Having completed 40/40, I don't see how anyone with a life can succeed at challenges

There's widespread sentiment on the forums that you need to play 16 hours a day 7 days a week in order to complete 40/40 challenges.

I intend to prove that this is completely, 100% true by usage of my own example.

Here is my primary evidence, the playtime of my prophecy league characters.

Spoiler

So let's do some simple math and add up the hours.

2 * 24 + 11 + 3 * 24 + 7 = 138 hours required to complete all challenges.

Now over a 12 week period, the length of a 3 month league, this works out to 1.65 hours a day, or about an hour and forty minutes.

With this in mind, I just don't see how anyone could possibly get a monkey, let alone 40/40 with under 16 hours a day of playtime. It's just totally impossible. GGG clearly only caters to the elite 0.1% of players who can afford to play this game like it's two full time jobs.

Now I know some people will tell me that I just need to get better at the game, that I could have completed my challenges and had a life at the same time if I would just play more efficiently, but I say to you, what should player skill have to do with completing challenges? Participation and participation alone should be sufficient. Better yet, I should get 40/40 just for being creative with my builds. That would make it really fair.

In closing, please GGG stop catering to the 0.0001% and make challenges free for everyone!

Back in reality land where math makes sense
I have to say GGG did a pretty good job with challenges this league. They were all achievable within a reasonable time frame if you targetted them and they generally required out of the ordinary player behavior and thinking to achieve which added more variety to the game and made it more interesting. The achievability of challenges for normal challenges has really improved my league experiences since Talisman league. It gives me more goals and keeps the game entertaining for longer. I think they're in a real sweet spot in terms of difficulty right now and I hope future leagues keep hitting that.

The only questionable challenge imo was the 300 map drops from map bosses(I think I liked Zana 8 more but that may just be rose tinted glasses). The number was too high to get naturally from mapping so the only sane way to do it was several hours worth of Piety split farming. It's the only challenge I did in a party.
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2016, 4:12:17 PM
Good thread.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Gratz on 40/40!!

I'm thinking of going the extra mile; i've never even tried for challenges in previous leagues cept perandus (I started all the way back when Domination started)

This league has been the most profitable and enjoyable I've ever played primarily cause I had challenges I could actually do! I work 40-50 hours a week and come home and play for 1-3 hours depending on the time of day; i've not worked hard at all for them- most came naturally. I still need a few more like 4 more double map ambrius kills, atziri 100/100 is done. I need twinned and un ID maps and prophecy chains (1 left)

Lots of league time left; I think I can do it ALTHOUGH the trophy looks awesome at challenge 36!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
It's the easiest literally the easiest challenge league they have ever created like if you want impossible the x/8 leagues were impossible people without a life or without trading skills like that's impossible not this shit.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
It's the easiest literally the easiest challenge league they have ever created like if you want impossible the x/8 leagues were impossible people without a life or without trading skills like that's impossible not this shit.

^

All it took for me was like 2 weeks of grinding and then sitting in 820 to fill in the gaps. Did not think it was bad, but previous leagues yeah it would have sucked ass.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
took me 4 weeks on a snails pace, this leaugue was a complete joke challenge wise.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Jul 17, 2016, 6:46:14 PM
Umm, I think your post proved the exact opposite message to me.

1.65 hours (in your case 3) is a pretty big commitment (not saying it is a bad thing - each to their own) everyday for three months.

When you factor in work (9-5 + transport) and sleep, you're not left with that many hours in a day. While 1.65h a day doesnt sound out a lot in an isolated case, it actually is to be doing it consistently. You miss one day, you have to do 3.2 h the next, miss a couple of days and you are in for 5+ hour sessions (based purely on your numbers).

You probably also did it pretty efficiently with a good build.

So yeah...

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:44:30 PM
Man, how did all of this straw get all over the floor...
This is a buff™
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Woooosh

Is this the sound of I_NO's post going over your head?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info