GGG's Balance Team is a Laughing Stock

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Applefarm wrote:
I am so glad that most new players do not come to the forums to read poison like this.
Dont blame the whiners, blame GGG for giving them stuff to whine about. If they did what they had to do and make the game balanced and not full of bugs instead of releasing new shit over the unfixed new shit from last patch/expention , people would be playing instead of being on the forums

Why can I not upvote this? This needs to be read by everyone at ggg. Once per hour to remind them what's really important. They might stop being stubborn in their design philosophy of adding more broken content/mechanics on top of other broken content/mechanics.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Gilgamesjh wrote:
When they nerf Coc to the ground in all possible ways, half the player base is going to think it's the best thing since sliced bread, the other half is going to threaten to quit the game.

Sounds balanced to me, hmm?

However, as this discussion is proof of, there is not one single agreement on how the game should be balanced, and most of the arguments are not about balance, but about future direction of the game...

So GGG should tell us about future direction in this game.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 18, 2016, 12:21:39 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
So GGG should tell us about future direction in this game.

That would require that they actually HAVE a direction.

Y'know, besides cooking up the latest ephemeral sparkly texture swaps for rich kids to burn $200+ on to dress up their virtual Barbie dolls.
This is a buff™
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Applefarm wrote:
I am so glad that most new players do not come to the forums to read poison like this.
Dont blame the whiners, blame GGG for giving them stuff to whine about. If they did what they had to do and make the game balanced and not full of bugs instead of releasing new shit over the unfixed new shit from last patch/expention , people would be playing instead of being on the forums

Why can I not upvote this? This needs to be read by everyone at ggg. Once per hour to remind them what's really important. They might stop being stubborn in their design philosophy of adding more broken content/mechanics on top of other broken content/mechanics.

And then people would be complaining about there not being any new content.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
"
Blakwhysper wrote:
<snip>

Damn, a post that addresses nothing. No need to verify any stereotypes about Canadians there /s

Not surprised you didn't have a real response though. Lemme know when you "achieve" your way out of Yellow Maps per your words.

ROFL. What a sad panda :( /tissues. I mean, you made zero unverifiable assumptions there right? <sarcasm> But I guess continuing this would simply be a waste of time FINALLY trying to beat that STRAND map!!!!
"
crystalwitch wrote:

They can easily, very easily add new items that don't require new game mechanics. New jewels, new weapons, armour etc.

Bring back perandus+prophecy+strongboxes for a new 6 month league with weekly different mods, like double strongbox weeks(turns into Monstrous Treasure maps everywhere) or nemesis week, etc.

And if you want to keep player retention past the first few months, bring out insanely build enabling OP items that have a use limit and vanish when the limit is reached. This way, they can test all sorts of stuff(one new item per 2 weeks which could be bought with perandus coins for example) and give people a different player experience every time.

See, lots of new content that uses existing stuff, rather than ask for more stuff. And they'd have 6 months to fix their bad engine.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:

They can easily, very easily add new items that don't require new game mechanics. New jewels, new weapons, armour etc.

Bring back perandus+prophecy+strongboxes for a new 6 month league with weekly different mods, like double strongbox weeks(turns into Monstrous Treasure maps everywhere) or nemesis week, etc.

And if you want to keep player retention past the first few months, bring out insanely build enabling OP items that have a use limit and vanish when the limit is reached. This way, they can test all sorts of stuff(one new item per 2 weeks which could be bought with perandus coins for example) and give people a different player experience every time.

See, lots of new content that uses existing stuff, rather than ask for more stuff. And they'd have 6 months to fix their bad engine.

Your post made me jizz my pants.
"

Your post made me jizz my pants.

And the best part is, they can let people enjoy easy OP stuff without destroying the main game. How about a legacy kaom's heart with 4 linked white sockets that expires after X amount of enemies killed. You can try and buy 10 in the 2 weeks it's available at like 10k coins per piece, but you'll run out eventually. And you'd be forced to try and tackle higher end maps rather than rush 300 gorge maps as fast as possible.
Or Seven-League Step with 100% MS, same deal, expires after X amount of enemies. People can go fast for a few weeks without overloading movement skills.
Or inspired by Mathil's computer: a 2 handed, 6 socketed mjolnir. Let's see if his PC can handle all the spell effects or if it burns down.

