Trade is in a sad State

I see our resident dung beetle is here. It's officially a relevant thread now.

Regulator, I completely agree with you. I wouldn't even mind an AH as a solution. Whatever works. I'm sick of how this game tries to defend a trading system that humanity abandoned with the advent of currency. I'm sick of Chris_GGG's misguided notion that trade should be difficult. I'm sick of so many things in this game--things that really ruin the promise of what it could be--going unattended while things we don't even need (or care about) get so much attention.

I'm with you, brother.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
I'm sick of so many things in this game

Then do us all a favor and quit.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Albinosaurus wrote:

Yes, that's clearly the healthy solution to the ailments of the game: Everybody quit!

That'll #make PoE great again 2016!

Thanks for your contribution, Mr. B.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Albinosaurus wrote:

Yes, that's clearly the healthy solution to the ailments of the game: Everybody quit!

That'll #make PoE great again 2016!

Thanks for your contribution, Mr. B.

It is not a surprise that GGG's staunchest supporters, that mostly ignore any criticism, share the same hubris that GGG wallows in.
Why invent anything today, and call it something innovative or SMART use of resources when you can use an already developed system that has worked for a game with 100000000x PoE's playerbase.

Auction House with offline trading works better than what we have now. It is funny that i have to take my time out of gaming to trade. It is not fun nor rewarding in any way, unless you actually got a decent drop and reward comes in you selling the item.
Yeah, you can run the markets and make crazy profits in game and irl. If this is why you play a game then more power to you, it is not my kind of a deal.

To sell an item, you pop it into premium tab if you got it.
To buy an item, you need to rely on many factors aligning. This is why we invented auctions and mass sales irl. Remove the douche factor to facilitate faster and cheaper trades.

Cheers,
btw
lab sucks
"
vio wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

Trading already gets manipulated all the time by rich people who have all the time in the world.

i'm aware of that. and it's a pretty difficult question: what difference does it make if the top 3% or the top 30% dominate trading?

currently the market is ruled by those who have the tech background, access to trade data, open or private evaluation tools, the knowledge to use them, the neccessary time and dedication for the game.

because at the moment trading itself is so tedious, market manipulation is restricted to top items which will never find their ways to the lower 80% of the player base.

things would change with automated trading, price manipulation would extend to lower priced items because the higher sales volume would generate more profit.

---

the conclusion i draw from that is, trading for high priced top items needs to come with at a price to even the playing field.

The difference is that you speed up the life cycle of one character and get people to reroll into their next character. The game should be built around the premise of building multiple characters up, not just one. That's why D2 was so wildly successful even years after it was released. I've always maintained the position if GGG's game had actual build diversity (which it finally does after they released Ascendancy Classes), they would have to worry about actually speeding up the life cycle of a single character. Why they still try to railroad about 80-90% of their population into playing one character is beyond me.

Essentially, making trading easier would make it so that items would be more available, and people would be more encouraged to make different characters. You'd probably maintain a larger number of players in the game too, which would likely equate to more money. There's a reason why Perandus league was the league that held onto the most players despite the fact that it had some of the most horrendous skill balancing.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 18, 2016, 2:31:11 PM
"
_Emperor_ wrote:

To buy an item, you need to rely on many factors aligning. This is why we invented auctions and mass sales irl. Remove the douche factor to facilitate faster and cheaper trades.

Cheers,
btw
lab sucks

This is also why improvements to the API can help you hurtle through less obstacles, but the obstacle is what is preventing everyone from just mass listing items and collecting on it later, without player interaction and without any fucks given.

What works in real life is fine because there isn't a balance needed to prevent people from just buying something cheaper or removing interaction, however in a game it very much matters.

Trading should really supplement your gameplay people complain like you can't trade now or something just make me laugh my ass off, trading now is easier then GGG ever intended it to be. At this point what is stopping them from just throwing in the towel completely and saying you know what fuck it, lets boost drop rates by 10 times on everything, including div cards, who needs to trade then when you have access to everything in drops in less then a week.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
trading now is easier then GGG ever intended it to be.

This come from dev or you just inferring? The truth of this would have significant implications.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
_Emperor_ wrote:

Cheers,
btw
lab sucks

Trading should really supplement your gameplay people complain like you can't trade now or something just make me laugh my ass off, trading now is easier then GGG ever intended it to be. At this point what is stopping them from just throwing in the towel completely and saying you know what fuck it, lets boost drop rates by 10 times on everything, including div cards, who needs to trade then when you have access to everything in drops in less then a week.

Sometime I wonder if you still play POE or just remember it from 2013. You maybe pass too much time playing GGG unofficial support in feedback thread.

Trading is cancer, it was much better in 2013 than in 2016. Nowdays most people are afk or refuse to answer. Long time passed since I had a nice trading experience.

And it s not because GGG intended to make trading harder that the current state is good.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
trading now is easier then GGG ever intended it to be.

This come from dev or you just inferring? The truth of this would have significant implications.

Its an assumption, but one that is based on the original setup that GGG created with the forum like shops right off the start. If GGG wanted an in game system and wanted easier trade as a core game design they would have put emphases on it and done it, lets not pretend like GGG is afraid of doing hard work in order to do something (aka lockstep)

I highly doubt we would see such a statement now, even if their position is indeed the same as my assessment simply because the outcry at this stage would be quite large. Its better to let people not know the exact position then despise them from having it.

"
Sometime I wonder if you still play POE or just remember it from 2013. You maybe pass too much time playing GGG unofficial support in feedback thread.

Trading is cancer, it was much better in 2013 than in 2016. Nowdays most people are afk or refuse to answer. Long time passed since I had a nice trading experience.

And it s not because GGG intended to make trading harder that the current state is good.

I spend a good amount of downtime at work doing various things, responding on the forums is one of them. I almost never post or check feedback on what I would consider being my free time that could be spent playing a game.

Trading isn't cancer, its the same, but improved system that we have been using since that time. You know what has changed, players, droprates, ect, if anyone is really to blame its GGG to doing changes that cater to the "little guy", instead of sticking to the original hardcore ARPG, difficult and complex game. People are afk, that happens, an improvement can be made to the API to pull that information and report it so you could search by it on poe.trade, that is something that should can can happen. At one point exiletra.de had this working I think by checking the ladder if you got XP, honestly it wasn't perfect but it was something.

If they refuse to answer do a /whois therenamegoeshere, chances are they are in the lab or doing a difficult map. If they are in the lab, there isn't a way to really get the item to you until its done, again something that can be improved by not requiring players to be in the same instance.

In regards to maps, many reasons not to leave, shortly after the master reset for dailies, this isn't a good time to shop. If inside of a zana, inside of a map. This can't really be improved upon that I can think of, but if its a smaller, common item moving onto the next person isn't that big of a deal.

I think quite a few people list items for way cheaper then they are willing to spend time doing trades. Like I dont care to leave a map for 1 alch or 1 chaos, I'm simply better off with uninterrupted gameplay if that is the case. So I don't list items cheaper then that, some people do and only later forget they don't want to be bothered with them. Shitty player is shitty player in this case.

FeelsBadMan

Guys, this poop is really good. You should try it. I've been eating it for so long that I can't see how you wouldn't like the taste. Vegetables? Fuck that. What do you need those for when this poop is perfectly fine? Poop is the only thing you need to eat, and because I like it, everyone else must too. If you don't like eating poop, you shouldn't eat at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info