itself, I see a lot more people who dislike it than the GGG WKs who try to make it sound otherwise. This experience is confirmed in game too. However, this is just as anecdotal as that of the WKs. Turtle has made an effort to make it substantial--quantitative--while the WKs have not.

The pitch has been thrown. They're up to bat. Let's see if any are willing to take a swing.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Albinosaurus wrote:

The pitch has been thrown. They're up to bat. Let's see if any are willing to take a swing.

And what happens if they miss your mark, does that mean you quit? Does that mean you keep posting new threads and bumping older ones?

What will it take from GGG, other then action of actually changing anything for the whole thing to just stop as it hasn't gotten anywhere new at this point it is just a massive circle jerk and you saying anyone that defends the lab is a white knight instead of you now actually thinking the content is good for the game.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Oh by the way, if you want some math on top of that.

Theres 12 million registered accounts. According to GGG its pretty consistent that only around 1% of players hit maps.

That means that roughly 120,000 players are hitting maps. This would be considered the most active users.

Lets say for one moment that each of those threads were unique users, that means only 200 people posted a complaint. Thats about 0.00167% of 120,000 people who are actively playing.

However, we know that many of those threads are created by the same handful of users, soo in fact it is significantly less than 0.00167%

And by total user standards even less than that. Its a handful of people, stop trying to say it isnt.

These numbers are meaningless.

Going by "registered accounts" is the wrong approach. It doesn't account for people who basically "demo'd" the game, people who made alt accounts, spammers, bots, etc. You might be closer to the mark if you could look at active users, but we don't have definite figures for that, because there is some overlap, and the only charts we can access are on Steam, and those are only useful for identifying trends, not absolute figures.

Further, because you cannot know the actual number of people who like/dislike Lab, and many people on both sides of the issue never visit the forums, you don't get to count them on your side just for convenience.

As for the actual number of people on the forum itself, I see a lot more people who dislike it than the GGG WKs who try to make it sound otherwise. This experience is confirmed in game too. However, this is just as anecdotal as that of the WKs. Turtle has made an effort to make it substantial--quantitative--while the WKs have not.

MFW the fucking numbers on the forums dont matter, what matters is the total number of actual users which is MUCH higher than what i gave credit for. 120,000 is nothing more than a overly generous ball park estimate of active users, i simply used the numbers purely on the factual number we know of which is 1% of players making it to maps.

You dont know what you are talking about at all and its honestly hilarious how you can try to say that extrapolating the amount of users actively posting is more valid than the entire population of active users.

TL;DR - Math says you and your homies are insignificant, get over it because it is a fact whether you like it or not.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jul 21, 2016, 3:22:40 PM
While we're talking about the meaning of amiguous numbers, when looking at the number of unique posters making lab threads, did anybody look at join dates or determine if anybody created threads using alternate accounts? Not that it matters much, but just like straw polls, anybody can make alt accounts to skew results.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 21, 2016, 3:40:07 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
While we're talking about the meaning of amiguous numbers, when looking at the number of unique posters making lab threads, did anybody look at join dates or determine if anybody created threads using alternate accounts? Not that it matters much, but just like straw polls, anybody can make alt accounts to skew results.

Some of these lab haters make it their goal apparently to try and make the issue appear larger, as if that would somehow force GGG's hand. They aren't stupid, they can see IPs of these accounts, they can see the dates they were created, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that while some people dislike the lab, its far more then OP or anyone that dislikes it is making it out to be.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
My anecdotal experience is that I quit playing PoE for about a month because of labyrinth but, I'm back, at least for now. I only personally knew one other person playing PoE and he hates labyrinth. He rarely posts in the forum though. Of course, one other person is not really significant evidence either. The over 200 threads is significant, IMHO. There has been probably at least 2 threads about labyrinth problems active since it was released going on for almost 5 months now, frequently more than two threads. I really doubt that has been the case for any other "complaint". I think it is also significant if the prophecy HC league is as much of a ghost town as some have said.

GGG has some real statistics, I'm sure. It's their decision. My assumption is that they will do something about it in 2.4.

Regarding the expressed fears about people disliking the labyrinth creating multiple accounts to create new thread and making more posts, I consider that nonsense to best be shared privately with one's own psychologist. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 21, 2016, 4:06:50 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Some of these lab haters make it their goal apparently to try and make the issue appear larger, as if that would somehow force GGG's hand. They aren't stupid, they can see IPs of these accounts, they can see the dates they were created, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that while some people dislike the lab, its far more then OP or anyone that dislikes it is making it out to be.

Typical excuse for someone who is afraid to admit that the issue is larger than they would like it to be.

Also, still waiting for one of you WK's to take a swing. Let's see what you've got.
"
mark1030 wrote:

I did check the account names I didn't recognize, none on the list in the OP seem to be new alts. Now if they are old alt accounts, who knows. Most of them had fairly high level characters though. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

I did check the account names I didn't recognize, none on the list in the OP seem to be new alts. Now if they are old alt accounts, who knows. Most of them had fairly high level characters though. :)
Hey guys this totally isnt an alternate account.

I mean this name isnt even remotely suspicious or my join date.

/s

Whats funny is this was originally intended to be a mule but i was too fucking lazy to use it as a mule and my pc was too poop to run two clients anyways soo i never used it. I think i have one more somewhere, i lost my original beta account somewhere though.

Back when the game was in CB got an invite, thought it would be some shitty generic f2p game, made the mistake of putting it on some old ass email i dont even remember. Not like it matters though because i never got anything exceptionally amazing on it.

I think its pretty likely to assume quite a few people have mules or alternate accounts.

Swapping back over.
If you're going to accuse Lab haters of using alts, you have to equally assume the same of Lab lovers. It's a moot point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info