[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

Hey great build.

I'm using corosou alike build (more budget sold Tukohama's Fortress) went for more def do in tree (+8k armor).
But have to say only 82 and uber lab(my lab runner char atm) tier 1 to +10 are not hard . haven't tried guardians yet or uber atziri but i'm sure its viable because i have pretty crap gear :-) .
Was going to rebuild my marauder to something else but i like it so much: im just going remake another char to keep it.
So big thanks for this build. (and sorry for my bad English) .
Last edited by OutofBullets on Apr 24, 2017, 10:43:08 AM
Nice
FX-8150 3.6Ghz 8X./ASUS CrosshairV Formula-Z./Corsair Hydro H75/DominatorGT 8GB DDR3./OCZ Vertex 128gb SSD./SAMSUNG EVO 850 500gb SSD./GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB OC EDITION./XFX ProSeries (750W) FullModular (80 Plus Gold)./Sentey Burton GS-6500./TeamWolf Mechanical RGB./Razer Chroma DeathAdder.
"
OutofBullets wrote:
Hey great build.

I'm using corosou alike build (more budget sold Tukohama's Fortress) went for more def do in tree (+8k armor).
But have to say only 82 and uber lab(my lab runner char atm) tier 1 to +10 are not hard . haven't tried guardians yet or uber atziri but i'm sure its viable because i have pretty crap gear :-) .
Was going to rebuild my marauder to something else but i like it so much: im just going remake another char to keep it.
So big thanks for this build. (and sorry for my bad English) .

Sweet! So glad to hear others are giving my version a try! You def don't have to go as crazy as I did with all the legacy items. I was farming uber and mapping with all regular gear just fine.
Bringer of Rain update

And even MORE DPS ;)

So, turns out that Temporal is just not reliable enough in a CWDT setup, if I want it mostly for the DPS up, so I switched things a bit:

Out:

In:

Since the curse is now Vulnerability, I got rid of Temporal and went back to golem, but this time Flame Golem.

I also switched some points around:

Got rid of both "Totemic Zeal" and "Berserking" and instead got "Dirty Techniques"

To compensate for the loss of attack speed, I enchanted my boots:

Unfortunately, the totem placement is a bit slower now, but for mapping it doesn't matter much as you're for the most part just dropping 1 totem and moving on with abyssal having erased the entire pack in a purple cloud. But I definitely plan to get Totemic Zeal again, once I'm lvl 98.

Here are the new numbers:

Fully buffed:

Fully buffed on shocked mobs:

Seeing the numbers you're posting makes my 136k dps feel really inadequate. Though I'm at 335k fully buffed with Atziri's Promise, Phase Run, Vaal Haste, and a shocked enemy. I'd have more, but most of the good flasks are absurdly expensive.
I've only got it on a 5l, but doing nothing but swapping out Faster Attacks for Poison and Added Fire Damage for Melee Damage on Full Life brings my dps up to 205k unbuffed, 643k when buffed with the same as before.
EDIT: Replaced one of my useless life flasks with a Lion's Roar, which obviously helps a lot. Not sure why I didn't grab this before.

I suppose beyond that all I can really do is get better jewellery. One of my rings is currently pretty bad, so I should probably replace that first.
Last edited by Nuraihyon on Apr 25, 2017, 3:50:36 AM
"
Nuraihyon wrote:
Seeing the numbers you're posting makes my 136k dps feel really inadequate. Though I'm at 335k fully buffed with Atziri's Promise, Phase Run, Vaal Haste, and a shocked enemy. I'd have more, but most of the good flasks are absurdly expensive.
I've only got it on a 5l, but doing nothing but swapping out Faster Attacks for Poison and Added Fire Damage for Melee Damage on Full Life brings my dps up to 205k unbuffed, 643k when buffed with the same as before.
EDIT: Replaced one of my useless life flasks with a Lion's Roar, which obviously helps a lot. Not sure why I didn't grab this before.

I suppose beyond that all I can really do is get better jewellery. One of my rings is currently pretty bad, so I should probably replace that first.

Ya, I am quite surprised myself at the numbers I'm seeing. Grab a Witchfire brew too. They're not that expensive.
BoR update!

For those of you who have been following the progress, I have a little something to share with you ;)

From all the theory crafting with BoR, I've also come up with a Starforge variant.

Since it seems there are a few of you following what I was doing, I think a formal post with the details of the build is more appropriate than trying to follow what I was doing across all the posts.

Here's the link to the Starforge build:

"Starchief" - Starforge A. Warchief

A similar post with the BoR variant info will be coming soon, so that all the info and final build is all in one place.

Hope you guys enjoy!
Last edited by corosou on Apr 26, 2017, 1:14:02 PM
"
guggelhupf wrote:
here is my PoB link, i just eq 2 steel rings and legacy facebreakers similar to wich i have ;)

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/WdqW3t4n

@guggelhupf, I need your help. :)

I was following the original guide and using an alternative tree version that someone posted here with more hp. I was doing OK farming Chimera (not deathless) but Phoenix was owning me so I took a look to the PoB that you posted above, got a Tukohama and Death Door (I am nearly bankrupt now :)), rebuilt my tree to match yours (did not change to Oak Merc yet, so I have an extra passive point), and setup my skills the same as you.

I notice a good improvement on survivability which is great of course (and I finally killed Phoenix (died three times)), but I am kinda disappointment with my DPS. My AW tool-tip DPS with AoE Support was 140k before. Now to reach the same tool-tip DPS I need to switch to Conc. Effect.
Of course I have three totems now so I would be doing the same damage as before even if I kept AOE. I am kinda missing it as AOE was QoL.

Here is my gear.

Spoiler

And here is my POB.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/Sb7knFHw

Things that I already know,

- I do not have Steel Rings (Rings as you suggest are around 2ex each, I cannot afford that right now).
- And of course I cannot afford a Legacy FB.
- Some gems are not maxed up yet.
- I guess I can optimize the jewels a little.

Despite the above, I am surprised that in POB, with the same configuration and flask effects, you have nearly 2.5 more Total DPS than me (using the same config).

In POB your AW total DPS is 826k while mine is 351k.

I checked how much more DPS I would have with a Legacy FB and as per POB That would take me to 430k (roughly half than yours).

I am not sure what I am missing... It cannot be just min/maxing, I must be missing something.

I would appreciate if you take a look. Thanks!

Last edited by Cabeza2000 on Apr 27, 2017, 12:28:04 PM
u missed two flasks with HUGE dmg bonus. Lion's Roar and Sin's Rebirth.

with these both ur dps go up to 540k in PoB
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Apr 27, 2017, 12:51:04 PM
BoR update!

After seeing the traction the build has garnered and speaking with guggelhupf, we felt it best to split the BoR variant into its own post.

TBH, I think guggel is just tired of me posting so much in his thread ;) jk jk

So, here it is guys:

"Rainchief" - Bringer of Rain A. Warchief

Glad to see so many of you have approved of my changes. I have learned a lot during this process!

Thanks for your support!
Last edited by corosou on Apr 27, 2017, 3:21:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info