GGG's Balance Team is a Laughing Stock

"
"
FireEvil wrote:
the game is fast and easy now, exp nerf is expected

Yeah, for the 1% of no-lifers that rush to 100 in less than a week. For the rest of us normal people? This game is a soulless grind with no actual goal, and we can't even reach that. I don't want to run gorge until the heat death of the universe, I got other shit to do with my time.

Playing PoE should not require I put in more effort in more hours than my actual fucking job.

On what planet does it?

IF you want to achieve what the "hard working people do", you have to put in the hours - just as in real life. PoE does NOT - on ANY level - force you to do anything. Your OWN goals and expectations, on the other hand.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
GGG has a pretty spoiled, amateur attitude it feels like.

"I don't want to (or can't) work on that, that, or that even though we really should, it's just not fun to work on those. Instead, lets make kewel traps and make the explosions even bigger. Yay!"
Balance team cant work becasue balancing game would thow a lot players off the game

example: cast on crit changes
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
^ ROFL Phrazz I saw you post and I knew exactly what you were gonna say.

Anyways, on topic, been listening to State of Exile on and off, which arguably is the most popular podcast for POE. Not that we have many.

From my initial impression, they definitely hold back the criticism a lot, since Chris himself has been on the show a few times (with Rory queued up for next episode). But when they do, it's very short jabs that echo a lot of the complaints that this forum has, or reddit has, etc.

I wonder what the actual plan is here for the balance team. Never really discussed it openly, but ever since a4 came out, I've always felt that certain segments of content have been incredibly rushed or overtuned. A lot of the essence of what made this game awesome for me last year, are starting to fade away as the game becomes more diluted and most importantly polarizing in decisions over time. Drop rates for Uniques upped; Div Cards in every goddamn zone of the game; more "More" support gems than you can stuff into a 6L these days; piles of power creep all over from Chaos meta to clear speed to Ascendancies (all while making higher content less and less rewarding).

Just doesn't seem very promising overall when I look at 2.4 coming up. I personally don't think anyone is going to be upset if A5 or whatever else they have planned is pushed back to even next year. I would rather have them do maybe a few short leagues like Darkshrine while they work on the core game for one of these release cycles.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 15, 2016, 1:49:53 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
"
FireEvil wrote:

Yeah, for the 1% of no-lifers that rush to 100 in less than a week. For the rest of us normal people? This game is a soulless grind with no actual goal, and we can't even reach that. I don't want to run gorge until the heat death of the universe, I got other shit to do with my time.

Playing PoE should not require I put in more effort in more hours than my actual fucking job.

On what planet does it?

IF you want to achieve what the "hard working people do", you have to put in the hours - just as in real life. PoE does NOT - on ANY level - force you to do anything. Your OWN goals and expectations, on the other hand.

The white knighting here is god damn palpable.

You seem to have missed the fundamental fact that a game is not a job. I'm perfectly happy to put in some effort into a game, hell if I wasn't then I'd just be watching TV, no point to an interactive medium if you're not interacting, right? But PoE just demands way too much.
This is a buff™
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
"
FireEvil wrote:

On what planet does it?

Well, technically, I could just BUY achievement. I can buy boss kills, gg items, challenges, without putting in nearly as many hours as someone else doing it themselves.

Thank you economy and player interaction!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Honestly, ggg has one of the worst balancing teams I've seen so far. They destroy nearly everything they touch and then come back a year later to make it so insanely overpowered, it'll go back to being useless pretty soon with new nerfs.

So yeah, now they're going to punish people for playing cast on crit, same as they took all the fun out of shield charge. A build that was slightly OP because of it's aoe for most and very OP for the richest people in the game.

Honestly, it's increasingly more depressing to play this game, knowing your stuff is going to be useless 5 months from now.

- I wanted to play vaal molten shell, but no, they killed that too.
- I wanted to play shield charge, but no, tier 2 skill now.
- I wanted to play perandus league to get some tier 1 uniques, but no, droprates nerfed within a month after release.

In fact, their thought process baffles me. People LIKE speedclearing content, since it takes a good amount of knowledge and OP gear to do. It's something to work towards which will guarantee fun. But every time the casual players might get to enjoy one of these OP builds, it's nerfed.

It's why I stopped playing new leagues except to get the 1 or 2 uniques I want(which will get nerfed any way).

And worst of all, the people who balance the game probably don't even care about us. They just watch some no-life streamer go through content like butter and they nerf it in such a way that everybody else suffers. Horrible, horrible decision making, it shows that they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find even slightly competent people in kiwi-land.

All the while, we still have massive gameplay issues and Chris stubbornly not allowing us to turn off ground effects and MTX because of "atmosphere". Here's a little hint, Chris: nobody cares about atmosphere if the game runs like ****.
And you being so darn stubborn every darn time makes your players depressed.

This is my just venting against a wall here, because no positive changes will come from this as usual. They will destroy coc and it'll take another 3 years before the gameplay will be slightly manageable again.

No gg, no ggg, no re.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Balance team is content now. Even Havoc said the game is boring and forces himself to play.
They did their job, game is fucked :D
When CoC changes it's going to be a riot I tell you lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

[...]
But PoE just demands way too much.

Then it's maybe not the right game for you, dunno.

As Phrazz says, as e.g. Shags often says, PoE is wonderful in setting your own goals.
And the "ultimate" goal (lv100 in TempLeague duration) should be somewhat hard to get.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info