[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
cmphx wrote:
hey guys dont worry, build will still be fine.

The nerfs are hitting us quite a bit, but for the latest version of my build i already specced out of damage nodes for more life so its easy to get more damage back.

Frost wall is dead, RIP. But tornado shot and barrage are both still very very good options for single target. Barrage already did like 70-80% of what frostwall LA did in my testings so I am confident that the build is still viable in 2.4.

I will spend today and tomorrow testing things and also updating my lootfilter. You can expect a short update of the guide for the league start, and probably more in-depth after a few weeks when i was able to do tests and stuff.

"
If there is anything you would like to read about in the guide that is missing atm, it is a very good moment to post requests her or to pm me what you want me to write about in more detail.

Do you guys prefer longer walls of text with detailed explanations, gear rundown and alternatives in each slot, and alternative ascendancy options, leveling guides and so on, or would you rather want a straight to the point gear-tree-playstyle type of guide ? Let me know !

Long live the king ! :D

It is good to know you not drop this good build ^^
Hope you could do something with current LA or switch to Barrage, because TS is too.... popular and bored now ^^
It is as though a thousand mouths cry out in pain!!!
I guess we have one more league to go before the Poison double dipping gets addressed !

"
Other Balance Changes:

Poison now deals 8% of Physical and Chaos damage as Chaos Damage for 2 seconds (down from 10%). While we have future plans to fix Poison (addressing double dipping), this nerf brings it slightly more in line until we can make those changes.
With nerf the reach of the council will be that the build will still work?
"
villli wrote:
With nerf the reach of the council will be that the build will still work?

this build killed uber atziri with a white bow.
i am thinking of going with this build for atlas, about the single target dps guess barrage or blast will have to do, but how about LA damage ? is it still strong enough after the poison nerf?

Also i play HC so wouldnt champion be better option? 35% damage instead of 40% ( but with the benefit of not habving +10% dmg taken) and we get Fortify. What are the pros copns
"
666lol666 wrote:
@cmphx:

I really love the build and I do think it will be still strong enough but there is one thing I would really like to know. You made a trap version that killed uber atziri with a white bow and I always asked myself how much trash clear dmg/speed did the build loose thanks to grabbing point blank? I mean usually I offscreen more than 50% of the mobs so that is a huge shooting distance, how big is the impact of point blank to that?

Edit: Don't get me wrong I know about the usual dps loss:

But in my opinion the secondary projectiles of LA should get a buff from point blank. So the question is when the first arrow's dmg gets nerfed and the secondary projectiles' dmg gets a buff how big is the loss in trash clear dmg/speed over all or isn't it a loss at all?

The dmg of the secondary projectiles is calculated from the distance where the first projectile started.. so you will loose tons of dmg.

I tried it already with different builds and in the end it's never worth it (except youre going to play something like Chin Sol melee ranger).
"
Camaron wrote:
Also i play HC so wouldnt champion be better option? 35% damage instead of 40% ( but with the benefit of not habving +10% dmg taken) and we get Fortify. What are the pros copns

Berserker has "40% more damage" which is multiplier (so if you had 10k dps before you will have 14k after).
Increased damage from champion is additive with all increased damages we have from tree, gear, gems, flasks, golem and so on. As we have about 300% increased damage, the part of champion node will be (1+3+0.35)/(1+3)=1.09. So it is equal to "9% more damage".
"

The dmg of the secondary projectiles is calculated from the distance where the first projectile started.. so you will loose tons of dmg.

I was told the opposite (the dmg of the secondary projectiles is calculated from where they started) before but I asked someone that always knows how shit works and he confirmed your version. So yes, it sadly is a big dmg loss no matter what. :/

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Sep 1, 2016, 6:45:11 PM

"Berserker has "40% more damage" which is multiplier (so if you had 10k dps before you will have 14k after).
Increased damage from champion is additive with all increased damages we have from tree, gear, gems, flasks, golem and so on. As we have about 300% increased damage, the part of champion node will be (1+3+0.35)/(1+3)=1.09. So it is equal to "9% more damage".

Ah ok ty for the explanation, but since I play HC will the 30 % more dmg but 10% more dmg taken still be worth it? anyone tried it on hc?
First time building a bow user and I decided to go with this one!

Since the frost wall got nerfed, what is your suggestion for single target dps?

Thanks! So excited to make this build tomorrow!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info