[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
Kipersoft wrote:
... what is your suggestion for single target dps?

Barrage
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Short Update for 2.4

The nerfs hit us pretty hard :( This build still works fine though. Frostwall is a thing of the past, and now all we need to do is use barrage for single target. It is ridiculously strong aswell. In order to compensate the damage loss, I specced into more damage on the tree again, so that effectively we have similar impact damage and about 17%less poison damage compared to 2.3. As for links I recommend

Lightning arrow - added chaos - pierce - slower projectiles

If you are using lioneyes glare at the start, GMP and void manipulation will be the other 2 links. Do not start this build unless you have a 5Link at least.

If you are using reach of the council, 5th link will be void manipulation. 6th link is not needed. Either you play with 2 5L and link barrage the following way:

Barrage - added chaos - pierce - slower projectiles - void manipulation

or you play with a 6L, and put barrage as the 6th "link" - since both LA and barrage share the same links in the council case.

You can run this build as Berserker or Deadeye, while deadeye is slightly weaker, it might be easier to start off. Pathfinder and Champion are also possible, but they are suffering more from the damage loss so its alot harder to do now.

Everything else stays the same, gearing, leveling etc. You just can skip the frostwall links and replace it with something you like. I still need to experiment what is best.

I am also experimenting with going crit as an assassin and will update my guide after testing it more, but it looks promising.

All in all the clearspeed hasn't changed for the high-end part of gear. The only thing that has suffered is the single target damage. Barage is great, but nowhere near the insane frostwall damage. So I wouldn't say this build is top tier anymore, but very close to being so. It should still be able to kill all bosses like guardians and shaper, if you have a bit of dodging skills and game knowledge.

Good luck everyone in Essence leagues ! I will update the guide with more details after 2-3 weeks into the new league. Feel free to post any questions, problems or ideas here, I will check this thread frequently still.

Long live the king !

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Hey m8, do you think its possible to do a CI version of this build? :)

Also in regards to your assassin testing, i suppose the extra poison&bleed from the assassin ascendancy could be huge for this build?
Last edited by bazzzzzzz on Sep 2, 2016, 8:51:45 AM
"
Camaron wrote:

"Berserker has "40% more damage" which is multiplier (so if you had 10k dps before you will have 14k after).
Increased damage from champion is additive with all increased damages we have from tree, gear, gems, flasks, golem and so on. As we have about 300% increased damage, the part of champion node will be (1+3+0.35)/(1+3)=1.09. So it is equal to "9% more damage".

Ah ok ty for the explanation, but since I play HC will the 30 % more dmg but 10% more dmg taken still be worth it? anyone tried it on hc?

Berserker is one of the best choices for HC, if you go for Cloaked in Savagery + Vaal Pact.. everything what isnt oneshotting you, cant kill ya.
I played it last HC league and was pretty immortal, even in rippy maps (with a bit different tree, though, since Blood Magic doesn't make a lot sense with this build).

Champion is in opposite pretty boring and has only the pro of a bigger hitpool.
[Delete]
Last edited by Toaster404 on Sep 2, 2016, 11:54:14 AM
"
cmphx wrote:

Sorry but I'm to stupid to see the changes? For me the tree looks exactly the same as before?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Why exactly do you not take Vaal Pact with this? Seems like it would be an ideal choice for approaching the harder content in the game combined with the 100% leech instead of Rite of Ruin?
Vaal Pact is a huge pain when running the Labryinth. Really easy to die to traps with no regen and no mobs.
"
"
Camaron wrote:

"Berserker has "40% more damage" which is multiplier (so if you had 10k dps before you will have 14k after).
Increased damage from champion is additive with all increased damages we have from tree, gear, gems, flasks, golem and so on. As we have about 300% increased damage, the part of champion node will be (1+3+0.35)/(1+3)=1.09. So it is equal to "9% more damage".

Ah ok ty for the explanation, but since I play HC will the 30 % more dmg but 10% more dmg taken still be worth it? anyone tried it on hc?

Berserker is one of the best choices for HC, if you go for Cloaked in Savagery + Vaal Pact.. everything what isnt oneshotting you, cant kill ya.
I played it last HC league and was pretty immortal, even in rippy maps (with a bit different tree, though, since Blood Magic doesn't make a lot sense with this build).

Champion is in opposite pretty boring and has only the pro of a bigger hitpool.

Why does blood magic makes no sense? how do you keep up the mana usage without it?

Also would Vitality Void in skill tree and its neighbor points work with the bow attacks of this build?

Thx
What are your current links to replace frost wall? I moved frenzy to a 4 link in gloves, and kept your helm/boots 4 links, which leaves me with a 6L chest to use that has full open sockets?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info