[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
germano003 wrote:
I'm at 67k tooltip DPS without flasks, just auras.
What's my next goal on the gear?

I'm level 78.

you need better jewellery.

the top flat phys rolls can boost your dps by 10-15k, even more if you have steel rings as a base.
"
Disconaut wrote:
"
germano003 wrote:
I'm at 67k tooltip DPS without flasks, just auras.
What's my next goal on the gear?

I'm level 78.

you need better jewellery.

the top flat phys rolls can boost your dps by 10-15k, even more if you have steel rings as a base.

Agree with Disconaut.

As you are only 78 atm, I'd wait a bit for the steel ring upgrades (steel rings require level 80). However, you can get a much better amulet meanwhile.

You might also consider a 6-link - cheapest option there is to purchase 6 Celestial Justicar cards (about 60c total) and then hit it with a Deafening Essence of Greed.

(Ignore gems in my body armor, I'm currently using a Bringer of Rain - in fact I recommend BoR over Abyssus for all content until Shaper).
Hello! I'm currently rocking about 69k dps with inc. aoe and 108k dps with conc. effect at level 75. I am quite happy with this, but what I am a bit more concerned about is my survivability. I currently only have 4.5k life which means that whenever I try and play red maps with any sort of damage mods or vulnerability I get into a lot of scary scenarios and many bosses can take me out in one good crit, and sometimes that isn't even needed. I'm struggling to run t12s deathless, I can hardly imagine doing harder content in the game while feeling so flimsy. I'm beginning to feel this urge to just dump points into the scion life wheel and cut away from other parts of the tree. An additional 25% life seems a lot more tempting than the energised armour/faith and steel combo at present, and I'm wondering what reasoning I'm failing to see that has brought OP away from that decision.

Here is my gear if you're curious.
Last edited by amoRaa on Oct 15, 2016, 7:31:26 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
7thSlap wrote:
Hi everyone,

with all the uniques it seems to be hard to cap restiances for ele weakness maps. Did you guys managed to get enough resitances for ele weakness maps or do you skip them?

Drop Hatred and run Purity of Elements for those maps.

Ah, good idea. Thx!
"
amoRaa wrote:
Hello! I'm currently rocking about 69k dps with inc. aoe and 108k dps with conc. effect at level 75. I am quite happy with this, but what I am a bit more concerned about is my survivability. I currently only have 4.5k life which means that whenever I try and play red maps with any sort of damage mods or vulnerability I get into a lot of scary scenarios and many bosses can take me out in one good crit, and sometimes that isn't even needed. I'm struggling to run t12s deathless, I can hardly imagine doing harder content in the game while feeling so flimsy. I'm beginning to feel this urge to just dump points into the scion life wheel and cut away from other parts of the tree. An additional 25% life seems a lot more tempting than the energised armour/faith and steel combo at present, and I'm wondering what reasoning I'm failing to see that has brought OP away from that decision.

Here is my gear if you're curious.

I'd aim for at least 5.5K life or there abouts - to attain this, it's helpful to get life on your jewels.

I also suggest that you consider dropping Abyssus and instead using Bringer of Rain - your DPS will be fine for all content up until Shaper, and your survivability will be much higher against physical damage since you're not taking 40%+ additional physical damage due to Abyssus - for Shaper you'll want the highest DPS possible - hence Abyssus is recommended for that encounter. I've recently dropped Abyssus at the recommendation of another poster and I find that my survivability has gone up substantially.

Passive tree points are very tight for this build - 5% life nodes aren't great. Jewels/notables/good damage nodes are all better value.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Oct 15, 2016, 9:23:36 AM
When should i Switch to Ancestral Warchief im lvl 50 actualy :) ? thx guys
"
michaud808 wrote:
When should i Switch to Ancestral Warchief im lvl 50 actualy :) ? thx guys

I switched as soon as I could use it, level 28 I think. It's very easy to level with.
"
hankinsohl wrote:

I'd aim for at least 5.5K life or there abouts - to attain this, it's helpful to get life on your jewels.

I also suggest that you consider dropping Abyssus and instead using Bringer of Rain - your DPS will be fine for all content up until Shaper, and your survivability will be much higher against physical damage since you're not taking 40%+ additional physical damage due to Abyssus - for Shaper you'll want the highest DPS possible - hence Abyssus is recommended for that encounter. I've recently dropped Abyssus at the recommendation of another poster and I find that my survivability has gone up substantially.

Passive tree points are very tight for this build - 5% life nodes aren't great. Jewels/notables/good damage nodes are all better value.

Bringer of Rain...? Blech, I just bought my 6L belly yesterday. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth and still won't help me against ranged enemies. Oh well, I'll give it a try.. :(

edit: well it does seem to make some difference I'll give you that. Perhaps it'll be enough once I get some more skill points to sink into survivability.
Last edited by amoRaa on Oct 15, 2016, 6:31:12 PM
Thank you for the build! It's VERY good. Right now, I'm at 157k each totem (Inc. Aoe), and 215k each (conc.) I know my jewels and jewelry isn't bis, and my gems aren't 20/20, but I still seem a ways away from your numbers with non-legacy facebreakers. Can you look at my Chief_splat and see what I should focus on upgrading. I'm not complaining, I murder everything and don't die unless I get stupid, but I just like to push the dps as high as possible. Thanks!!
"
nicky2tymes wrote:
Can you look at my Chief_splat and see what I should focus on upgrading.

Please uncheck the "Hide Characters tab" box in your privacy settings so that we can examine your character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info