My Experience with 6L Crafting

Long time player here, and while I do understand why some things are so rare, and are meant to be "chase" items, I sometimes wish that they weren't so unachievable. The chase while fun at the start, and very rewarding when you do strike gold, can and does get very very old. Often the chase reward itself doesn't make up (at least for me) the time and effort spent being unrewarded.

Years ago, it was awesome to have these unachievable goals set in place, but as time goes on we all get older etc, we can get tired of chasing and just want to get to the pot of gold. Chris himself even said PoE has evolved into a game the average joe can get home from work and just kill monsters for a few hours. The only problem with that is in the current state of the game, that average joe will 99.9% of the time go completely unrewarded in any meaningful way and walk away feeling so.

Some things need to be buffed to be more rewarding for the majority of the playerbase IE Casual players.
This would be good for player retention, and the adamant players would just be that much more rewarded.

TLDR: It would be nice to have nice things without playing 16 hours a day for months.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Bought my first 6L from an NPC vendor after I leveled up, that was a long time ago but every time I leveled up I check all vendors in all acts, sadly I never got an other 6L from an NPC vendor to this day, but I'll continue checking!
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
"
frogemoth wrote:
Bought my first 6L from an NPC vendor after I leveled up, that was a long time ago but every time I leveled up I check all vendors in all acts, sadly I never got an other 6L from an NPC vendor to this day, but I'll continue checking!

This is what happened to me exactly.
It's a curse in a way. Every time I level I am forced to check all acts vendor at least in cruel and merciless. And when I level too quickly and/or forgot to check and leveled again I always get that tingle feeling of "man there goes a free 6L".

8K hours played, only seem 1 6L chest (lv45 plate with ilvl 55 lol) and 1 6L 2 handed sword with shitty base on vendor ever.
It was cool to buy a 6L for 1 transmute.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 30, 2016, 1:50:40 PM
What crafting? There is no crafting. It's too expensive with almost no payout. Just like everything in this game.

I can swear some Korean MMO conglomerate bought out GGG and is making the balancing decisions, that's honestly what it feels like.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
KIntsugi with guaranteed 6l is 8.5 to 9 ex on poe.trade. so you could have bought one for your 1200 fusings (or a little bit more) without having this kind of stress and anger :/ Sorry mate.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
@OP play D3, this league I am really enjoying it over PoE.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
6linking an item is one the most random and frustrating experience of the game, I managed to 6L a bunch of items under 200 fuse yet I burned more than 900 fuse on my Prophecy main without good results (now I'm saving them).

And today, I got a 6S thousand ribbons from "The One", 2 fuse later...

Spoiler
Please GGG? add a fated version or all my guildmates will laugh at me for eternity ^^
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 30, 2016, 9:19:31 PM
i know it's a bad feling, i had a good result with creafting olny once when i & linked my vaal regalia (totally casually after 6 fusing and the achievement pop) but, that's it.. btw, you could have tried to look fo the prophecy and spend jewellers instead of fusings to make it easier

there are some ways after all
"
laycast wrote:
What crafting? There is no crafting. It's too expensive with almost no payout. Just like everything in this game.

I can swear some Korean MMO conglomerate bought out GGG and is making the balancing decisions, that's honestly what it feels like.

+ 1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
databeaver wrote:
Hi, I'm also a casual player. I understand and accept that some things in the game are out of my reach, such as 6-link items or spending hundreds of exalted orbs to craft perfect items. Those goals exist for the truly dedicated players. Accepting this and instead focusing on more realistic goals makes the game much more fun to play. I'm still able to experience all of the content in the game, because 5-link items are more than powerful enough.

u can get a 6link for 1 ex nowadays, u know? That's 68 chaos, or 120 fuses atm. in standard. 120 fuses is roughly 1000 alts. Given that you will drop roughly 3 chaos worth of currency in a blue map - it will take you around 20 maps to get a 6 link. Even if you go super slow and take 20 minutes to complete a map - it's 6 -7 hours. That is without selling rares.
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info