[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

ty for this wonderful build! :D

i still need to 6L my belly and change my ring but it's ok :)
Last edited by OWNYOUALL on Oct 11, 2016, 10:33:52 AM
sorry to ask a stupid question but shock wasn't nerfed to 50% increased damage. that means it is an additive rather than multiplicative bonus. meaning your math is wrong unless i am a complete retard which very well might be the case.
"
Disconaut wrote:
im TERRIBLY sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you deal with this VERY annoying situation :

the mobs/boss (which does not die in 1 hit, like normal), will sometimes ignore your totem and start hitting you, OR the mob/boss/exile fires his skills from far away, like Haast, thus ur HP will drop below 100%, so you will lose the MDOFL gem bonus.

what do you do when this happens?

how much damage would we lose if we go chieftain? since chieftain's totems taunt and take all enemy hits.

my scion ascendant (CHI+HEI) is having problems in red maps, because the damage is big enough, and my current defenses low enough, that its hard to be on full life all the time, unless I play slowly and carefully.

but i guess, if you have this much dmg, you can ignore loss of MDOFL gem bonus. if so, then what gem to put in in its place?

thanks,
an interested player.

Through a combination of dodging, high life regen, using war crys (recover 1/4 life each war cry with War Bringer ascendancy) and judicious use of life flasks you should be at full life nearly always.

If not you could swap MDoFL out for Less Duration.
"
goat4dinner wrote:
sorry to ask a stupid question but shock wasn't nerfed to 50% increased damage. that means it is an additive rather than multiplicative bonus. meaning your math is wrong unless i am a complete retard which very well might be the case.

You're not a retard :-)

Unfortunately, the previously excellent wiki pages which fully explained how POE computes damage has been changed and no longer is of any use.

Damage calculation in POE occurs in stages. At each stage various related factors are computed and then the damage is adjusted accordingly. At the end of a stage, damage is passed onto the next stage for possible further adjustment.

You are right that the word "increased" implies addition - and indeed "increased damage" nodes from the passive tree as well as "increased damage" from equipment and jewels are all added together as part of a single stage in the damage calculation. As a result, these sorts of increased damage suffer from diminishing returns.

However, status effects like shock are in a different stage of the calculation - the shock bonus isn't added to the "increased damage" types discussed in the paragraph above. Rather, it acts separately.

Long story short, take whatever damage you're normally doing. If the creature is shocked, multiply that damage by 1.5.
Ah fuck, I can't decide if it's worth using 7 ex to buy a taste of hate.

It's such a huge amount of money to drop on a flask and it wont even keep its value going to standard.
lvl 80 5k hp sometimes will get 1 hit by izaro wave
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
"
hankinsohl wrote:

Through a combination of dodging, high life regen, using war crys (recover 1/4 life each war cry with War Bringer ascendancy) and judicious use of life flasks you should be at full life nearly always.

If not you could swap MDoFL out for Less Duration.

thanks, i'll go berserker first, if i get into troubles, then i'll try swapping to chieftain
"
bodohspam wrote:

For lab run, switch abyssus with devoto's devotion and use flask rumi's concoction and you will be fine.
I do merciles and uber lab without problem. For more dps, flasks lion's roar and atziti's promise.
Taste of haste is yet expensive for me.
@TiGeRWitch
"
Ah fuck, I can't decide if it's worth using 7 ex to buy a taste of hate.

It's such a huge amount of money to drop on a flask and it wont even keep its value going to standard.

Yeah too expensive. I use Lion's roar as alternative
@TiGeRWitch
"
bodohspam wrote:

Yeah we're not meant to get hit by anything, our main defence is running around avoiding damage. All the other defences we have are a fallback for the odd hit we take.

"
Boule wrote:

Yeah too expensive. I use Lion's roar as alternative

I mean I can afford it but i have no idea if it's worth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info