My Experience with 6L Crafting

^word
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Somehow I got pretty lucky the last few leagues and 6 linked 2 items, last league took 2 fuses to 6 link and this league it took me around 100 fuses for 6 linking my Belly of the Beast.
Last edited by warlick on Jun 30, 2016, 10:18:54 AM
"
Hunwulf wrote:
Yes, PoE is heavy RNG related, true.

You can use Vorici master craft to get guaranteed 6 link for 1500 fuses, thought.

But in most cases it's easier and much more efficient to trade for stuff like this.

The RNG of gambling, cough, cough... "crafting" has been and always will be (much to all our regrets... another item for the "Regrets" thread) high RNG for a once in a blue moon low chance to roll a 6L. The likelihood of this: 6 Link in 1 fuse is at least a one in a million odds against it happening and most will burn through 1000+ fuses and not ever get a 6L. Unfortunately, that's the way GGG wants it. Like a commercial I heard years ago stating "millions will play, few will win" this is the reality of fusing for a 6L. The RNG is so awful that grinding to generate 1500 fusings and then buying the damn 6L or trading for one is a better way. Sad but true.

The flip side is that high chances to 6L in under 100 fuses is not good either as then the exuberance when you do get a 6L is diminished "what, another 6L... right-o" but somewhere in GGGs desire to make rolling a 6L an adrenaline rush when you do get it they wrecked risk/reward (the carrot we are chasing is way out of range on a 49½ ft. pole) and the OP's experience is all too typical.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Hi, Im a Casual player. I must say the Crafting in this Game is truly Pathetic and disgusting. I hate how everything depends on Randomness and very small chance. Just spent 1200 Fusings (All my savings since past 1 month) trying to 6L a Kintsugi and never got one. I am very annoyed, I don't understand how people continue to play a Game which depends on this much Randomness ?

Till they change the Crafting system, I am going to take a break from Path of Exile, Try out other games. I know some people say its not a big deal, It was for me !!! There is something wrong when you sacrifice all your savings and still not get one single Item - a 6 Link, I rather try out other games..

Peace out.

Same for me also. The RNG has been nerfed to "KOREAN MMO LEVELS"...

I'll come back in 6 months or so when GGG decides to pull their head out of their ass.
If its a big deal, use vorici. Dont gamble.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Hi, Im a Casual player. I must say the Crafting in this Game is truly Pathetic and disgusting. I hate how everything depends on Randomness and very small chance. Just spent 1200 Fusings (All my savings since past 1 month) trying to 6L a Kintsugi and never got one. I am very annoyed, I don't understand how people continue to play a Game which depends on this much Randomness ?

Till they change the Crafting system, I am going to take a break from Path of Exile, Try out other games. I know some people say its not a big deal, It was for me !!! There is something wrong when you sacrifice all your savings and still not get one single Item - a 6 Link, I rather try out other games..

Well said.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"

Peace out.

Its quite easy, we play so when we get a 6L others can be jelly.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Casual players don't have 1200 fusings and don't try for 6Ls. You've categorized yourself incorrectly.
This is the problem with builds and guides being followed too blindly. People think they need the 6L and 350k dps for a build to be viable. Meanwhile the vast majority of players never go higher than like tier 10 maps which can easily be done with 25k dps.
6Ls wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact that they are directly involved in the skill system. That's what has always bothered me about the whole idea of sockets and links. There is a reason why Tabula Rasa is so popular despite having no stats, because it's better to sacrifice an entire equipment slot if it means having a 6L with no color restriction.

I honestly think that the entire idea of sockets and links could use a rework.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info