If Ascendancy points weren't behind the lab. Would anyone do it?

I would not, the only reason I've attempted lab is for the ascendancy.
Would "Anyone"? Im pretty sure someone would, me included.
I probably would, the rewards are nice and it's a fun change of pace from just doing maps.
Then it would just be a longer form of Atziri.
"
grepman wrote:
of course. fuck linearity. fuck the conveyor belt. I just wish lab would be 20 rooms bigger and not have predictable ass layouts

oh and remove map at each entrance/exit and possible paths.

make it a REAL labyrinth you can get lost in and has tons of dangers asides from traps.

This is what it should have been from the beginning. But for some reason they wanted it to also be compatible with racing so now what we have is a cheesable joke.
who remembers text adventures where you had to draw state diagrams yourself to keep track of the labyrinth ?

*sigh* miss those

With the speed that Uber lab prophecies and keys sell it's quite clear that a lot of people run them
uber lab probably every now and then, it's pretty much a massive t8 map with some nice rewards from the chests and the occasional good helm enchant. The others, probably not... even farming merc lab for certain glove/boot enchants (without the cost of paying an Offering) is way too much time investment for just a 1/12ish chance to get what you want, and the chests at the end are garbage.

If they modified the way enchants worked, by giving you like 3 randomly-chosen enchants to pick from each time you selected a piece of gear to enchant, then i'd probably still run merc every now and then for them and i'd care much more about uber. But for just one random enchant without any semblance of control... not worth the time; right now rolling enchants would be comparable to having to wait 10 minutes between each alteration usage while trying to roll 'flaring': usually just a slap in the face after all your time spent.
Last edited by Shppy on Jun 30, 2016, 5:57:24 PM
I have seven uber Izaro kills so I think it's safe to say I do it for other reasons than ascendancy points. Whenever there's an intricate locker in merciless or uber lab, I usually run it at least once. I also do any labyrinth prophecies I get. Sometimes I do it just to keep company for a friend. Enchantments usually happen as a byproduct of other runs and I don't farm them specifically.
I dont even run it now that they are gated behind it because its an alienating, tedious and boring pile of crap. I wouldnt even know/care for its existance if it didnt have anything of interest to me linked to it.

Join the movement people make PoE ARGP again!
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info