GGG's Balance Team is a Laughing Stock

It's not the GGG team balancing the game that is the problem. The problem is that players want vastly different things from the game. Some talk about the game being too easy with clear speed, others complain about skill nerfs that partially dealt with clear speed. Some of the same people that want the game to be "harder" turn around and complain about xp nerfs.

Some say it should require a nolife commitment, but then many of these same players talk about getting bored at late game and can't stick to their commitment after all. Some think the game should be fun and rewarding, others think a punishing grind is more appropriate.

GGG could just pick a direction for balance and say "This is it, like it or leave it, but shut the hell up if you keep playing, or else get banned." Then they could easily balance the game.

I suspect that the player base of supporters is heavily divided, and that picking a single direction would force them to downsize or slow production substantially.

The game does have a lot of changes, and while I don't enjoy all of them, I'd say the overall direction has been good.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Balance is ok in this game and GGG sets the direction with each patch for it. Everyone can set their goals and chase them. Change a piece and another group of people will storm their shit up and down for nothing.
ggg doesn't have an actual balance team.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
laycast wrote:
It would be. A lot of the changes are laziness though. It's obvious GGG knows how to actually balance but I can only imagine they always take the quick band-aid fix that is a short term solution. Why? Because it takes less effort

Decrying laziness is actually the laziest of all types of criticism. It requires no facts, no thought, no evidence.

When you have nothing you call laziness.
Itt: people think they can be game designers.
IGN:Flickfrap
The Balancing Team obviously cares... this is why CoC is going to be raped.
LA FW is fine tho... and 890k dps GMP tooltip kinetic blast is fine.

It's not the balance team's fault. Clearly it's the low life players that exploits this game with CoC.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
LoPan wrote:

it's not hard to criticize obvious fuckups from the sidelines? your dumb comment would be correct if people were saying something along the lines "i would do better job at balancing this game".
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
LoPan wrote:

Brings up a good point, kind of a paradox; people smart enough to be great game developers/designers are probably doing something better with their career than working in the game industry.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
LoPan wrote:

Brings up a good point, kind of a paradox; people smart enough to be great game developers/designers are probably doing something better with their career than working in the game industry.

hmm you don't have to be a game designer to know when a game is shit.

you don't have to be a chef to know that pos in your plate taste like shit.

/sigh
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Here's another balance problem that's almost two years old now... finishing up Cruel difficulty (be it act 3 or 4) puts you well over the difficulty for acts I and II, and most of III in Merciless. Shouldn't be that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info