Players feel powerful, players have fun, players have diversity, main game doesn't get ruined with powercreep and you get 6 months to fix a lot of problems while the streamers have new shit to build around and keep their crowds entertained.

like 1 month or more me and my friend discussing current state of path of exile in teamspeak while playing, and here is the problems we talked more than others and we clearly think they need to balance asap.. all i feel game is at the edge of cliff, its either gonna fall like a potato or gonna climb back like a champ... we talked about problems and solutions

1- map system, end game content viablity is good but end game mapping system kinda boring so hard, i remember those days palace->shrine->shipyard->courtyard days and be thankfull now but its clearly not enough, at least to us.

solution; i/we want more end game viable maps.. like red tropical island map, generating randomly.. when you reach around 90lvls game forces you to run only 5-10 same maps with same boss mechanics which gets boring fast.. not the best solution but just and idea

2- 8 subclass thing, waaaaaaaaaaaaay OP. no need to continue i guess. 6 was fine and added tons of new build ideas and viablity and let us create some spesific genious builds around.. but 8? wayy tooo much powerfull..

3- skyforth, cospri's will, these 2 items shouldnt exist in this game like their current versions,

sky; %6 mana reserve?? seriously its more than most aura nodes alone in the game and you spend min 1-3 or around 5-12 pts (pathing) to grab them.. well not nuff we continue, stun thing %500 of your mana pool, oright oright lol, this item meant to use ci and ci builds has tons of int and naturally decent mana pool right? with super duper small investment DANK you are imm to stun.. no chayula no uwstance no women no cry..
ofc its not finished yet, %25 chance to generate power charges... ok seems fair and balanced? you fucking kidding me + %30 movement speed*which wanders dies for* and flat mana...
with zero downside on poe history's most powerfull item.. you have no life regen? ok very balanced downsider? dont make me laugh..also making item drop super rare*based on 82map drops* doesnt make item logical in terms of balance to me..

cospri's will, you can curse hexproof shit? + psn on hit + 1 curse.. veryyyyyyyyyyy balanced item... seriously ggg? where is your brain when letting people to create these unqs for the game ?

4- psn/chaos meta , unlimited psn stacking, super buffed curse: unlimited psn stacking and how you double dip psn is bullshit.. simple as it is.. and has to be nerfed asap.. either make pns stacks limited to exact amount or dont know other solution now.. to me, chaos dmg source should be hardest to scale and viable in the game.. we all know most mobs and bosses doesnt have chaos resist.. maybe make bosses with high chaos res, making chaos res map mod wont fix this shit cause we can chaos map and reroll. this chaos psn meta bothers me a lot like coc thing..

5- CoC, no need to explain further i guess. we all know how imbalanced it is.

6- new enchants and overally enchants, some of them are super duper strong.. i know its super rng based and hard to get good enchant for your build but still slight nerf on some mods would be pretty good.

7- jewels, i like the addition of jools to game but let be honest some of them are sooooooo strong.. i got some keystone worthy jewels for my builds.. they need to nerf a bit too.. with this current values on jools they feel more powerfull and show other nodes on tree super weak..

8- lab current state, i played ci, life based, armor based, arm/ci based all types of chars in prophecy leauge till now.. but let be honest, lab is kinda nightmare when you play eva+vaal pact char or some sort of.. when some chars cakewalks the content..
we have different opinions about this, i am fine with lab's current state, but most of our guild members thinks that lab layout and traps should balanced for all classes..

9- melee vs range, even i love to play gap between melee vs range is growing every patch.. esp ci melee is really in bad condition right now.

10- fortify, tbh its cool addition to melee, but after i saw casters, miners, st'ers etc can use it without any downside.. its a bit bullshit addition in game.. need rework asap if its possible.

11- MOOOAR DMG GEMS! well its kinda bullshit to have tons of mooar dmg multiplier added and reworked in the game... pierce gem with moar dmg? seriously lol.. this part needs rework asap aswell..

12- frostwall cheeze, am i missing something here? this skill meant to abuse pierce la, kb, ea in game or it has another uses? asap frostwall kinetic blast , lightning arrow and other shitty abuses needs to nerfed how they work together..

13- xp pentaly in red maps, well i guess kinda worst shit ever ggg made.. whats point of rolling and going red maps now with super less reward? needs rework

14- super buffed curses and blasphemy, i am ok to see cool curse mechanics and such.. but this is beyond godlike, super buffed temp chains with enchance and helm enchant empower etc, chill ground , maim , wither totem i see mobs has negative movement speed like breaking time line in game :D
***also blasphemy mana reserve is kinda low, i suggest it can be around %40,%45***
***another shit i hate is blasp curses cannot be reflected, our end game super duper boss uber atziri is more like cakewalk for most builds, this shouldnt be like this and only atziri and uber atziri should reflect blasphemy curses aswell**

ima edit wheneever i remember something to add...

cheers
"
laycast wrote:
Do you read all the comments? Look at the facebook, the forums here, or reddit. The balance team is subject to mockery for their incompetence and asinine balance changes. And honestly, it's been getting worse and worse.

July 15th. And this is getting ever more serious
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info